• Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

6 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

In Peremptory . What is that ?

Are you calling me out for a typo?  I don't think we need to take this lightly. We are talking about God's purpose here.

Guest Thallasa
4 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Are you calling me out for a typo?  I don't think we need to take this lightly. We are talking about God's purpose here.

A typo is a spelling mistake is it not ,but this is of no word, that I know of . If you mean purgatory, I do not believe in that  ,but something else . There are many things Jesus said which could not be put in all the books of all the libraries ,so maybe some are not ready yet  for 'solids'  This habit of so many here to deny what they do not understand  is rather tiring .

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

2 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

Please do not use scripture without putting it in the context in which it was printed. I have read Matthew 5:26 and  Luke 12:5. it has to do with paying debts and making amends to others upon the Earth. I've read the scriptures before and after these scriptures and know this to be true.  This thing about paying the last penny in Heaven is not scriptural, we pay for everything when we accept Christ and our savior and put him in charge of our life.

I repeat my request of Biblical justification for believing in purgatory.

He was speaking as a rabbi in a parable, so no, you are wrong.  So I did give justification, even if you don't accept it my friend ;-).  Besides, it was a development in the early church and this custom was in use before the canon was put together in the 4th century.  In the West there is ample evidence of the custom of praying for the dead in the inscriptions of the catacombs with their constant prayers for the peace and refreshment of the souls of the departed and in the early liturgies, which commonly contain commemorations of the dead; and Tertullian, Cyprian and other early Western Fathers witness to the regular practice of praying for the dead among the early Christians

Where in the New Testament does it say that anything outside of the books of the New Testament is not to be taken into account? 

Peace
Mark

Edited by markdohle

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4

10 minutes ago, markdohle said:

He was speaking as a rabbi in a parable, so no, you are wrong.  So I did give justification, even if you don't accept it my friend ;-).  Besides, it was a development in the early church and this custom was in use before the canon was put together in the 4th century.  In the West there is ample evidence of the custom of praying for the dead in the inscriptions of the catacombs with their constant prayers for the peace and refreshment of the souls of the departed and in the early liturgies, which commonly contain commemorations of the dead; and Tertullian, Cyprian and other early Western Fathers witness to the regular practice of praying for the dead among the early Christians

Where in the New Testament does it say that anything outside of the books of the New Testament is not to be taken into account? 

Peace
Mark

You took scripture out of context to what it was lain down as. That's what i accept because it is truth.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

Praying for the dead-- doesnt do any good- we know it appointed once to die- then the judgement--- praying to the dead id even more useless and can jeopardize your walk with the lord--- on occasion though I do ask the Lord in prayer to say Hi to my parents and let them know Iam doing okay~~

5 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

You took scripture out of context to what it was lain down as. That's what i accept because it is truth.

Sorry, we will disagree.  You did not answer my question.

5 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

Praying for the dead-- doesnt do any good- we know it appointed once to die- then the judgement--- praying to the dead id even more useless and can jeopardize your walk with the lord--- on occasion though I do ask the Lord in prayer to say Hi to my parents and let them know Iam doing okay~~

OMG!!!!! You are consorting with the DEAD!!!!!!!!  Show me in the NT where that is ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!  Are you one of those Catholics :o

• Followers:  4

8 minutes ago, markdohle said:

Sorry, we will disagree.  You did not answer my question.

I did not answer because I believe the Bible is the one and only word of God and his spirit guided those who wrote it.  I have faith in that and not the word of man, which I take is what you are referring to when you say outside the Bible I will reference this.:

Revelation 22:18-19  I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Wow, I just learned what "Dark Night of the Soul" is about. No wonder I couldn't read much of it. I needed cheering up.

I can't stand these posts where people who think they're Christians spew their hatred at RCC's for the things they do that aren't Biblical. They don't realize they're being unbiblical themselves by spewing hatred.

I was never much of a Catholic because my father wasn't. I never found out why but he thought God was only for women and small children. However, my mother was a devout Catholic but more importantly she loved God.

Loving the Bible isn't the same thing as loving God. Understand? I know 2000 yrs ago people said they loved Jesus. And I'm sure they loved listening to Him, and watching Him feed thousands with next to nothing. They loved that man. But when He wasn't around I wonder how many refused to give crumbs to someone starving. Or how many hated other people for trite reasons, like they held a shovel differently.

Maybe I'm conceited but when I meet someone who loves God I seem to know it. The least important thing is their religion. God is real. He knows who loves Him.