IGNORED

Is it a disadvantage to marry a mummy's boy?

HisFirst

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Several minutes ago I read a post in a Chinese forum ,a man said that if my wife can not give me a son/sons,I will kick she out of the family(oh Sarah,y are in danger),

and another man said that if my wife do give me son but do not show high respect to my mother and do not obey my mother, I will kick she out of the family

and some ladies answered them:hei, wake up ,this is not in Middle Ages,we have our own salary.

And last night ,I read a post said that the women who condemning the men of her motherland,she should be judged as the betrayer of her motherland

Thks GOD shows me so many samples to observe the people without GOD

Edited by silviawang

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

The moderator would like to see more on topic posts here......so a quick answer is if you like to see a few of our opinions in the USA, regarding, Trump for example, look at the category called "Controversial Issues".

You can either begin a thread with your question there or just read what people are stating.

One example:

"Is Trump a Mason or not?" is a thread there.

A view of our election system:

"Is our Election System Rigged?"

A second area of the forum to research is under US News/politics

"Please Read - Donald J. Trump - Important!!!" is a thread there, for example.

thks so much 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

On 13/03/2017 at 4:38 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings His First

Well,every Italian guy I ever knew was/is a "Mamas boy"I see it as a good thing as they do treat their wives with as much respect as they do mama(in what I've seen/know)   The mama knows her place as a woman,mother & will protect her children like a lioness with her cubs and usually she will pass on her wisdom to her "new daughter".......I know how the Americans think of a "mommas boy" & it seems to have a negative implication.......kind of like  hanging on his mothers apron strings.......personally,I've always paid close attention to family units,if there is mutual respect in the home with much love then its a good measuring cup for starters.....I would assume we are already talking about Christians,right?                                                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

Hi Kwik!

You bring up very good points. Mums boys definitely has a negative connotation to it in Western society.

In past history, extended family lived together, I do think this is probably where "mummy's boys" probably has its roots - did they live in the family home until parents had passed and  the home became theirs (eldest son) and thereby the son stepped up to his position of authority?

But a respectful/loving son to his mother is always a positive sign to a future wife.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Hi Sis!!!!

It seems with westerners that when the sons come of age they move out on their own,away from immediate family-EXCEPT for the "mummy's boy" and that seems to be another contributing factor of the negative connotations......it gives most folks the impression that the fellow is not pulling his own weight in the house,not contributing to lessen the load for the parents,lazy,insecure & living the life of "Riley",a fee loader    (showing my age,huh?)

I believe you are asking my opinion or my perspective of the typical "Italian " family?  I think it depends on whether or not the patriarch is living &/or able to support and maintain the home/family     For example,if the father is elderly & no longer able bodied or perhaps even incompetant then there is no way a son would "leave",yes they would stand in the place of the "head of household passed on......usually a "son" would bring  "mama" to live in his home with daughter in law.....Italian children (traditionally)would never leave anyone in the family to fend for themselves.....It is the custom to care for the elders when they can longer care for themselves......Most Italians have a couple/few kids v& it is usually a shared responsibility   Its funny how this is very common amongst Italians ,so much so that when they build their homes they have what is called "mother in law" apts attached to the main house5,like an efficiency or lil one bedroom apartment......lol      

I don't think this is true for the majority of the typical 3rd& 4th generation "Americans"....or perhaps the majority of western civilization.....from what I have seen the kids get married & don't have much respect for their parents......Oh ,most will probably make some kind of "arrangements",Either assisted living facilities or care givers but they don't seem to remember w4ho brought them into this w4orld,changed their diapers,fed & clothed them intil they could stand on their own? "What is the American saying? A son is a son til he takes a wife,a daughter is a daughter for the rest of your life"    Sounds like the opposite of a mummys boy,doesnt it?

It would be interesting to take surveys.....all I can go by is what I have seen & my lifes experience,that certainly does not apply to an entire Nation or country    

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

I just thought of this. Is this even in the right section? Should it be in advice forums? 

17 hours ago, Jewels7 said:

I just thought of this. Is this even in the right section? Should it be in advice forums? 

I posted it for discussion and thought rather than advice :)

19 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Hi Sis!!!!

It seems with westerners that when the sons come of age they move out on their own,away from immediate family-EXCEPT for the "mummy's boy" and that seems to be another contributing factor of the negative connotations......it gives most folks the impression that the fellow is not pulling his own weight in the house,not contributing to lessen the load for the parents,lazy,insecure & living the life of "Riley",a fee loader    (showing my age,huh?)

I believe you are asking my opinion or my perspective of the typical "Italian " family?  I think it depends on whether or not the patriarch is living &/or able to support and maintain the home/family     For example,if the father is elderly & no longer able bodied or perhaps even incompetant then there is no way a son would "leave",yes they would stand in the place of the "head of household passed on......usually a "son" would bring  "mama" to live in his home with daughter in law.....Italian children (traditionally)would never leave anyone in the family to fend for themselves.....It is the custom to care for the elders when they can longer care for themselves......Most Italians have a couple/few kids v& it is usually a shared responsibility   Its funny how this is very common amongst Italians ,so much so that when they build their homes they have what is called "mother in law" apts attached to the main house5,like an efficiency or lil one bedroom apartment......lol      

I don't think this is true for the majority of the typical 3rd& 4th generation "Americans"....or perhaps the majority of western civilization.....from what I have seen the kids get married & don't have much respect for their parents......Oh ,most will probably make some kind of "arrangements",Either assisted living facilities or care givers but they don't seem to remember w4ho brought them into this w4orld,changed their diapers,fed & clothed them intil they could stand on their own? "What is the American saying? A son is a son til he takes a wife,a daughter is a daughter for the rest of your life"    Sounds like the opposite of a mummys boy,doesnt it?

It would be interesting to take surveys.....all I can go by is what I have seen & my lifes experience,that certainly does not apply to an entire Nation or country    

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Thanks Kwik, for your detailed response - very interesting:)

There's a trend in Australia to house parents or widowed parent in a Granny flat at  the back of the house. A self contained dwelling area for the elderly parents.

Edited by HisFirst

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sis

Oh wow,just the same as the "mother in law apt" .....Praise Jesus

Exodus 20:12King James Version (KJV)

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

With love-in Christ,Kwik