IGNORED

Schizophrenic? Been delivered??? Healed ??

FresnoJoe,

Thanks for the great post. There is a years' worth of sermon material contained therein.

1 Peter 1:17-19 - Awesome words of encouragement, knowing that we are redeemed with that precious blood - ALWAYS - not sometimes. Thank God that all the promises in Him as "Yes and Amen."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

5 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Yes, but we aren't sure what it was that was Paul's thorn in the flesh.  I believe we should still seek and believe for healing.  I think that in most cases, it is God's will to heal.  The mind is a complicated area... it involves the will and a lot is our choosing to seek and know the Lord's truth to replace the lies (mind renewal, in the Word of God).  And then also there is spiritual warfare involved... plus, many times, a need for physical healing.

When it comes to Schizophrenia, it could be a mixture of things going on.  I've known cases of MPD/DID that were misdiagnosed as Schizophrenia.  And then there is another possibility, and that is high tech harassment.  (EMF, voice to skull)  It is more prevalent than most people realize.  That is not to say that Schizophrenia isn't a real condition. 

True enough but I don't see a lot of christians being healed.I don't think it is God's will most time.He can heal anytime he wants to. We are still in the age of sin and death. 

3 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

True enough but I don't see a lot of christians being healed.

I am so glad you brought that up.

There is a good reason for that. Most Christians do not understand, and do not know how to believe and pray the prayer of faith. And that is, because most churches do not teach it today. So far the church has fallen, into this defeated mindset. As children of the King, we have been given specific instructions on how prayer, faith and belief works. Most of us, myself included, have probably read the Bible "several times over", have sat through sermons for years...and have missed it.

Jesus clearly outlined in the Gospels, in quite a few places how to pray...and we have His example as well. Take note that He NEVER looked to heaven and begged the Father to heal a person. When He instructed the disciples, He gave them power and authority, in His name, for them to COMMAND the sickness, disease, whatever the ailment, to line up and obey the command. There are some awesome teachings on youtube, Curry Blake's DHT series is one that can explain this much more eloquently than I, in better detail.

Oh, my prayer is that the church gets ahold of this teaching, that we return to a mighty Christian army where we move in this power and authority, putting the enemy in his place. We are modern day apostles, children of the Kingdom, it is our heritage to walk in this power. It is ALWAYS God's will. In Acts 3, for example, Peter did not beg and plead with God for the lame man - rather, Peter spoke the word, just as Jesus had instructed, and the lame man was healed!

Many places in verse, Jesus has instructed us to do the same. It has not ceased with the last of the apostles. There is no evidence in scripture for that. I've seen and experienced too many miracles "in the name of Jesus" to believe any other way. Thank God we serve a God that is the same yesterday, today and forever, and in Him there is no shadow of turning. 

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Greetings “Solomons Porch”,

On ‎2‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:57 AM, SOLOMONS PORCH said:

I hope I am posting this in the right area, if not I apologize not sure where to post. I am working with someone trying to help them and they have been diagnosed with schizophrenia. The voices tell him hes going to hell and he is going to die this saturday. He has been on meds for 7 yrs and it hasnt helped. He said (the meds)  it only keeps them from being "not as mean". This voice tells him how much it hates the Jews and calls him Hitler, tells him that he is worthless and going to hell. The voice tells him there is a coffin under the house and constantly drives him crazy trying to make him go dig under the house, it keeps telling him this is just a game. It prevents him from praying and he feels he cant be saved. I am asking for testimonies of those of you that may have been healed and or delivered from this and if you could tell me as to how it came about. Im looking for deeper answers for him, any suggestions or experiences you could share would be great. Thank you 

I can only give a few thoughts based upon my own experience. I have been admitted to a mental hospital on two occasions but possibly my condition was and is different to your friend. There is a whole range of different mental disorders, and although I was diagnosed at the time as a paranoid schizophrenic, most of my disorder dissipated after my confinements. They were still there in a reduced form before and after, and even now after another 35 years they still persist if allowed to feed upon themselves.

Firstly as far as medication is concerned, I was given some medication after the second visit, but this was mainly to reduce mental activity, and it made me slow, dull, lethargic and nauseated and I weaned myself off these. On the other hand I have taken the responsibility to admit a close relative to hospital on five occasions, and apparently each time was when he went off his medication. It appears that he will need this medication for life, but this is modern medication that seems to be much more effective. I will leave this in the hands of the experts and his doctor.

For my own part I consider I maintain my mental health by regular physical activity, proper and consistent sleep and occupying my mind with general interest and Biblical considerations. I was also blessed in being able to maintain steady, consistent and interesting work until retirement. In the midst of my disorders I gradually learnt to rely on some Scriptures and some encouraging hymns, and these are comforts to me even now when pressures arise. These may not mean much to the casual reader, but Psalms 34, 42-43, Matthew 11:25-30 developed comfort and rest and calm my thoughts to this day. I continue to add additional Scripture for meditation and edification such as Psalm 8 and Isaiah 6, and seek to get the most out of our Bible Classes by considering the subject before and after the meetings, such as the last class, Isaiah 35.

Also in the many years I have sought replacement therapy, where thoughts and actions which I am aware as being bad or inadequate are replaced over some extensive period by edifying thoughts and actions after the examples given by Paul in Ephesians 4:20-32. These thoughts gradually replace the bad patterns of thoughts and actions as illustrated in the interesting example in v28.

I hope you may be able to help your friend to gradually improve as we wait for our Lord to return to fulfil Isaiah 35 with all its blessings, words that encouraged John the Baptist in his hour of trial.

Kind regards

Trevor

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/31/1972

On 3/1/2017 at 10:47 PM, missmuffet said:

Schizophrenia is a very serious mental illness. It has nothing to do with a person being possessed or the spiritual world. Hallucinations are very common with Schizophrenia. Verbal and visual. The voices are only neurological.The voices are usually very negative.  It is not a real person telling them these things.These voices are coming from their brain. Many times paranoia comes with Schizophrenia.  A person with Schizophrenia needs very close watching by a Psychiatrist. Sometimes meds need to be changed if the ones that person is  taking are not helping. God loves this person. If this person will only ask Jesus Christ into their life and ask God to give them an inner peace and to help them with this serious mental illness God will be with this person during the terrible times they are going through.This person can be saved. God will not necessarily heal that person. That is up to God. But the person will have the satisfaction of knowing God will comfort them if they will let Him. This illness can not be delivered out of the person.

This is a good website for information .

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/schizophrenia/index.shtml

Not to argue with you at all. But it is demonic, there have been 2 delivered just in one week and I am Praising God for this!!! I could go into detail but I know it would probably do no good. Thanks for the input. God Bless !!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, SOLOMONS PORCH said:

Not to argue with you at all. But it is demonic, there have been 2 delivered just in one week and I am Praising God for this!!! I could go into detail but I know it would probably do no good. Thanks for the input. God Bless !!!

Not to argue with you but if a person genuinely has Schizophrenia it is not demonic. It is a mental illness.Our brains have have illnesses just as the other parts of our bodies have illnesses such as diabetes, liver disorders etc. Healing comes from Jesus Christ only.  I do not believe in deliverance and this is why.

Question: "What does the Bible say about deliverance?"

Answer:
Deliverance is defined as “a rescue from bondage or danger.” Deliverance in the Bible is the acts of God whereby He rescues His people from peril. In the Old Testament, deliverance is focused primarily on God’s removal of those who are in the midst of trouble or danger. He rescues His people from their enemies (1 Samuel 17:37; 2 Kings 20:6), and from the hand of the wicked (Psalm 7:2; 17:13; 18:16-19; 59:2). He preserves them from famine (Psalm 33:19), death (Psalm 22:19-21), and the grave (Psalm 56:13; 86:13; Hosea 13:14). The most striking example of deliverance is the exodus from Egypt (Exodus 3:8; 6:6; 8:10). Here is God defined as the Deliverer of Israel who rescues His people, not because they deserve to be rescued, but as an expression of His mercy and love (Psalm 51:1; 71:2; 86:13).

In the New Testament, God is always the subject—and His people are always the object—of deliverance. The descriptions of temporal deliverance in the Old Testament serve as symbolic representations of the spiritual deliverance from sin which is available only through Christ. He offers deliverance from mankind’s greatest peril—sin, evil, death and judgment. By God’s power, believers are delivered from this present evil age (Galatians 1:4) and from the power of Satan’s reign (Colossians 1:13). All aspects of deliverance are available only through the person and work of Jesus Christ, who was Himself delivered up for us (Romans 4:25) so that we would be delivered from eternal punishment for sin. Only Jesus rescues us from the “wrath to come” (1 Thessalonians 1:10).

Another aspect of deliverance concerns the temporal. While believers are delivered once for all time from eternal punishment, we are also delivered from the trials of this life (2 Peter 2:9). Sometimes that deliverance is God simply walking through the trials by our side, comforting and encouraging us through them as He uses them to mature us in the faith. Paul assured the Corinthian believers that “no temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it” (1 Corinthians 10:13). In these cases, rescue is not immediate, but in due time, after patience has had its perfect work (James 1:2-4, 12). God makes the way of escape simultaneously with the temptation which, in His perfect will and timing, He permissively arranges or allows for His people.

Deliverance is often sought from evil spirits or the spirit of lust, jealousy, etc. It’s important to understand that, as believers, we already have eternal victory over Satan and demons. But we can be delivered from their influence in our lives by using two weapons God has given us as part of our spiritual armor with which we battle “against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians 6:12-17). The believer defends himself with the shield of faith and uses the offensive weapon of the Word of God. Against these two, no spirit can prevail. By holding up the shield of faith, we extinguish the flaming spiritual arrows they send against us, arrows of lust, doubt, guilt, jealousy, evil speech, and all manner of temptations. With the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, we overcome the evil one by proving his temptations to be lies because he is the father of lies (John 8:44). John’s second letter commends the young Christians whose spiritual strength came from the Word of God living in them. By the offensive weapon of the Truth, we overcome the evil one (1 John 2:14).

Deliverance from sin, rescue from trials, and escape from the influence of a world in the control of the evil one come only through Christ, the Son of God who has come and “has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true—even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life” (1 John 5:19-20).

https://www.gotquestions.org/deliverance.html

12 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Not to argue with you but if a person genuinely has Schizophrenia it is not demonic. It is a mental illness.Our brains have have illnesses just as the other parts of our bodies have illnesses such as diabetes, liver disorders etc. Healing comes from Jesus Christ only.  I do not believe in deliverance and this is why.

Question: "What does the Bible say about deliverance?"

Answer:
Deliverance is defined as “a rescue from bondage or danger.” Deliverance in the Bible is the acts of God whereby He rescues His people from peril. In the Old Testament, deliverance is focused primarily on God’s removal of those who are in the midst of trouble or danger. He rescues His people from their enemies (1 Samuel 17:37; 2 Kings 20:6), and from the hand of the wicked (Psalm 7:2; 17:13; 18:16-19; 59:2). He preserves them from famine (Psalm 33:19), death (Psalm 22:19-21), and the grave (Psalm 56:13; 86:13; Hosea 13:14). The most striking example of deliverance is the exodus from Egypt (Exodus 3:8; 6:6; 8:10). Here is God defined as the Deliverer of Israel who rescues His people, not because they deserve to be rescued, but as an expression of His mercy and love (Psalm 51:1; 71:2; 86:13).

In the New Testament, God is always the subject—and His people are always the object—of deliverance. The descriptions of temporal deliverance in the Old Testament serve as symbolic representations of the spiritual deliverance from sin which is available only through Christ. He offers deliverance from mankind’s greatest peril—sin, evil, death and judgment. By God’s power, believers are delivered from this present evil age (Galatians 1:4) and from the power of Satan’s reign (Colossians 1:13). All aspects of deliverance are available only through the person and work of Jesus Christ, who was Himself delivered up for us (Romans 4:25) so that we would be delivered from eternal punishment for sin. Only Jesus rescues us from the “wrath to come” (1 Thessalonians 1:10).

Another aspect of deliverance concerns the temporal. While believers are delivered once for all time from eternal punishment, we are also delivered from the trials of this life (2 Peter 2:9). Sometimes that deliverance is God simply walking through the trials by our side, comforting and encouraging us through them as He uses them to mature us in the faith. Paul assured the Corinthian believers that “no temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it” (1 Corinthians 10:13). In these cases, rescue is not immediate, but in due time, after patience has had its perfect work (James 1:2-4, 12). God makes the way of escape simultaneously with the temptation which, in His perfect will and timing, He permissively arranges or allows for His people.

Deliverance is often sought from evil spirits or the spirit of lust, jealousy, etc. It’s important to understand that, as believers, we already have eternal victory over Satan and demons. But we can be delivered from their influence in our lives by using two weapons God has given us as part of our spiritual armor with which we battle “against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians 6:12-17). The believer defends himself with the shield of faith and uses the offensive weapon of the Word of God. Against these two, no spirit can prevail. By holding up the shield of faith, we extinguish the flaming spiritual arrows they send against us, arrows of lust, doubt, guilt, jealousy, evil speech, and all manner of temptations. With the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, we overcome the evil one by proving his temptations to be lies because he is the father of lies (John 8:44). John’s second letter commends the young Christians whose spiritual strength came from the Word of God living in them. By the offensive weapon of the Truth, we overcome the evil one (1 John 2:14).

Deliverance from sin, rescue from trials, and escape from the influence of a world in the control of the evil one come only through Christ, the Son of God who has come and “has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true—even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life” (1 John 5:19-20).

https://www.gotquestions.org/deliverance.html

Im sorry you do not believe I respect your opinion. Thank you

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

On 3/1/2017 at 8:57 AM, SOLOMONS PORCH said:

and he feels he cant be saved.

you can try and show or tell him what the Word says in roman 10:9 and 10:10

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 
Rom 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 

and maybe explain what Faith is. Hebrews 11:1

Heb 11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 

Did he say he ever believed in the Lord truly (got saved)before? I just ask that to see if maybe he has back slidden...If thats the case i would suggest for him to repent and seek the Word more.

Joh 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 

Praying for him now

9 hours ago, shanee said:

you can try and show or tell him what the Word says in roman 10:9 and 10:10

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 
Rom 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 

and maybe explain what Faith is. Hebrews 11:1

Heb 11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 

Did he say he ever believed in the Lord truly (got saved)before? I just ask that to see if maybe he has back slidden...If thats the case i would suggest for him to repent and seek the Word more.

Joh 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 

Praying for him now

Hi thank you for the reply, I am in the deliverance ministry and counsel as well. Its Gods choice not mine , but I am fine with it.  Im afraid that the guy I was asking about has packed up and ran, it was difficult to talk with him, because his fear level was so high. I pray that he is ok, because he said that satan told him he would die yesterday March 4th and I havent heard anymore from him. Its very sad, so thats why I dont waste my time arguing with people that think its not demonic when it is plainly clear it is.  Im trying to save lives and not argue with others, ya know?? So thank u so much for your advice and prayers, God bless you !!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

On 3/2/2017 at 3:30 AM, JesusGivesLifeMeaning said:

I know a lot of churches these days do teach a flawed understanding in regards to healing; I attended churches like that in the past myself, before I realized what the Word says about healing and the power and authority that we as children of the King walk in.

I can understand to some extent, that a layperson, or young Christian possibly cannot understand these truths, may not have discovered them yet, but "shame on Pastors" who have the time to delve into the Word, attend seminary, are called to the ministry and yet continue to teach a defeated doctrine in regards to healing, and really a defeated mindset in many areas of victory;  our heritage as saints. There is so much that can be said about this subject, not the time or space here to do it in, and I do not want to hijack the thread any further. :b:

God Bless, and BE HEALED!

Amen!

Praying for the freedom that only Jesus can bring. He came to set the captives free! Praying for your friend that God would protect and keep in Jesus name!