Heavenunlimited

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Can I ask why the OP posted this topic? Is this an issue they are struggling with?  Or was it just posted to get a debate going? Either way is fine. But if a person is looking for an answer to an issue they are struggling with, I answer that differently then I would a debate topic.  God guides us onto the path we calls us too. Therefor when it comes to somethings in life we encounter in this world that seem foggy on being right or wrong to do; we need to seek God and his direction.  So before I jump any further into this topic. I would like to know the reason for it. So I can know just how to approach it or even if I want to approach it. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, Giller said:

It seems that people just do not care, which shows were there heart is.

People who can blatantly say that they can observe something that is pagan, and know it, do not really care about the things of God.

It's not really a matter of observing something, but rather a heart matter.  Yes, there are all the hoop la la that goes with the physical aspect of the season, but it is what you hold in your heart about that time and a matter of fact all the time.  It is rather a symbolic celebration of the gift of the Lord Jesus to mankind.   I myself does not pay too much attention to the dressing up and manicures of the home ect,  but do give thanks that Christ was born on some day, if not on the day man has chosen.  Some people has genuine joy in their hearts of the season and laughter is good for the health.    People has kids and they dare not miss celebrating that occasion, so i see nothing wrong in those who take the time off to celebrate the greatest gift to mankind.  It's all in the heart and that's where the Lord looks for your worship.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

15 minutes ago, Giller said:

It seems that people just do not care, which shows were there heart is.

I really don't think you should just say people don't care and that you know where their hearts are. That is rather judgmental I think. Not everyone thinks or see things as you do. Would you say that I do not care and you known where my heart is because I put a Christmas tree up this past Christmas? Like everything in my life I follow the  guidance of God and the Holy Spirit. And God did not tell me to take down my tree. So be careful how you look at other people. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

Christmas is celebrated all over the world with families so poor they can hardly feed themselves, let alone buy these trinkets and bobbles that tradition has determined we can't live without. Being festive is a thing of the heart and soul, not of sparkle and glitter.

What we do in honoring our Lord ans Savior is not of this world and It Is to love him and keep his commandments. We can celebrate his birth by celebrating his birth, his life here on Earth and his death and rebirth in our daily lives  in the joy of sharing his joy with others and letting them know where it came from.

I think the world is senses the coming of the end times and that is why it is filled with so much anger and strife and I am sure there are multitudes of people who yearn for their own joy and if we show them a little taste of ours they will thirst for more. We can show them the beginning of the same thin path that leads to God as we walk and bring them into Christs fold.

Do we need the trappings of the world and the pagan traditions that have brought us all these objects that we have been shamed into having by the manipulation of advertising. Are these not equivalent to the money changers whose table Christ overturned in the temple? I think so and as such we should not indulge ourselves in because what has brought God into our life was not purchased by money, but by love and obedience to him and that has no price tag that he has placed on it. The world may have a price tag on being a Christan but then again, what God has to offer is everlasting and what they have is only temporary.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

I ask, because while away from The Lord, I celebrated although not big but with alot of deco. I missed what was in my childhood where I had the perfect celebrations. But it can never be just like. Now God is leading me out of those celebrations. Hes advicing strongly against and its not as long as your intent is right, hes saying. I wish He did but He doesnt. He KEEPS point me to the heathenism in it.  But its not just that I ask I wanted debate it too.  

I wonder though, if the Lord I hear say one thing, and the Lord others hear doesnt, whos right?

I wont judge though but still The Lord I think talks against what we know to be pagan or so forth. Sure we cant know everything. But if we do? And we do it? What will we say to The Lord?  What will He say to our knowing and then doing?

If you worship something that is in pagan ways, then it is contrary to what God says.  The word observe can be replaced with worship in this instance here as it is in reference to an object which is christmas.  It is all what your opinion of christmas is all about.  No one forces anyone to buy anything or do anything.  It is from your heart you will and do as jester of good will and peace to mankind .  It is not a deliberate act on the part of christians to put up a chistmas tree and, put gifts around it and say here this is our worship of gold and silver.  If you formulate those thoughts in your heart about the season, then you have to rethink your theology.    

Families get together and have a merry time, rest is had and for the christian it is a good thing.  The secular celebrate the season with the commercial aspects of giving and expected receiving of material things , with food, drink and the rest, without the thought of God who sent his son into the world. That is a major difference and cannot be compared with those who enjoy a season of greeting one another, eating and drinking and all with Christ as the center of it all. The good Lord has given us those traits that if we give thanks to him for his blessings and our welfare, why not enjoy his gifts to us.  

Just as a side note here.  I myself is not into the celebrations as such, but if christians who know who their savior is and worships him from thier heart, these holidays will not have spiritual effects on their relationship with God. After all, they are not sacrificing to Baal.

I used to try think that way.. But why does The Lord call me out of it. (Didnt do more than you say there) He also point me to how He is disgusted with heathenism.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

2 hours ago, Giller said:

Well it is like this, someone says something is pagan and they say I will observe it anyway, and God says to not learn the ways of the heathen, or be conformed to this world.

Which one will you heed to, God's word, or man's word, God's word or man's traditions?

See a lot of the arguments is not about whether it pleases God or not, but rather if it pleases one self or not, let us be honest.

To say that you will observe something that is pagan anyways, is contrary to what God says.

So if one is called judgmental for showing what God says about things, that is really sad.

Now it will be between you and God the decisions you make, but let us be careful to actually listen to God's word, rather than just defend ourselves, without a biblical stance.

If you want to willingly celebrate something pagan that is up to you, but I want to fear the Lord.

Love Gilles

AGREED!!! Being called judgmental is being judged, which is part and parcel of the hypocrisy of this world. Those who call us judgemental do so from a position the world has placed them on and it is with it's authority that they judge us for the standards we hold. Being judgemental was the first salvo in the politically correct onslaught that the world has fired against us and by the grace of God, it's effects have only been minuscule and temporary.  It was, I think a test that would temper the steel of those who are Christian in this country.

I really don't think it is sad that the blind is trying to blind others with the blindness they have embraced. It would be a sad thing if they succeed in doing so and and even sadder thing if they refuse to allow their own eyes to be opened.

I think it is right to say that much of what has come down through tradition into our Christian lives was put in there by the influences of misguided individuals of authority who tried to confiscate pagan festivals and give them a Christian meaning.  I would see why such things have past the test of time within our community, because the way it was done was by subterfuge and that is not of God, but of man.  I think God ignores the practice of Christmas because of this very thing as well as the celebration of Easter, which incorporates pagan imagery  of rebirth through the Easter Egg and the Easter Bunny.

Why would God place a blessing on something that began in the shadows instead of the light of his majesty? I think this is why he has allowed it to become such a materialist spectacle. Have you ever seen the you tubes of Black Friday at any Walmart store? It's Pauling.

Edited by Churchmouse

30 minutes ago, Heavenunlimited said:

I used to try think that way.. But why does The Lord call me out of it. (Didnt do more than you say there) He also point me to how He is disgusted with heathenism.

So what was the method he used to point and call you out,also the pointing out of what he is disgusted with. ?