• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Sorry, but the Rapture is not the removal of the wheat from the field, referring back to the parable of the Wheat and the Tares. ... UNLESS, you really DO think that the Rapture happens at the end of the Millennium. Is that what you're saying?

Sorry, but in the manner in which I interpret end-time prophecy, the Rapture happens on the Day of the Lord which marks the end of the Church Age. 

I have always conveyed my eschatology as being Pre-Millennial, Pre-Wrath and I have stated my basis for that on a sequence-of-events analysis of linear, end-time prophecy narratives.  I've even outlined it several times for you.

You perceive my emotional state of mind, but not my words?  Interesting...

10 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Actually, Daniel 12 is based upon Daniel 11, and Daniel 11 is about the abomination that Antiochus IV Epiphanes set up during his reign over the Seleucid Empire from 175 to 164 B.C. If you would READ Daniel 11, you might discover this, IF you know a little history.

Your patronizing response is offensive"If you would READ Daniel 11..."?  "IF you know a little history."?  Really now. 

Well then you would know that Daniel 11:5-31 describes a generational war between the Seleucids and Ptolemies.

You would also know that Daniel 11:31-35 is also described as the lens of "Dual Focus" which shifts a near-term prophecy to a far-term prophecy, and can "fit" both.

You would also know that Daniel 11:36-39 describes a King unlike any from antiquity.

You would also know that Daniel 11:40-45 lays out in linear narrative a sequence of events which leads to the midpoint abomination, whereas in both 11:45 and Luke 21:20, the enemy surrounds Jerusalem before entering as a victor and presented his "prize" - the talking image of the beast of a man: the abominations-desolation.

This leads to the trip wire of Daniel 12:1, where "Michael" (meaning: "Who-Is-Like-God") responds, and the Great Tribulation is first described in the Bible, and the first time the rescue we seek is put into order as well - after the Great Tribulation, just as Jesus laid out in the Olivet Discourse.

Daniel 12:2 demonstrates a gap in prophecy going from one resurrection to the second.  It is one of five times the Bible describes TWO Resurrections: the first for only the "Righteous" and the second including both "Righteous" and "Wicked."  The second happens after the Millennium; the first happens on the Day of the Lord when Jesus Returns.

To all this, Daniel is amazed and could not understand (12:8), and the answer about the timing (1290 and 1335 days) includes specific information not found anywhere else - what I call the 30 and 45-day periods.  The Lord imparted that to us so we can know and understand. 

11 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Daniel 9 was fulfilled and is being fulfilled by the Messiah Himself. It was HE who caused the sacrifice and oblation (gift) to cease by being the LAST sacrifice God would accept. (Heb. 10:10-14.) It was HE who made them "desolate" because of the widespread abominations of those who were supposed to be leading the people, the Pharisees ("Separatists") and the scribes (Torah teachers). (Matt. 23:38.)

I disagree that Jesus is the one who "confirms" anything in Daniel 9:27.  I will always disagree with you on this.  You are not necessarily right here despite your obtuse reasoning to the contrary.  I will stand firm that the pronoun of "causes to prevail" relates back to the same "prince-who-will-come" and he is related to those who destroyed the city and the sanctuary in Daniel's near-term prophecy of A.D. 70 - the Romans.  Likewise, Rome is alluded to in Nebuchadnezzar's dream as the last empire to hold sway over Israel, and the one Kingdome destroyed by Jesus before His Millennium Reign.

Sacrifice and offering continued and in Acts and Paul's Epistles, the Festivals are noted, and the evidence is that the Apostles, including Paul, observed them.  (http://cgi.org/did-the-apostolic-church-observe-the-sabbath-and-holy-days/)

Hebrews 10:10-14 does not state that Jesus' cutting-off (karat from Daniel 9:26) was the "last" sacrifice God would accept.  Jesus' one sacrifice sanctifies us all for our sins through all time, and it is the ONLY thing which can truly save us, unlike the Priestly sacrifice practiced under the law - which as a form of worship - not only did the Apostles in Jerusalem participate and practice - but it will also be a part of the Millennium, where also, WE will be Priests.

Well, we DO have passages that describe some people glowing while others do not. THAT'S what is visible and noticeable.

You failed to respond to my point.  This deflection is not germane to my reasoning, and it's tangent not worth pursuing with you.  Your deciding what is literal and what is figurative is entirely your take on things, and as often happens, I find that to be fanciful, to be kind (and by that I mean, imaginary or unreal).

I use Peter's "eschatology" in 2 Peter 3:3-13. Those are the three ages of the earth.

I don't use Peter's "eschatology".  He is not a major contributor to end-time prophecy and his quick summation is often misconstrued.

TWO times?! No, It's just the once at the end of the Millennium. You've GOT to consider the elements of the parable when investigating the parables of Matthew 13.

It's that simple.

I'll leave out your long and convoluted explanation which is the opposite of "simple" just as you have your avatar represent a "simple" representation of the New Jerusalem on the earth with your atmospheric controls that allow people to inhabit the upper 1495 miles of its structure...

And I don't GOT to consider ANY of YOUR rules on how I look at parables in the Bible.

Good day Roy.

6 hours ago, Keras said:

I have a list of over 30 scriptures that say the Lord will protect His people on His Day of wrath. Isaiah 43:2, Zephaniah 2:3, Psalm 97:10-12 + +

I know not to trust you to tell me what a passage says after the years of refuting your interpretation of various verses and passages.

Context, context, context.  It is so important, and so often misconstrued in application by you and your "lists".

Edited by Marcus O'Reillius

• Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,686
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

9 hours ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

Context, context, context.  It is so important, and so often misconstrued in application by you and your "lists".

What is actually more important, is what the scripture actually says!  Your view  makes you think a plain statement like Isaiah 30:26, means something other than what is Written.

Y'know, one of us is wrong about what God has planned for our future. Is it to be a rapture removal to heaven, where all Christians will receive spiritual bodies, to happen before God's wrath is unleashed upon the earth, or will it be a period of extreme testing for everyone, with many being killed for their faith, but there will be a time of peace and prosperity, as we live in all of the holy Land and eventually all who have stood firm, keeping their faith in God, will welcome Jesus as He Returns and destroys our attackers, then to be with Him for the next Millennium.

Which view has the support of all the Bible?

5 hours ago, Keras said:

What is actually more important, is what the scripture actually says!  Your view  makes you think a plain statement like Isaiah 30:26, means something other than what is Written.

I was reading something about this kind of argument from a person who wrote a book called: "POWER: Surviving and Thriving After Narcissistic Abuse" by Shahida Arabi.

She describes 20 diversion tactics used by people.  First out of the box is this one:

1. Gaslighting.

Gaslighting is a manipulative tactic that can be described in different variations of three words: “That didn’t happen,” “You imagined it,” and “Are you crazy?” Gaslighting is perhaps one of the most insidious manipulative tactics out there because it works to distort and erode your sense of reality; it eats away at your ability to trust yourself and inevitably disables you from feeling justified in calling out abuse and mistreatment.

When a narcissist, sociopath or psychopath gaslights you, you may be prone to gaslighting yourself as a way to reconcile the cognitive dissonance that might arise. Two conflicting beliefs battle it out: is this person right or can I trust what I experienced? A manipulative person will convince you that the former is an inevitable truth while the latter is a sign of dysfunction on your end.

In order to resist gaslighting, it’s important to ground yourself in your own reality – sometimes writing things down as they happened, telling a friend or reiterating your experience to a support network can help to counteract the gaslighting effect. The power of having a validating community is that it can redirect you from the distorted reality of a malignant person and back to your own inner guidance.

Isaiah 30:26 describes the sun shining when God binds the wounds and heals the bruises He has inflicted upon His people.

It does not describe the sun exploding a portion of itself and hurtling it 83 million miles through space to burn the earth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,588
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 4/14/2017 at 10:31 AM, Marcus O'Reillius said:

Because we speak English.  It's called communication.  You can transmit, but if it is not received, it's not communication.

Shabbat shalom, Marcus.

Hmmm.... Yes, but if the receiver is consistently tuned BETWEEN acceptable frequencies, then he also doesn't receive much, does he?! Communication is a two-way street, bro'.