• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

25 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

These are not singular events that happen once in a blue moon to individuals who never talk among themselves. This is an ongoing effort over the lifetimes of some people to assassinate the character of Christianity. Wasn't it Joseph Goebbels who said, " If you repeat a lie long enough, load enough and often enough, people will believe it?"

When you bring up these crackpots whole groups of people hear it, they talk among themselves about it, make jokes about it. People make films and TV shows depicting Christianity in a certain way and suddenly we have a cultural change from the ground up, starting with our kids.

Yes, but...if Christians were not doing things to make themselves look bad, if we were not doing things that make these sort of articles reasonably believable, then they would hold no power.  There is a reason why when people read this article they can believe it, that is because there are Christians that act this way.   I am one of those people that have accused some people on this forum of this sort of behavior, and not because I am trying to be hateful, but because it is honestly what how I view their actions.

There was a person on this forum that wrote in all seriousness that now that Trump is POTUS we have nothing to worry about. 

When you have massive amount of Christians thanking God for answering their prayers by making Trump POTUS, articles like this hold a little bit more water.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

18 minutes ago, other one said:

I don't think I would ever call the POTUS a savior,  but he surely has taken this country out of a disastrous direction with the Supreme Court.  However I think the new Supreme Court Judge is more concerned about upholding the Constitution than he is the Bible.....      but hey, no one accuses me of being fair and balanced...

This I agree with totally, which is what he should be doing.  I think a lot of the far right folks are going to be rather disappointed in the coming months by his stances on the court.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

What appears to be ignored is Trump being a Christian, and it matters not whether anyone believes it God knows , and winning a fair and free election over Hillary R. Clinton is reason to thank God.

This does not mean a Christian that voted for Trump see him as a savior.

Just because an article makes the claim doesn't mean Christians agree they see Trump as a savior. Christians know there is but one savior. Journalists opposed to Christianity do not.

Trump being elected did save us from Hillary R. Clinton and what she promised would be the continued legacy of Barack H. Obama. That is reason to give thanks to the voters. And to God . Because the voting Christian public know if they've read their bible that God appoints those who are to be in leadership over us.

The new Justice Niel M. Gorsuch, has not been on the bench long enough for criticisms that apply to president Trump to move forward to Justice Gorsuch.

That this article arrives here making mockery of Trump supporters and is believed in its claim that Christians see Trump as a savior, is apparent when its existence  was brought to our attention. And then those who oppose Trump at all use it as opportunity to levy criticisms against Trump supporters.

52 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

1013317.png

Isn't that a shame. The media tried that old canard once before and also failed. They imagined I guess that the public to whom they were marketing the great lie would not be aware that there is no genuine comparison between any president of the United States to that of Hitler if people are intellectually honest.

Hitler was not elected.

He was appointed Chancellor of Germany. Adolf failed in his pursuit to achieve an elected position. This of course is also not the case with any elected president in the United States of America, past nor present.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

17 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Seriously?  Do these 'experts' really think they need to tell Christians this?  I don't think hardly anyone among believers thinks of politics as a 'savior'.  :rolleyes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-and-politics-wont-be-christianitys-savior-in-america-religion-experts-say/?ftag=CNM-00-10aac3a

Lol,i'm not surprised.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

22 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

Isn't that a shame. The media tried that old canard once before and also failed. They imagined I guess that the public to whom they were marketing the great lie would not be aware that there is no genuine comparison between any president of the United States to that of Hitler if people are intellectually honest.

Hitler was not elected.

He was appointed Chancellor of Germany. Adolf failed in his pursuit to achieve an elected position. This of course is also not the case with any elected president in the United States of America, past nor present.

This was not about President trump. It's about the media. I think the quote was from Joseph Goebbels instead of Hitler, but that's not why I posted it here. It is about the strategy of the left.

12 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

This was not about President trump. It's about the media. I think the quote was from Joseph Goebbels instead of Hitler, but that's not why I posted it here. It is about the strategy of the left.

Yes, I understood the relationship to the left.

That was an excerpt concerning Adolf Hitler's psychological profile and drafted by the United States Office of Strategic Services during WW2.

I wanted to add this as a point of reference for the above. http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/h/hitler-adolf/oss-papers/text/oss-profile-03-02.html

Edited by JoshuasonFlower

13 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Is there a difference?

Is there.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

Yes, but...if Christians were not doing things to make themselves look bad, if we were not doing things that make these sort of articles reasonably believable, then they would hold no power.  There is a reason why when people read this article they can believe it, that is because there are Christians that act this way.   I am one of those people that have accused some people on this forum of this sort of behavior, and not because I am trying to be hateful, but because it is honestly what how I view their actions.

There was a person on this forum that wrote in all seriousness that now that Trump is POTUS we have nothing to worry about. 

When you have massive amount of Christians thanking God for answering their prayers by making Trump POTUS, articles like this hold a little bit more water.

There are those who are apart of Christianity by the grace of God and there are those who deem Christianity apart of them because of the virtue they see in themselves. To which of these are you refering to when you use the term Christian ?

Those who defend anyone just to defend them, when they know little of them are not defending the individual, but themselves  for making that. choice.