• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1972

Any of you use any of these services instead of traditional corporate health care?  

I'm about fed up with health care companies, and my company I work for is being merged and our heath care provider is changing to something that isn't as good, and the old benefits really werent that good to begin with.

It looks like you would still need to get a supplemental prescription discount card somehow with any of these plans, but other than that I can see the benfits.

www.samaritanministries.org

www.chministries.org

www.mychristiancare.org

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

A very good question. I've not heard of those share plans. I have heard of MediShare. I haven't researched it beyond hearing about it on Christian talk radio. 

I found this as a review: http/christianpf.com/christian-health-insurance-alternative/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

These choices may turn out to be the best idea for being insured than any other insurance today, or what may become the new revised healthcare act coming out of Washington.  Something to remember and keep in mind.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 2/11/2017 at 9:46 AM, Big Time said:

Any of you use any of these services instead of traditional corporate health care?  

I'm about fed up with health care companies, and my company I work for is being merged and our heath care provider is changing to something that isn't as good, and the old benefits really werent that good to begin with.

It looks like you would still need to get a supplemental prescription discount card somehow with any of these plans, but other than that I can see the benfits.

www.samaritanministries.org

www.chministries.org

www.mychristiancare.org

Here is what  I am familiar with though I have neither plan.

Samaritan Ministries and also Medishare have been working to the high satisfaction of those in our Local body of Christ that use either of them as their Health cost sharing system

Our own history is  the locl body  could no longer afford group health insurance leaving some 70  of us without coverage. I am old enough to be able to select  from the arry  of medicare and medicare advantage programs, did so, and it hasn't been working out well at all. 

Most of our pastors went with Medishare, I know of two families that have had each of the two sharing programs I mentioned and they  give rave reviews when asked. One is a financial adviser and the over a real estate mortgage broker. One had a nasty cancer, all of his medical costs were covered by the sharing members sending checks directly to him.

My own insurance nightmare started when I ended up with two polices at the same time. I took a back up policy  from Aetna a Medicare Advantage Plan to go along with my Group health from United Health care, well the group policy ended Nov and the other was not continued by the insurance company ending coverage Dec 31. I signed up for another Medicare Advantage  plan with Aetna to start Jan 1.  

Now Social Security shows I have multiple Insurance providers and none are authorized to pay anything. I have had to buy  for cash  my prescriptions and put off any treatment until the mess  slowly grinds to a satisfactory result- that being I have only one policy and it pays. What a mess it has been. Plus I now find the group health provider  is thinking it is still covering the group, and is messing up the works for most everyone. I'm still getting their  reminders to tend to this that  or another thing regarding general health. I think I now have it  so that my Aetna policy is paying as of this week , but so far they are not recognizing  bills from January as being under their policy. Perhaps the group health plan  provider now recognizes it is no longer my carrier- It seems to be like one of those book of the month subscriptions where one is automatically continued  into a new contract unless there is a positive affirmation that  the plan is no longer wanted.

From what I can see so far this Medicare Advantage stuff is not to my advantage at all. Might as well have  just taken Medicare and a supplemental policy.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

My wife switched to one after we had to drop her from mine. She just had her gall bladder out, and had a bit of an argument with them about whether or not they would cover it...but in the end they did pay for it, and was worth the money.