• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

5 hours ago, BacKaran said:

I dunno Ruck. I grew up with the beginnings of Earth day, walk for mankind and other non sense.

Remember the floating garbage debacle of the east coast? Some one disproved that we have a garbage problem by saying all 50 states could put their yearly garbage in a place smaller than Iowa.

Remember the devastation if the rain guests in South America? I did research and it's interesting to note that within a few years, five or less, the jungles were growing back in. How? By bats. They don't process seeds so tons of banana trees are re grown. It's kinda nice to see the photos of nee jungle trees growing and filling in a devestated area.

Yeah, how dare people care about being good stewards of the planet? That's just nonsense. 

That's not disproving anything. If your source is to believed, filling up an entire state with garbage is a massive area. Surely we could cut that down. 

Rainforest isn't just "a bunch of trees." It's a delicate ecosystem with an unbelievable amount of biological diversity. Filling up that area with banana trees is by no means the same. It also doesn't resolve the problem of more and more forest being lost every year. 

To give a loose analogy, imagine you had a garden with many different types of vegetables, herbs, and fruit trees. You'd look forward to a varied harvest, right? Now imagine that someone mowed down your entire garden and offered to "fix" the problem by filling up your ruined garden with only Lima beans. Or maybe they replace most of the garden, but you're never allowed to eat apples or asparagus again, as if they went extinct. Would you be happy with that? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

55 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Yeah, how do you know that the concepts are too difficult to grasp?  And who is not able to grasp them? 

Oh I'm not getting into to this one. I'm trying to be good. :angel2:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

49 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

Yeah, how dare people care about being good stewards of the planet? That's just nonsense. 

That's not disproving anything. If your source is to believed, filling up an entire state with garbage is a massive area. Surely we could cut that down. 

Rainforest isn't just "a bunch of trees." It's a delicate ecosystem with an unbelievable amount of biological diversity. Filling up that area with banana trees is by no means the same. It also doesn't resolve the problem of more and more forest being lost every year. 

To give a loose analogy, imagine you had a garden with many different types of vegetables, herbs, and fruit trees. You'd look forward to a varied harvest, right? Now imagine that someone mowed down your entire garden and offered to "fix" the problem by filling up your ruined garden with only Lima beans. Or maybe they replace most of the garden, but you're never allowed to eat apples or asparagus again, as if they went extinct. Would you be happy with that? 

Why do the environmentalists NEVER go after, or even mention, China, India, Japan and Russia as major polluters?  Doesn't fit the antiamerican narrative is my guess. 

43 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Oh I'm not getting into to this one. I'm trying to be good. :angel2:

I don't blame you, LK. If I had any sense, I would stay out of it too.  But....nah, this subject makes me nuts.

1 hour ago, ruck1b said:

Well looks like the POTUS doesn't grasp them that's one, it seems that those that only look at money doesn't grasp them that's 2.  Do you find what I said insulting? 

No, I don't find it insulting.  I'm not a non-grasper.   I just want to know who the alleged non-graspers are.  I don't think the President is without understanding of clean air and clean water.  The U.S. has cleaned up the environment a LOT more than other countries have.  But banning industry isn't the solution; it you have no jobs you're still going to starve to death regardless of the pristine air and water.  Have you actually looked up the regulations that have been repealed  to see what they are?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Hmmm. I get it, if you support lifting the sanctions then you must only care about money and hate the environment.....even though coal energy is extremely clean and doesn't hurt the environment at all. Our power plants burn clean, and the coal mines? Yeah when they're done you can't even tell they were there, that's how well they clean up after themselves.

Fact is, I'm willing to bet 97% of the people who are so against coal power have never even seen first hand how a coal fired power plant works or even seen a coal mine. I encourage them to locate both and obtain a tour, and learn how they work, what environmental protection acts they perform, and how they go about it, before they decide to blindly follow bill Nye and all gore down the "the sky is falling" hole.

Guest shiloh357
58 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

The earth was doing just fine before Obama and his ridiculous regulations.   The earth will survive without them.  

• Group:  Advanced Member

2 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Why do the environmentalists NEVER go after, or even mention, China, India, Japan and Russia as major polluters?  Doesn't fit the antiamerican narrative is my guess. 

Please don't derail the thread. I don't live in China, India, Russia, or Japan. I live in the United States, have the greatest amount of influence in America (not much, but more than in any other country), plus this thread is in the US section. Every country should be striving for better environmental practices, but American environmentalists are generally going to care about the US in particular. 

5 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Hmmm. I get it, if you support lifting the sanctions then you must only care about money and hate the environment.....even though coal energy is extremely clean and doesn't hurt the environment at all. Our power plants burn clean, and the coal mines? Yeah when they're done you can't even tell they were there, that's how well they clean up after themselves.

Waitwaitwaitwait. What? Coal is not clean energy by any meaning I'm aware of. Or if you insist on misdefining it as such, then I would counter that there are even cleaner forms of energy available to us. 

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The earth was doing just fine before Obama and his ridiculous regulations.   The earth will survive without them.  

Extinct species would beg to differ. The rising global temperature would too.