• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, OneLight said:

The only thing lost here is a few seconds.  With some internet connections, they would never know the difference.  At any rate, live is never live in the true sense of the word.  There are always delays when it comes to transferring a video to the monitor of others.  The only true "live" is if you are there in person.

My question would be is keeping people safe from viewing such hate worth a few seconds of a persons life?  I would hope so, otherwise, priority is placed on the ability to "live stream" something above safety. 

It would take more than a few seconds for the people at Facebook to check a half a million videos a day that are streamed live.  That is an average of 347 videos every minute or 21,000 an hour.  How many people would it take to watch them and clear them in order for the delay to be only a few seconds?  

And all because of less than one percent of one percent of the videos are of this nature?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

1 minute ago, Running Gator said:

It would take more than a few seconds for the people at Facebook to check a half a million videos a day that are streamed live.  That is an average of 347 videos every minute or 21,000 an hour.  How many people would it take to watch them and clear them in order for the delay to be only a few seconds?  

And all because of less than one percent of one percent of the videos are of this nature?  

So?  What if it takes a minute?  Isn't that still better than three hours of allowing such videos airtime, which, by that time, it is no longer live anyway.  They just need to do a far better job at placing proper security in place.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

6 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Alright let me be the dissenter here...

But the last thing Facebook should do is censor everything. Yes, this was a sick event, and the guy killed someone. That's not right. But, the thing is taking away live streaming wouldn't have prevented it. And it was taken down. 

Facebook is a tool, like anything else. A great many people use live streaming for positive things, from visiting with family to preaching. It is simply software, as good as, or as evil, as the people using it. It is I'm itself morally neutral. 

And over censorship will do nothing but cause the company to lose money. There is no reason to punish everyone, for the actions of a few. This kind of mentality of "add more rules every time something wrong happens" is what got the US into the state it's in now, where we got more rules on the book then we need, government agencies spying on us, etc, and may very well lead us to a police state.

Common sense would be to remove the video as soon as it was discovered by moderators and send the info to the police, which as far as I can tell is exactly what happened here.

Keep in mind yes it was up for 3 hours, but I don't see any info as to how many views it had, and even then a lot of people will view something before realizing what it is. And Facebook moderators, like worthy, can't be everywhere at once, 3 hours isn't actually that long of a response time if you think about it. I've seen Facebook take a better part of two days before reviewing material I've reported.

I agree!

7 minutes ago, OneLight said:

So?  What if it takes a minute?  Isn't that still better than three hours of allowing such videos airtime, which, by that time, it is no longer live anyway.  They just need to do a far better job at placing proper security in place.

No, it really is not better.  This sort of thing seems to happen every few weeks, so that is one live video out of 10 million or more that is an issue.  What about the people that saw the video, do they not bear some responsibility for not reporting it?   Now, if this video were shared by one of this guys "friends", which is the only way those outside of his friend list could see it, then I would be all for that person being banned from Facebook.  

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

18 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

No, it really is not better.  This sort of thing seems to happen every few weeks, so that is one live video out of 10 million or more that is an issue.  What about the people that saw the video, do they not bear some responsibility for not reporting it?   Now, if this video were shared by one of this guys "friends", which is the only way those outside of his friend list could see it, then I would be all for that person being banned from Facebook.  

Of course those who watched it without reporting it holds some sort of responsibility, but that is not the issue here.

In all honesty, "live streaming" does not mean you will see it as if it were live.  The title is a sales pitch only.  There is not guarantee by someone like Facebook when they offer "live streaming" that it the viewers will be watching the video in the same time at those who were standing there watching it in person, so it is a misrepresentation in the first place if this is what they are selling it as.  The responsibility is on Facebook to not allow this to happen in the first place.  I believe places like Facebook should not offer this technology until they can figure out how to police them first.

Privileges without responsibility is a concept in a mind of those who do not want to be held responsible for their actions.

51 minutes ago, OneLight said:

The responsibility is on Facebook to not allow this to happen in the first place.  I believe places like Facebook should not offer this technology until they can figure out how to police them first.

This is where I think you and I fundamentally disagree.  I do not think it is on Facebook to not allow this to happen, any more than I believe it is the responsibility of the manufacture of the gun used to not allow their gun to be used to kill someone. 

Facebook has offered a tool that 99.9% of the people use correctly and they have things in place to try and stop the rest.  It is not a perfect system, but it should not need to be.  

Privileges without responsibility is a concept in a mind of those who do not want to be held responsible for their actions.

It seems to me you are taking the responsibility away from the ones committing these actions and placing it on Facebook.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

Yes, it is a tool.  Streaming is not the question nor is our freedoms.  Non-vetted streaming is.  If they were vetted first, then the police would be notified much sooner and would save people the shock they get if they accidentally stumble upon such videos.  The more Facebook allows such actions, more of these kinds of streams will appear.  Where does one draw a line?

Like running said, it would be impossible to vet everything. Literally, impossible. Take worthy for example and our videos, we only have 4 forums where videos are allowed, and not even 1% if the membership that Facebook does, and we still have videos wait for days before being approved. And non videos? I've seen raunchy posts stay in for up to 6 hours waiting for a servant to get on.

I'm not dissing the servants at all-they. all work very hard and I'm appreciative of that, but I'm making a point, and that is you guys can't be everywhere at once, and neither can Facebook. Facebook is about 100 times the size of worthy, there is no way to vette live streaming effectively. For one, if you had to wait for hours, it is no longer live streaming, for one, and two it is effectively censoring it because no one would use it anymore.

Guest BacKaran

Well, after my prayers for the lost Grampa and his family my first thought was... It's Resurrection Sonday, what a great day to go Home. 

God doesn't answer our prayers as we expect and the best outcome would be for Grampa to be with the Lord ? and I understand the heartache they are going thru but praise God he's in heaven!

Guest BacKaran

This says it all..

12 hours ago, Mark1389 said:

REACH THE ANSWER!

2 Kings 4:6 When all the jars were full, she said to her son, “Bring me another one.”

But he replied, “There is not a jar left.” Then the oil stopped flowing.

On this story the widow woman is facing a huge problem. The creditor has come to confiscate everything including her sons as payment of the debt they owe. What I like about her is the truth that she approached the right person – God’s prophet Elisha in the midst of her predicament. This is wisdom, in your lowest valley always approach God, call him and as he promised he will surely answer you and show you great and marvelous things that will amaze you. When you are facing challenges in your life do not turn to people who never know God. Ask advice from godly men and women. They maybe your pastor, youth leader, parents or someone whom you know has godly wisdom. This widow woman had the option to turn to another creditor to pay their debt with another debt. But she realized it is no good to answer a problem with another problem. She chose the best option to let Elisha know they are facing a situation. Nothing is better than coming to God and asking him to bring his miraculous answer to your crisis. The bigger the crisis, the bigger the miracle will be. The prophet asked her what she got in her house. She answered, a jar of oil. This is a pattern in your Bible when facing a dilemma. God will always use something within your reach to deliver his miracle. When Moses and the Israelites were trapped between the Red sea and Pharaoh’s army, God used the rod in his hands to part the waters so they can walk on dry land. You might think you do not have anything useful for a miracle, start to change your thinking because you got something in you. There is something inside you that can be used by God. As long as you got your mind and mouth working together to think right and speak right, cry out to God you can always expect a miracle. Start speaking life to your situation! When you speak life death is defeated. Have a believing heart and watch simple things turn into something powerful. A rod is very ordinary but Moses’ extraordinary God use it to let them witness his mighty power. Let me tell you this, your God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all what we can ask or think, according to the power that is working in you. Realize that you got something very special in you – dreaded by your enemy and ripped hell all of its power. It is what the apostle Paul wrote to Romans 8:11 The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.(NLT) When all the demonic hosts of hell tried their best to keep Jesus in the grave, a super power from on High pulverized their chains, defeated death,  ripped off the bondage of sin of the world  and get the keys.(Rev.1:18) Satan was so defeated by Jesus that even the keys of hell is not with him. Jesus got it. That means he cannot imprison you again, he got no lock. No pain, no sickness, no demon, no depression, no cancer, no bankruptcy and no devil himself can lock you inside his prison because Jesus got the keys. That is good news! All the problems you got right now Jesus has the keys to open the doors of answers you have been searching for. Right now Jesus is inviting you to come boldly to the throne of grace you can obtain mercy and find help in times of need.  When you realized that the same power that raised Christ from the dead is living in you, it will cause you to walk with confidence knowing that greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world. This is something within your reach – this is in you. It’s been there since the first day you accepted Jesus. Just like the widow who got a jar of oil. The answer to her miracle is in her house all the time she face the problem. Through her sleepless nights the answer is within her reach. Through all her anxiety attacks, the answer is within her reach. Through her tears, depression, frustration and loneliness the answer is right there within her reach, all the time it is inside her house. Today you might be in the same situation as this widow woman. Let me encourage you that the answer is within your reach. Reach for your Bible open it and let the Holy Spirit reveal to you the answers to your circumstances. Reach forth your hands toward heaven and pray. The church is within your reach go there and fellowship with your brothers and sisters. Bend your knees in intercession and groan in the presence of God like a travailing woman who waits for the child to be born. God uses something within your reach to deliver the miracle. This is the time for you to get serious with God! Don’t wait for another day! No matter how difficult the situation is inside your home I am writing this to tell you, there is a miraculous answer inside that home. Never give up on trying your best to keep that home stand together. Fight the good fight you got something useful for a miracle. Be faithful in pouring out the oil from a small container in to a bigger vessel. It might take a little while to fill a big barrel from a small jar but wait patiently it won’t take a lifetime and all those vessels big and small will be filled with oil. I am talking about little acts of faithfulness unseen by your neighbors but recorded in heaven. I am talking about a multiplication of anointing. You may be seeing a little jar of anointing in you at this point of your life but use it. Start pouring to vessels of all sizes and your little jar is not little anymore. God can turn it into a remarkable miracle. YOU CAN believe in God! Remember the answer is within your reach! 

May you have a blessed day!

-Mark :)

*connect with me through Facebook: www.facebook.com/kmuzix1

gmail: kmuzix@gmail.com

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

steve stephens.jpg

Evil avails itself of any opportunity to express itself does it not? Live streaming on FB or any other popular site is a natural avenue for evil to exploit. A horrible tragedy this is. Hopefully though the public that watched or heard about this vicious murderous evil can bring it to a stop by bringing the alleged murderer to justice.
There is a $50,000.00 reward for the capture of Steve Stephens. Pictured above. And from the linked article, Yahoo News

God's speed to the capture of this man.