IGNORED

If you have nothing nice to say - Don't say it!

HisFirst

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  3

Firstly, I'm not talking about here on Worthy, although it would be applicable in any scenario.

My question is : Is this hypocritical?

Aren't we to tell the truth?

God know's what we are thinking - yes, I know we need tact, but sometimes the truth isn't nice but needs to be said.

Sometimes silence comes across as agreement to something you totally do not agree with.

Am I making sense?

I am having a bit of an issue with this, as I always seem to have to keep my mouth shut but I want to speak also but know the other person will either get upset or not speak for awhile........

John 1 vv46,47

And Nathanael said to him, “Can anything good come out of Nazareth?”

*Jesus actually praised Nathanael for his honesty even though the comment was negative.

Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him and said to him, "Behold an Israelite indeed , in whom is no deceit!"

Edited by HisFirst

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

Well this is the TOS on Worthy.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

The use of profanity will not be tolerated. This includes sexually explicit, vulgar, or other profane language or usernames as well as any any signs or symbols that suggests such. Do not post sexually explicit, vulgar or offensive website addresses (URL's) to the forum. (Eph. 4: 29)

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster.

Exposing false doctrine is something that must be done on a Christian message board so that is not included.

Thanks MM,

Its more the response of the other person in my case.

Do I withhold to keep the peace?

Or just be flat out honest knowing I'll rock the boat?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Thanks MM,

Its more the response of the other person in my case.

Do I withhold to keep the peace?

Or just be flat out honest knowing I'll rock the boat?

Whenever possible answer with grace. Pray before you answer :)

Just now, missmuffet said:

Whenever possible answer with grace. Pray before you answer :)

I'm the one always keeping my mouth zipped for sake of harmony but I'm getting tired of it.

I want to express my opposite opinion without getting silence, the comment completely ignored or not being spoken to for a month.

Most case it's as if I never spoke and conversation continues on something completely different.

Edited by HisFirst

Just now, Yowm said:

Sometimes truth can be a bit brutal. I don't know, maybe John said this with a smile :)

But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bear fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not presume to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father,' for I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children for Abraham. Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. "I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire."
(Mat 3:7-12)

Thanks Yowm ....but:)

John was on assignment from God and could afford to speak in those terms.

I'm little old me.

I hate hurting feelings but I feel I've had enough of being "nice" for the sake of peace - because I end up not in peace personally.

Edited by HisFirst

*Yowm and MM,:wub:

I'm trying to give you guys reps but my daily limit is up:)

I appreciate your answers to me.

Just now, Yowm said:

Good point, perhaps if those who 'were on assignment from God' did so,  e.g. today's preachers, we wouldn't feel we had to take up the slack caused by the dropped ball. In any case we are to 'speak the truth in love'.

I want to stress that this is nothing to do with Worthy community :)

Speaking truth in love may have to come in the form of being direct, at the risk of being "cut off".

It's a big call for me.

Edited by HisFirst

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,271
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

Tit 3:2  to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men.

Jas 3:17  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

I agree with MissMuffet:  Pray first.  Ask God to give you the right spirit and the right words.

Just now, Willa said:

Tit 3:2  to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men.

Jas 3:17  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

I agree with MissMuffet:  Pray first.  Ask God to give you the right spirit and the right words.

Thank you Willa,

When Jesus spoke to the rich young ruler, it says Mark 10 v 21:

KJV
Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

*Jesus spoke in love and we know the ruler turned away sad( because of his wealth).

Sometimes speaking in love does not get you the response you would think but at least its the truth.

I guess I'm just a big scaredy cat because I shut my mouth instead!