• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Spiritual bodies are not phantoms or non-physical.    Greek paganism viewed the spirit as something akin to a whisp of smoke or something like that.   A spiritual body isn't necessarily non-material.

When the Lord returns we who are here will be transformed and taken into heaven in incorruptible bodies, we will not be disembodied spirits. 

And when we return to the earth at the millennium, we will have those bodies and will be with Jesus during the millennium on earth. That's the Bible way, and the Christian way to look at it.

Hi Shiloh,

Oh so you need all those important words to back up your belief - Bible way, Christian way....???? Let the word speak bro, & not try & bolster up you view with extra stuff.

Now who said anything about `wisp of smoke, non- material,` etc. I just quoted the word `spiritual body` which is obviously like the Lord`s & quite recognisable but with abilities that far transcend these earthly bodies. They are made for the realms above there, bro.

Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357

Now who said anything about `wisp of smoke, non- material,` etc. I just quoted the word `spiritual body` which is obviously like the Lord`s & quite recognisable but with abilities that far transcend these earthly bodies. They are made for the realms above there, bo.

Marilyn.

The point is that you have no evidence that our spiritual bodies are only made for heaven.  Nothing in the Bible says that.   This is just made up stuff, now.  So no need to lecture about letting the Bible speak when what I am reading in your posts are things that the Bible doesnt' even say.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Just now, shiloh357 said:

I am letting the word speak.  That's why the millennium is biblical and why I say that is it the Bible way. 

The point is that you have no evidence that our spiritual bodies are only made for heaven.  Nothing in the Bible says that.   This is just made up stuff, now.  So no need to lecture about letting the Bible speak when what I am reading in your posts are things that the Bible doesnt' even say.

You are just giving your view Shiloh. You may think it is in the Bible but that is what we are discussing. We can all say that, but it doesn`t prove our view. Only scripture does that.

Words like `made up` `lecturing` etc are not about the word, but your `putting down` someone. Not the way to discuss God`s word.

Now we know that there will be people on the earth - `the nations who are saved shall walk in its light.` (Rev. 21: 24) They will have bodies made for this earth. We, the Body of Christ will have a body like unto our Lord`s, able to go through dimensions, & also will have the divine nature. (2 Peter 1: 4) These are necessary for our high calling to Christ`s seat of power & authority in the third heaven.

Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357
13 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

You are just giving your view Shiloh. You may think it is in the Bible but that is what we are discussing. We can all say that, but it doesn`t prove our view. Only scripture does that.

It is Scriptural, we are coming back with Jesus and we will be here with him in the millennium.  I am not making that up.  Ezekiel Isaiah, all of the prophets and the apostles back that up.  Even Israel will be here.

Words like `made up` `lecturing` etc are not about the word, but your `putting down` someone. Not the way to discuss God`s word.

No, it's an accurate description of what I am reading.  I have repeatedly asked for Scripture and none has been provided except for a verse or two that doesn't even speak to the issue.

Now we know that there will be people on the earth - `the nations who are saved shall walk in its light.` (Rev. 21: 24) They will have bodies made for this earth. We, the Body of Christ will have a body like unto our Lord`s, able to go through dimensions, & also will have the divine nature. (2 Peter 1: 4) These are necessary for our high calling to Christ`s seat of power & authority in the third heaven.

Marilyn.

again, you are assuming there are bodies not made for earth, and you have not supported THAT claim with scripture.

Rev. 21 isn't about the millennium, but the New Heavens and New Earth and we will walk in both of them.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

It is Scriptural, we are coming back with Jesus and we will be here with him in the millennium.  I am not making that up.  Ezekiel Isaiah, all of the prophets and the apostles back that up.  Even Israel will be here.

No, it's an accurate description of what I am reading.  I have repeatedly asked for Scripture and none has been provided except for a verse or two that doesn't even speak to the issue.

again, you are assuming there are bodies not made for earth, and you have not supported THAT claim with scripture.

Rev. 21 isn't about the millennium, but the New Heavens and New Earth and we will walk in both of them.

There is NO scripture that says we are coming back with Jesus to this earth. The Lord Himself tells us that He is coming with His mighty holy angels.

`When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him,...` (Matt. 25: 31)

``the Son of Man....comes in His own glory, and in His Father`s glory and in the glory of the Holy Angels.` (Luke 9: 26)

`the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels.` (2 Thess. 1: 7)

NO mention of the Body of Christ there, bro.

Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

There is NO scripture that says we are coming back with Jesus to this earth. The Lord Himself tells us that He is coming with His mighty holy angels.

`When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him,...` (Matt. 25: 31)

``the Son of Man....comes in His own glory, and in His Father`s glory and in the glory of the Holy Angels.` (Luke 9: 26)

`the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels.` (2 Thess. 1: 7)

NO mention of the Body of Christ there, bro.

Marilyn.

Actually, a deeper study of God's word reveals the following references to believers during the millennium:

“Then the sovereignty, the dominion, and the greatness of all the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be given to the people of the saints of the Highest One; His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions will serve and obey Him” (Daniel 7:27). (Just a hint: the saints are us)

“And Thou has made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth” (Rev. 5:10)  (That's talking about the redeemed. Again, that's us.)

“And he who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations; and he shall rule them with a rod of iron…” (Revelation 2:26-27).

29 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually, a deeper study of God's word reveals the following references to believers during the millennium:

“Then the sovereignty, the dominion, and the greatness of all the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be given to the people of the saints of the Highest One; His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions will serve and obey Him” (Daniel 7:27). (Just a hint: the saints are us)

“And Thou has made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth” (Rev. 5:10)  (That's talking about the redeemed. Again, that's us.)

“And he who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations; and he shall rule them with a rod of iron…” (Revelation 2:26-27).

As I was a former teacher Shiloh, I`ll give you `E` for effort but not a `C` for correct.:D

Daniel was never told about the Body of Christ - `this revelation (of the Body of Christ) He made known to me....which in other ages was NOT known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit...` (Eph. 3: 3 - 6) So not us there bro, but Israel.

Rev. 5: 10 is the Greek word `epi` & means over or on & thus we need more scriptures to show which.

Rev. 2: the rod of iron does NOT say where we will be ruling. However Rev. 3: 21 tells us that we will be ruling on Christ`s throne.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne.`

Clearly Christ`s seat of Power & authority given by His Father will be in the third heaven. Authority starts at the top and from there all other authorities are put down & each rulership realm comes under the Lordship of Christ.

You have no clear scripture to say that the Body of Christ is coming back with the Lord to earth.

Marilyn. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
On 2017-04-13 at 10:14 AM, gdemoss said:

A quick question.  Is there anywhere in scripture you would point me too that would show that God needed an infinite versus sinless sacrifice?  

I too am very busy this weekend with the Triduum. I logged on to 16 notifications so I'm sorry if some things drop through cracks everyone. I'm not avoiding just can't keep up at the moment. 

Gdemoss; infinite God requiring and infinite sacrifice...... I've heard this phrase from different theologians. I'll do some research and see if there is scripture to back it up specifically. Please remind me about this so that I don't forget to get back to you. 

Cheers and have a blessed Easter

25 minutes ago, Davida said:

I believe the Bible states that the raptured saints will be returning with the Lord.  

1Thessalonians 4:17 "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."   The Lord Returns and we saints will be with Him. 

ZECHARIAH 14:3-5
3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
 4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst of it toward the east, and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
 5 And you shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach to Azal: yes, you shall flee, like you fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with you.

1 THESSALONIANS 3:13 
 13 To the end he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints."

JUDE 14-15
 14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of his saints.
 15 To execute judgement upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against them."

Hi Davida,

Good try there, I believe. Now -

1. 1 Thess. 3: 13 refers to the `fallen asleep` saints that are mentioned further on - 4: 14.

2. 1 Thess. 4: 17 says we shall be caught up to meet the Lord in the air, but does NOT say we come back down again.

3. Zech. 14: 3 - 5 & Jude 14-15 have both been wrongly interpreted by some Bible versions. The correct word is `holy ones,` & the Lord Himself tells us who those holy ones are - His holy angels.

So...still no scripture that says we come back to earth.

Marilyn. 

Just now, Davida said:

"good try"?  not too condescending.  I disagree with you Marilyn.

Well you would have to scripturally show why.

For people to believe that we the Body of Christ will come back to earth, then there needs to be clear scriptural evidence of such.

Marilyn.