• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, ayin jade said:

We are still paying for obamas security. If folks insist that trumps family live in the white house, then they should also insist that obamas family all live in just one house and not the multiple houses they own. 

This post makes no sense.   But if we are paying 100k in daily expenses, then yes they need to cut it.  But deflection sure seems to be the word of the day. 

Guest shiloh357
13 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

This post makes no sense.   But if we are paying 100k in daily expenses, then yes they need to cut it.  But deflection sure seems to be the word of the day. 

That money would have been spent anyway.  It's not like the government saves money.  If they don't spent it here, the will spend it there.  It all gets spent, so any notion that we are paying more than we otherwise would, simply isn't true.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

We are still paying for obamas security. If folks insist that trumps family live in the white house, then they should also insist that obamas family all live in just one house and not the multiple houses they own. 

Good point' the oldest Obama daughter is not living at home and requires SS protection.  Besides Obama, we are still paying for GWB's , Bill Clinton's, Jimmy Carter's and George H.W. Bush's security.  That's five living former Presidents.  It boggles the mind.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Not that it matters but I found a nice link on this topic. But it seems the Trump people here are fine with whatever amount is spent so like I said I don't think it matters. But here is the link for your enjoyment: 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-secret-service-budget-increase-trump-20170322-story.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

4 hours ago, ruck1b said:

Well they can do it on their dime if they don't want opinions. 

Also, no its not the same amount.  Much like if I had a security system in two homes I would be paying twice what I pay for one.  Good attempt tho

Not an attempt, but rather fact. They don't just pick random people and say your secret service, they have to work hard pass security checks, training, etc. And they don't just lay off extra secret service people if they arnt traveling. These agents get paid the same whether they are protecting the first lady in new York, or DC and they don't hire more for the first lady to travel/stay elsewhere and they don't lay them off just because they both stay in DC. So the cost of the people, stays the exact same. They're not paying gaurds for 2 different houses.

The only thing that is a little more expensive is housing for the gaurds...and travel but that's it.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Not that it matters but I found a nice link on this topic. But it seems the Trump people here are fine with whatever amount is spent so like I said I don't think it matters. But here is the link for your enjoyment: 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-secret-service-budget-increase-trump-20170322-story.html

For comparison:

from that link quoted:

Secret Service sought $60 million extra for Trump travel and protection, documents show

=====================================

(think how many millions infants have to pay for dangerous drugs) >>

Drugmaker fined $100 million for hiking price of drug for infants ...
money.cnn.com/2017/01/18/.../drug-pricing-mallinckrodt-ftc-fine/ - Cached
Jan 18, 2017 ... Irish drug maker Mallinckrodt will have to pay a $100 million fine and ... The complaint says a single course of treatment can cost "well over ...

=======================================

(OVER $480 MILLION PER DAY extrapolated) >>>

See how Super Bowl ad costs skyrocketed over the years - Business ...
www.businessinsider.com/super-bowl-ad-price-cost-2017-2 - Cached
Feb 5, 2017 ... This year a 30-second Super Bowl ad will cost companies $5 million – that's a whopping $166,667 per second. With 111 million viewers of last ...
Super Bowl Ads Are A Bargain At $5 Million - Forbes
www.forbes.com/sites/.../super-bowl-ads-are-a-bargain-at-5-million/ - Cached
Feb 4, 2017 ... Prices for this year's Super Bowl commercials have set a new record, averaging $5 million for 30 seconds. A little analysis of the numbers ...

========================================

And ONLY $60 million !?  is NOTHING compared to hundreds of billions / and TRILLIONS >>>

Roughly half of this welfare assistance, or $462 billion went to families with children, most of which are headed by single parents. Total Social Security and Medicare expenditures in 2013 were $1.3 trillion, 8.4% of the $16.3 trillion GNP (2013) and 37% of the total Federal expenditure budget of $3.684 trillion.

Guest shiloh357
36 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

We pay a lot for presidents and their families.   We pay millions and millions and millions for whoever is president and for their family members.   The Obama's didn't live on the cheap one bit.  He jetted around on Air Force One like it was his personal property and not for official business, either.   The price tag for presidential families is phenomenal.  I don't think the average American realizes how much it costs and the only reason it is being mentioned NOW is to slam Trump and make it appear that he is spending all of our money, when that is really not the case.

If the money were not allocated for security purposes for his family it would be diverted elsewhere and still get spent.   So it is not like he is actually costing us more than we would spending anyway.  

When Liberals get upset about how many millions of federal grant $$ are spent on things like studying male prostitution in Viet Nam or Shrimp on underwater treadmills, then we can talk about Trump's security costs.

• Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

When Liberals get upset about how many millions of federal grant $$ are spent on things like studying male prostitution in Viet Nam or Shrimp on underwater treadmills,

Now those are worthy causes. :hurrah:

LOL! 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Not an attempt, but rather fact. They don't just pick random people and say your secret service, they have to work hard pass security checks, training, etc. And they don't just lay off extra secret service people if they arnt traveling. These agents get paid the same whether they are protecting the first lady in new York, or DC and they don't hire more for the first lady to travel/stay elsewhere and they don't lay them off just because they both stay in DC. So the cost of the people, stays the exact same. They're not paying gaurds for 2 different houses.

The only thing that is a little more expensive is housing for the gaurds...and travel but that's it.

Did you actually read the story. I even helped put and posted why what waa stated and what you are saying makes no sense. Read the article...thanks.