• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, Davida said:

Too bad Mark , that you are really mocking God, here in the above post. If you took the Bible as the Word of God that the Spirit of God reveals to every believer that He lives inside of,  you would know this practice of trying to communicate with the dead saints  is an abomination unto God as God spoke it in Deuteronomy. Purgatory is a rc  concept, and we can do nothing by praying for the dead. 

LOL, mocking God?  Was not :emot-wave:;)

2 minutes ago, JTC said:

Wow, I just learned what "Dark Night of the Soul" is about. No wonder I couldn't read much of it. I needed cheering up.

I can't stand these posts where people who think they're Christians spew their hatred at RCC's for the things they do that aren't Biblical. They don't realize they're being unbiblical themselves by spewing hatred.

I was never much of a Catholic because my father wasn't. I never found out why but he thought God was only for women and small children. However, my mother was a devout Catholic but more importantly she loved God.

Loving the Bible isn't the same thing as loving God. Understand? I know 2000 yrs ago people said they loved Jesus. And I'm sure they loved listening to Him, and watching Him feed thousands with next to nothing. They loved that man. But when He wasn't around I wonder how many refused to give crumbs to someone starving. Or how many hated other people for trite reasons, like they held a shovel differently.

Maybe I'm conceited but when I meet someone who loves God I seem to know it. The least important thing is their religion. God is real. He knows who loves Him.

Wow, what a powerful witness.....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

39 minutes ago, markdohle said:

You are consorting with the DEAD

you didnt get what I said- I didnt talk to them-- I asked the Lord to talk to them

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

44 minutes ago, markdohle said:

Are you one of those Catholics

21 minutes ago, Davida said:

Davida--- sorry I summoned you-- lol- hit the wrong quote button

Markdohle---- no, thankfully no

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

7 minutes ago, JTC said:

Wow, I just learned what "Dark Night of the Soul" is about. No wonder I couldn't read much of it. I needed cheering up.

I can't stand these posts where people who think they're Christians spew their hatred at RCC's for the things they do that aren't Biblical. They don't realize they're being unbiblical themselves by spewing hatred.

I was never much of a Catholic because my father wasn't. I never found out why but he thought God was only for women and small children. However, my mother was a devout Catholic but more importantly she loved God.

Loving the Bible isn't the same thing as loving God. Understand? I know 2000 yrs ago people said they loved Jesus. And I'm sure they loved listening to Him, and watching Him feed thousands with next to nothing. They loved that man. But when He wasn't around I wonder how many refused to give crumbs to someone starving. Or how many hated other people for trite reasons, like they held a shovel differently.

Maybe I'm conceited but when I meet someone who loves God I seem to know it. The least important thing is their religion. God is real. He knows who loves Him.

Rejecting false teachings that is not included in the Bibles protestant use for scripture is not hatred.   I did not see where anyone spewed hatred, but is simply stating the facts that the protestant Bible does not include praying to the dead which is essentially purgatory.  It is a rcc teaching and evangelical christians do not subscribe to that teaching and the conversation is as such.    

11 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

you didnt get what I said- I didnt talk to them-- I asked the Lord to talk to them

I was joking my friend, I got you point.

15 hours ago, Davida said:

My deepest concern is this type of quick p.c. type  accusation of hatred is going to prevent us from contending for the Faith as we are implored to do and reaching out to those who are lured thru the Ecumenical Movement into the  unbiblical doctrines and practices of the Roman Catholic church.  

We don't agree on a whole lot Davida.  However, you are a woman (Davida seems to be the female version of David) of God and love God with your whole heart, mind, and soul.....of that I have no doubt.  I also believe that you speak from a place of charity and love for me and anyone else you disagree with.   I tease you from time to time because I like you and respect you.  So, as I said above somewhere, I will respect what Willa (?) said (a loving gentle soul), to not post like this anymore, something with a decided Catholic slant.  This is, after all, a non-catholic site.  I put myself in the position of being on a catholic site and someone with your beliefs started 'pushing' that slant.  It allowed me to understand how I can come across here without meaning to.    I am Catholic, Christian, I love the Lord and am not ashamed of my faith, nor care (in a gentle way) what others think of it.  Yet I need to respect those Christians here who have issues with my Catholic faith.  I don't need to explain etc.  However, my friend, I will speak as a catholic from time to tome.  I don't respond to post about my faith that I believe are childish or willfully ignornant......which could me most of them ;-)....so you won't here from me on that score much LOL. 

Peace

Mark

Double post, I did not do it seems to be a problem from the system here.

Edited by markdohle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

17 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Rejecting false teachings that is not included in the Bibles protestant use for scripture is not hatred.   I did not see where anyone spewed hatred, but is simply stating the facts that the protestant Bible does not include praying to the dead which is essentially purgatory.  It is a rcc teaching and evangelical christians do not subscribe to that teaching and the conversation is as such.    

I know the conversation isn't about that. I'm on a mission. I'm not alone but most people are thick headed. This is all started with me in circa 1990. I was reading books by a well known Born Again preacher. I was also lucky enough to go hear him several times. Before we were even in the church I had something happen that must have been the Holy Spirit. Everytime I went to hear that man the HS made Himself known to me. That's 1 reason I believe this preacher. In 1 vision the preacher was taken some where in the spirit. His body was on earth. He was shown a bunch of small rivers all flowing into a bigger one. (I've heard this else where too) The preacher was asked if he knew what he was seeing. He said no. (Btw, Jesus was with him in their spirits) The preacher was told the large river leads to heaven. All the small rivers are people coming to heaven that you don't think will because they aren't Christians. But they knew God in their lives. The preacher still didn't understand this and neither do I. At the same time, 1990, I was attending a Bible believing church. One of the few in my area. One Sunday the preacher became nervous and started pacing back and forth on the alter. He said God has been telling him something close to a year, at that point. He said I hesitate to tell all of you but God won't leave me alone about this. He then said the HS has made him understand many people who go to heaven won't be people you thought would. Some will even be from other religions. He then asked God to have mercy on him if he told us the wrong thing. I'm sure most of the congregation didn't even hear what he said. But me, I felt like the HS just hit me with a wake up dart. I kept hearing this and I kept getting told in my soul. I'm not your typical average person. But I am a sinner, although compared to 35 yrs ago I have made progress. I remember being told about Jesus from under 5, but what I was told didn't make enough sense. Then in the Cub Scouts I met many Jewish kids. First big problem. I asked my parents who was right, us or the Jews. Their answer made no sense. All my life God has been a big issue to me. Is that typical? None of my friends worried about it. They just believed what they were taught. Problem was everyone claimed to believe in 1 God but everyone hated whoever disagreed.

So I decided to read the Bible and prove they were all wrong. It took me 3 years to finish it and I still read it. A weird thing happened. The Bible seemed to come alive. (books can't come to life) Only true believers know what it means when a person said the Bible seemed to come alive. Are you still reading this? Do you trust me at all yet?

I said I have a mission. I'm trying to make people understand their religion doesn't mean anything to God if they don't obey Him. Obey means what you do, both physically and in your emotions. A typical Christian might talk to another man at work and become good friends. Then the man says he's a JW. Now you hate him. Why, because he believes something different from you? Yes. Well, you are wrong. If that man obeys God and you can see that, then what he believes doesn't matter much. 

I am well aware that most of what the RCC does is not in line with the Bible. It bothers me too. But if the Catholic demonstrates a love of God that's what matters to God. Remember, as far as God is concerned we're all filthy rags. None of us is worth anything unless we take what God says to heart. I've been reading the Bible some 35 yrs and some parts still don't make sense. This is why the RCC doesn't want the average Joe reading it. 

Let's boil it down to where anyone can understand what's important. Jesus said this, not me. Love everyone you meet. Feed the hungry, clothe those wearing rags, put a roof over the head of a homeless person, and be slow to speak and quick to listen.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

4 hours ago, JTC said:

I've been reading the Bible some 35 yrs and some parts still don't make sense. This is why the RCC doesn't want the average Joe reading it. 

Maybe some others may have a different answer as to why the rcc doesn't want men to read the Bible. Would someone please answer this.  

JTC, the bible is a book yes, but it contains spiritual things that calls for spiritual discernment which you have to seek the Lord, pray, and seek the Holy Spirit guidance and help.  I agree, some parts are quite challenging and that's one of the reason we are gathered here also. Iron sharpens iron.   God also has given men gifts of teaching and preaching to help us along the way  too.  

2 Timothy 2King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.