• Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

11 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yeah, that is not even close...

:D Well....A body that can be injured is not `very good,` dear bro.

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

:D Well....A body that can be injured is not `very good,` dear bro.

How about a body that has to eat?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30

Just now, shiloh357 said:

How about a body that has to eat?

There are obviously different purposes for eating. Think of the New heavens & new Earth & those in the New Jerusalem, in eternity, can eat of the tree of life with its 12 fruits in each season.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

There are obviously different purposes for eating. Think of the New heavens & new Earth & those in the New Jerusalem, in eternity, can eat of the tree of life with its 12 fruits in each season.

But we are talking about Adam, not the New Jerusalem. You are trying to make an argument for which you have no solid scriptural platform.  

Jesus had no sin.  That means that the effects of sin did not permeate Jesus' body, or His mind, or His Spirit.  There was no sin in Jesus in any shape or form.   He was not imperfect at any point and you have NOTHING from scripture that says otherwise.   He was a perfect Lamb without spot or wrinkle.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

But we are talking about Adam, not the New Jerusalem. You are trying to make an argument for which you have no solid scriptural platform.  

Jesus had no sin.  That means that the effects of sin did not permeate Jesus' body, or His mind, or His Spirit.  There was no sin in Jesus in any shape or form.   He was not imperfect at any point and you have NOTHING from scripture that says otherwise.   He was a perfect Lamb without spot or wrinkle.

Shiloh,

If as you say Jesus had a perfect body then he would NOT have died, (a result of the fall) & He would NOT have been of the human race.

I am NOT saying that Jesus had sin because His body was human, of Mary, but it was subject to the consequences - death.

`And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. `(Phil. 2: 8)

BTW you were talking about `a body that has to eat.`

Marilyn.

Just now, Davida said:

LOL!  don't mind me....

iu.jpg

:D

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Marilyn C said:

Shiloh,

If as you say Jesus had a perfect body then he would NOT have died, (a result of the fall) & He would NOT have been of the human race.

Wrong.  Adam was 100% human and created perfect.   So being sinless doesn't make one less than human.

Jesus was the ideal human.  Jesus' humanity was what humanity was supposed to be before the fall.

I am NOT saying that Jesus had sin because His body was human, of Mary, but it was subject to the consequences - death.

I don't really think you know if Jesus was subject to death or not.   Jesus made Himself obedient to death on the cross.  Jesus died voluntarily which is something we cannot do.   Jesus was full control of all of the events surrounding his crucifixion and He died at the very moment He chose and not a minute too soon or a minute too late.  

Jesus death had nothing to do with any imperfection on His part.   It was His sovereign will to die, period.

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Wrong.  Adam was 100% human and created perfect.   So being sinless doesn't make one less than human.

Jesus was the ideal human.  Jesus' humanity was what humanity was supposed to be before the fall.

I don't really think you know if Jesus was subject to death or not.   Jesus made Himself obedient to death on the cross.  Jesus died voluntarily which is something we cannot do.   Jesus was full control of all of the events surrounding his crucifixion and He died at the very moment He chose and not a minute too soon or a minute too late.  

Jesus death had nothing to do with any imperfection on His part.   It was His sovereign will to die, period.

A body that is perfect cannot die.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Marilyn C said:

A body that is perfect cannot die.

Yet Jesus died and He had a perfect body that was unstained by sin.   So, I guess I will go with that.

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yet Jesus died and He had a perfect body that was unstained by sin.   So, I guess I will go with that.

So Shiloh you seem to believe that the Holy Spirit placed the embryo of Jesus in the womb of Mary. So how was the Lord of the human race?

BTW I never said that Jesus was stained by sin.