• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Exciting  and encouraging testimony Gary Lee! I must have heard  the gospel at funerlas 20,000 to 30,000 times oh my perhaps even more and never paid attention. Amazing when the Holy Spirit moves.

(He got me later.)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

It's the catholic church hierarchy that we abhor, as they do not tell their church the truth of what Jesus taught in the bible.  At that simple funeral for a little boy, the pastor gave us the gospel, the good news,  and planted a seed in out hearts, and it has been growing ever since.  I'm sure everybody who has read your post's has been praying for you and your mom, that the light of the gospel of our Savior, will shine unto you and your mom.   May God bless you and your mom, with truth.............

The RCC hierarchy is something that my mom always questioned. When I read about it, I was really confused at first, I mean, the Pope, the Cardinals, the Archdiocese, the Diocese, the Archbishop, the Bishops, permanent Deacons, etc. It IS a hierarchy, and I cannot recall ever being taught that while mom was raising us. It wasn't in the Bibles she bought us and read to us every night. A while back, she asked the Priest at the parish she belongs to about who the Pope REALLY IS. The Priest told her that he was in charge of everything. That's definitely not in the KJV Bible. When she started to question her decision to become an RC, I knew she was having some regrets. I've told mom about what is being discussed here. Though she still has no interest in being on computer yet,(stupid pain meds are messing up her mood really bad) she listened. Then she threw her CCC away. I asked her if she realized what she was doing. She said "Yes, the heck with that mess." I asked her if she was sure. "YES!" was her reply. I'll never know why she converted, it's not mine to ask. But it appears that she's done with the RCC. 

I'm so thankful that I've gotten my questions answered here. Thank you.

God Bless,

Jacie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Jacie said:

The RCC hierarchy is something that my mom always questioned. When I read about it, I was really confused at first, I mean, the Pope, the Cardinals, the Archdiocese, the Diocese, the Archbishop, the Bishops, permanent Deacons, etc. It IS a hierarchy, and I cannot recall ever being taught that while mom was raising us. It wasn't in the Bibles she bought us and read to us every night. A while back, she asked the Priest at the parish she belongs to about who the Pope REALLY IS. The Priest told her that he was in charge of everything. That's definitely not in the KJV Bible. When she started to question her decision to become an RC, I knew she was having some regrets. I've told mom about what is being discussed here. Though she still has no interest in being on computer yet,(stupid pain meds are messing up her mood really bad) she listened. Then she threw her CCC away. I asked her if she realized what she was doing. She said "Yes, the heck with that mess." I asked her if she was sure. "YES!" was her reply. I'll never know why she converted, it's not mine to ask. But it appears that she's done with the RCC. 

I'm so thankful that I've gotten my questions answered here. Thank you.

God Bless,

Jacie

Praise God!!

The pope really doesn't run anything, The black pope does.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

alligators... I have a hard time accepting alligators in church :blink: 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

alligators... I have a hard time accepting alligators in church :blink: 

:24:

On 4/9/2017 at 4:16 PM, Churchmouse said:

there is a reason for people to go into small groups and it has nothing to do with God. It has to do with their own brand of political correct Christianity I found rather self serving.  a church is an open community not a social club for those who surround themselves with those of like mind and character.

Hi, I strongly disagree! A church is not an  open community. It is  a local body of Christ where like minded servants are brought together by the Holy Spirit's lead  to worship, to fellowship, and to learn to serve  our Lord in the various missions and ministries that  the Holy Spirit has called many to specifically. Stewardship is absolutely required. Membership with it's Biblical guidelines is essential. Otherwise as example; we could have 200 Dianetics members come to one business meeting of the church and vote to  have our resources turned over to them. It would be flat out foolish and a short lived venture to try to run  a church as an open community. 

Will a home church group of seven  allow  eight drug users to come in to a business session and vote on how the resources of the group will be used? I think the answer is no. Instead I think that the group will be a closed group indeed and not an open affair at all.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

52 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, I strongly disagree! A church is not an  open community. It is  a local body of Christ where like minded servants are brought together by the Holy Spirit's lead  to worship, to fellowship, and to learn to serve  our Lord in the various missions and ministries that  the Holy Spirit has called many to specifically. Stewardship is absolutely required. Membership with it's Biblical guidelines is essential. Otherwise as example; we could have 200 Dianetics members come to one business meeting of the church and vote to  have our resources turned over to them. It would be flat out foolish and a short lived venture to try to run  a church as an open community. 

Will a home church group of seven  allow  eight drug users to come in to a business session and vote on how the resources of the group will be used? I think the answer is no. Instead I think that the group will be a closed group indeed and not an open affair at all.

The house of God is open to everyone because not everyone who needs God knows him. There are those out there who only know that they hurt and are looking for something, anything that will release their pain. If we are not open to them, then in my opinion, we are not open at all.

Christianity is not a good ole boys club to come and recycle faith among ourselves. That, I don't think is not Gods will. His will is for us to go out into this world and be a beacon of light that draws the lost out of those dark places they find themselves and into the light of Jesus Christ. Sometimes we don't even need to do that. All we need to do is smile, give a warm hug and a harty WELCOME and we have another soul going to heaven.

There is a difference between the business of being a church and the business of running the church. Those are two different things altogether.

Edited by Churchmouse

On 4/8/2017 at 1:37 PM, missmuffet said:

I do not attend a Church. I have not found a Church that I am comfortable with.

So sorry. That is such a sad loss you suffer. Actually I have not found a church that I am comfortable with either. But I have been led to one, and then another, and then yet another as the Holy Spirit leds me along the way of my own sanctification.

Praise God for His lead. I am most blessed by the association  with  kind and humble servants that spend so much time in serving the lord our lord Jesus. They have helped me when I have hurt they have encouraged me when I am down and  some have taught me and even rebuked me when I am wrongheaded or off tact.

We have so much joyous fun in the work of sharing the gospel, and worshiping our Lord, each doing their  bit as  a member of the body that is the local church.

I do have a thought- for whatever it is worth- to anyone having trouble being comfortable- STOP TRYING  TO BE COMFORTABLE! Instead start trying to make  others feel comfortable. 

Edited by Neighbor

10 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

The house of God is open to everyone because not everyone who needs God knows him. There are those out there who only know that they hurt and are looking for something, anything that will release their pain. If we are not open to them, then in my opinion, we are not open at all.

Christianity is not a good ole boys club to come and recycle faith among ourselves. That, I don't think is not Gods will. His will is for us to go out into this world and be a beacon of light that draws the lost out of those dark places they find themselves and into the light of Jesus Christ. Sometimes we don't even need to do that. All we need to do is smile, give a warm hug and a harty WELCOME and we have another soul going to heaven.

There is a difference between the business of being a church and the business of running the church. Those are two different things altogether.

"There is a difference between the business of being a church and the business of running the church. Those are two different things altogether."

Well sure there is! Plus As Gary Lee has said about the church God has led he and his wife to, the local church membership is made up of sinners, many with terrible societal sins, but all with sin against God.

But from my perspective, that does not make the local body  of Christ an open community. Nor is it a place that welcomes all things and all people in to do as they wish, whenever they wish.

There is order in the church, there is structure within the organization of church. It is Biblical to have order, just as Paul gave guidance to Timothy about the church. Overseers (Elders) exist, deacons exist the older women are tocome alongside the younger. There is to be organized giving and payments too, even double portions.

People are encouraged to attend, membership is not required, but  decorum is.

And with very few exceptions, perhaps none (as I believe there are none), we are all sinners. Some  saved, saved by grace alone. Some are hypocrites, I suppose, but I personally am not qualified to know that. And sadly some will come and go never knowing  the security of our Lord's sacrifice for us. I have hope that the Holy Spirit will call them to their repentance at another time another place.

There is also Biblical instruction as to how to handle membership, and fellowship, found at Matthew 18. Those instructions are complete with the command for total forgiveness by all the body to any member that repents of their offense. When they do they are to totally forgive ( forget), never again to again hold the offense against the member that has repented of their misdeed.

So I conclude the church is not an open community. It has very well defined order and structure that each individual that asks for and  accepts membership declares they will follow. Membership is a privilege, and really a duty. It comes with personal responsibilities. The church does not survive without those that will abide by the Biblical guidelines for the church body.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

12 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

There are those out there who only know that they hurt and are looking for something, anything that will release their pain. If we are not open to them, then in my opinion, we are not open at all.

Churchmouse, Like I said in an earlier post, I never asked my mom why she decided to convert to the RCC. I didn't feel and still don't feel it's my place to ask her, but I think you may have just hit the nail on the head. I've known for a long time that there were problems, I just never told her.

Thank you and God Bless,

Jacie