IGNORED

Immaculate conception

gdemoss

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

So Shiloh you seem to believe that the Holy Spirit placed the embryo of Jesus in the womb of Mary. So how was the Lord of the human race?

No, I didn't say that.   Jesus was conceived without sin.  The embryo was simply conceived without sin. God did not put a foreign body in the womb of Mary.  He simply caused her to conceive by the Holy Spirit.  That's what the Bible tells us.  It specifically says that she conceived.  How God made sure that it was an embryo that was sinless and unstained by the sin of Mary is part of what makes it a miracle and a supernatural event.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Just now, shiloh357 said:

No, I didn't say that.   Jesus was conceived without sin.  The embryo was simply conceived without sin. God did not put a foreign body in the womb of Mary.  He simply caused her to conceive by the Holy Spirit.  That's what the Bible tells us.  It specifically says that she conceived.  How God made sure that it was an embryo that was sinless and unstained by the sin of Mary is part of what makes it a miracle and a supernatural event.

Thanks for your view. I saw that you agreed with sisteracts when she  said -God simply chose her to be the vessel through whom Jesus entered the world.

So we agree that the Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary, caused her to conceive......and the details, well we`ve had a good go at those, & as you say we`ll leave it to the Lord for the details.

Thanks for the interesting dialogue there bro.:D

regards, Marilyn.

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Oh & BTW Shiloh are you looking for a perfect body when you die? Will it be able to be injured?

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Oh & BTW Shiloh are you looking for a perfect body when you die? Will it be able to be injured?

You are defining "perfect" as impervious to injury.  Again, you have no scriptural basis for that.  God created the human body with the ability heal itself.  It's part of being made in God's image, so it stands to reason that Adam's body would have contained the same properties.   Nothing in the Bible defines perfection as "impervious to injury."  

Jesus was injured, yet Jesus was perfect. He was the perfect Lamb of God and was without spot or wrinkle in any aspect of His deity and His humanity, So, your premise is still faulty.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

You are defining "perfect" as impervious to injury.  Again, you have no scriptural basis for that.  God created the human body with the ability heal itself.  It's part of being made in God's image, so it stands to reason that Adam's body would have contained the same properties.   Nothing in the Bible defines perfection as "impervious to injury."  

Jesus was injured, yet Jesus was perfect. He was the perfect Lamb of God and was without spot or wrinkle in any aspect of His deity and His humanity, So, your premise is still faulty.

I agree with a lot of what you say, however you did not answer my question as regards your future body. Will it be subject to injury?

And BTW I NEVER said that Jesus was with spot or wrinkle or sin only that His human body suffered weakness, etc.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Marilyn C said:

I agree with a lot of what you say, however you did not answer my question as regards your future body. Will it be subject to injury?

Your question was, will it be perfect OR will it be subject to injury.   And I simply dismissing the question because it is based on a false premise that perfection means impervious to injury.  

Your question was, will it be perfect OR will it be subject to injury.   And I simply dismissing the question because it is based on a false premise that perfection means impervious to injury.  

So am I hearing you correctly - do you believe that in eternity you will be able to have an injury?

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

So am I hearing you correctly - do you believe that in eternity you will be able to have an injury?

What we will have in eternity, is far, far greater greater than what Adam had.  The New Heavens and New Earth are something for which we have no real point of reference, but Rev. 21 does say that there will be no more death,  no more crying, no more sorrow,  no more pain etc.  Will our new bodies be impervious to injury?  I don't know,  but also there will be nothing there to injure us anyway, so it doesn't really matter. 

What we will have in eternity, is far, far greater greater than what Adam had.  The New Heavens and New Earth are something for which we have no real point of reference, but Rev. 21 does say that there will be no more death,  no more crying, no more sorrow,  no more pain etc.  Will our new bodies be impervious to injury?  I don't know,  but also there will be nothing there to injure us anyway, so it doesn't really matter. 

Hi Shiloh,

So glad you said all that. We know that `There is a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.` (1 Cor. 15: 44)

And because we have such a body - no death, no crying, no sorrow, no pain,` as you so rightly said, then we are NOT made for this earth in the millennium bro.:rolleyes:

Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Marilyn C said:

Hi Shiloh,

So glad you said all that. We know that `There is a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.` (1 Cor. 15: 44)

And because we have such a body - no death, no crying, no sorrow, no pain,` as you so rightly said, then we are NOT made for this earth in the millennium bro.:rolleyes:

Marilyn.

Spiritual bodies are not phantoms or non-physical.    Greek paganism viewed the spirit as something akin to a whisp of smoke or something like that.   A spiritual body isn't necessarily non-material.

When the Lord returns we who are here will be transformed and taken into heaven in incorruptible bodies, we will not be disembodied spirits. 

And when we return to the earth at the millennium, we will have those bodies and will be with Jesus during the millennium on earth. That's the Bible way, and the Christian way to look at it.