• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

This Christian did not and still has not found anything  within Donald Trump to champion, except that he is not Hiliary Clinton. For that reason I supported his campaign financially and voted for  him.

He is a very very dangerous person to have as President, but far less dangerous than any  "Progressive" communist.

Our hope is in the name of the Lord. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, and for the spiritual integrity and physical well being of the USA. May our children and grandchildren grow, and rise up to make better this land and it's people, under God's sovereign plan for their lives.

Incorrect, we have found many things. For one, he has kept many of his campaign promises. And did you see his recent speech about Passover? Very moving.

Yes, he has failings. But to make the claim that those of us who support him only do so because "he's not Hillary" is a completely false statement. I would have still voted for him had the choice been between trump and Sanders-whom I actually respected, based upon his political and economic stances.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I find that hard to believe considering the Trump people are the majority on this site and anytime I dare to even hint at a mock, or even a joke at a Trump supporter here I am reported and ban. :o

Anyway. I was simply trying to inform as to why the writer of the article may feel the way they do about Christians and politics.  

Why would a sister in the church hope to mock those who have been put in leadership over us in the U.S. ? We're to respect our leaders as if God himself seated them.

I think discussions like this brought from the streaming media are posted in order to do what is sponsored here. Bring ridicule to our president and the party. It shouldn't be mocked either. It in my view should not be attended to in the way that inspires that motive to continue.

Would a Christian say to the face of God the same thing they say about the leader placed before this Christian nation? When he is a Christian president chosen by the people?

If not why would anyone engage in this at all?

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

29 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

Why would a sister in the church hope to mock those who have been put in leadership over us in the U.S. ? We're to respect our leaders as if God himself seated them.

I think discussions like this brought from the streaming media are posted in order to do what is sponsored here. Bring ridicule to our president and the party. It shouldn't be mocked either. It in my view should not be attended to in the way that inspires that motive to continue.

Would a Christian say to the face of God the same thing they say about the leader placed before this Christian nation? When he is a Christian president chosen by the people?

If not why would anyone engage in this at all?

We are not a Christian nation and I do not personally believe we have a Christian president.  

Why is a human (even the leader of our country) or a political party beyond critique or criticism? 

5 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

We are not a Christian nation and I do not personally believe we have a Christian president.  

Why is a human (even the leader of our country) or a political party beyond critique or criticism? 

To the contrary on both parts of your first sentence.

As to the second sentence and question, why is a Christian committed to mockery of a president or party? Violating Jesus commands that we love our neighbors as ourselves. And that we love even our enemies.
Does love mock,ridicule, as an example of understanding that commandment of our Lord? Is that the example of love that person in so doing represents as their belief as to what love is?

And to add this, what is hoped to be accomplished in the course of mocking, ridiculing, a president or a party. As one member here said, they're shocked they are rebuffed when they mock.

What is accomplished in the course of that? Does the president leave office because they're not liked after that? Does the nation suddenly erase its history that demonstrates we were founded on Christian principles, even though we are freed under a secular government?

Or does it instead reflect where the heart of the that which engages in such actions? Violating the teachings in scripture , defending those , and then in other avenues of debate dare judge any one community of people are not qualified to be Christians for how they behave in church.

Edited by JoshuasonFlower

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I get a kick out of the whole free Masons thing...yes they were supposedly free Masons...but the free Masons wernt always the evil they are now, another organization that has corrupted in time.  From my research in 1776 I may very well have joined them myself. They were also, for the most part active members of their churches.

I agree America is no longer a christian nation, but regardless of what the C/Ts would have you believe it was built upon christian values.

8 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I get a kick out of the whole free Masons thing...yes they were supposedly free Masons...but the free Masons wernt always the evil they are now, another organization that has corrupted in time.  From my research in 1776 I may very well have joined them myself. They were also, for the most part active members of their churches.

I agree America is no longer a christian nation, but regardless of what the C/Ts would have you believe it was built upon christian values.

I agree with you about the Masons, but I do not agree we were ever a Christian nation. 

41 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

To the contrary on both parts of your first sentence.

No.  We were never a Christian nation, no such thing has ever exited in the world.  

As to the second sentence and question, why is a Christian committed to mockery of a president or party? Violating Jesus commands that we love our neighbors as ourselves. And that we love even our enemies.
Does love mock,ridicule, as an example of understanding that commandment of our Lord? Is that the example of love that person in so doing represents as their belief as to what love is?

Humor and even mockery are forms of criticism and critiquing.  Even our Lord and Savior employed mockery when speaking of the pharisees.   Did Jesus not love those people?

What is accomplished in the course of that? Does the president leave office because they're not liked after that? Does the nation suddenly erase its history that demonstrates we were founded on Christian principles, even though we are freed under a secular government?

Or does it instead reflect where the heart of the that which engages in such actions? Violating the teachings in scripture , defending those , and then in other avenues of debate dare judge any one community of people are not qualified to be Christians for how they behave in church.

What is accomplished is the God given right to express an opinion, which is also a fundamental right and responsibility of the citizens of this country.    It is the role and responsibility of the citizenry to keep the government in check

2 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

No.  We were never a Christian nation, no such thing has ever exited in the world.  

You're entitled to your opinion concerning the nation of America and Christianity.

Humor and even mockery are forms of criticism and critiquing.  Even our Lord and Savior employed mockery when speaking of the pharisees.   Did Jesus not love those people?

Employing the teachings of Jesus is deflection of one's personal responsibility. And rather more to say, an insult in thinking there is any correlation to the activity here with that of our savior.

What is accomplished is the God given right to express an opinion, which is also a fundamental right and responsibility of the citizens of this country.    It is the role and responsibility of the citizenry to keep the government in check.

This forum does not keep the government in check. This forum invites discussion among Christians who are in the course of that demonstrating their heart of truth.

Keeping government in check takes personal time and commitment to the effort of activist measures and oversight. Writing emails, attending sessions , keeping abreast of the issues, and the votes of the individual member of the electorates state representative.

Mocking, ridiculing, government on a forum does not keep a government in check.

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Depends who you consider the founders, the 16th-17th century Pilgrim/Puritans or the 18 century Deists.

That would depend on how much someone knows of American history.
The Puritans were not the founders of America. They were the founders of Massachusetts.

The founders of America were not Deists. They were theistic rationalists.

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Depends who you consider the founders, the 16th-17th century Pilgrim/Puritans or the 18 century Deists.

Actually it really does not matter.  There were lots of Christians here and their ideals helped to shape the original documents.  But a Christian Nation we were not, in fact I believe the founding fathers would be upset at the very notion of such a thing.   They worked hard to exclude particular religion from our official documents.