• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Nope.

Besides, didn't you ever watch MASH?  There was one episode where (Catholic) Father Mulcahy had to assume the duties of a rabbi for a Jewish soldier.  And there's no source more accurate when it comes to military life than MASH, right?

Blessings,

-Ed

MASH is the real deal!  :P  

It very well might be the best show that has ever been on TV, period

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

3 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

MASH is the real deal!  :P  

It very well might be the best show that has ever been on TV, period

Knowing what we do now of what a groundbreaking show it was, it's hard to believe it was almost cancelled in its first season due to low ratings.  It certainly was 'black comedy' - people surviving and even finding humor at times in the midst of the horrors of war.

As an aside, I used to enjoy watching it with my wife, who's a PA.  She would always critique some of the medical procedures they were doing.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Knowing what we do now of what a groundbreaking show it was, it's hard to believe it was almost cancelled in its first season due to low ratings.  It certainly was 'black comedy' - people surviving and even finding humor at times in the midst of the horrors of war.

As an aside, I used to enjoy watching it with my wife, who's a PA.  She would always critique some of the medical procedures they were doing.

Blessings,

-Ed

It did take a while to get its footing, but what a show!  They do not make them like that any more.

When I first got out of the Corps I was the same way at military movies.  It still drives me crazy when I see a Claymore take out the side of building in a burst of flames.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

This is a very wrong decision on the part of the Army in America what with what transpired in Canada and their Muslim military chaplain. He gave a lecture citing the Qur'anic verses that speak to the appropriateness of beating one's wife. 

I don't know why America's government officials don't take the examples of failed experiments or programs in other countries as a lesson of what not to do in America. This is a very sad story for America's Army. God be with all enlisted Christians there.