• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

i recall one year, when the pay raises were being voted on, the military got a 2% raise when cost of living went up like 6%, and the senate and congress got a massive raise..... this was in a document that was placed before the President only a couple hours before the deadline and the stopping of the government, the documetn had several thousand pages of text, and the congress and senate raises were burried.... either the President has to stop and read the document, and that would stop any paydays for any government employee until it is signed...... that includes the military..... the document should have been on his desk weeks prior, not hours..... guess what, rather then put the country at risk, he signed it and thus, gave the congress and senate a massive pay raise..... whos fault????

Answer - If you can't read all of it in time, automatically veto it. I would expect nothing less from any person I would vote for.

doont place the full weight of the blame on the man that we voted in, it is our fault, mine and yours...... not the presidents... he is doing what he feels we want him to do... if you do not like what he is doing then vot him out.... write him a letter, email him, phone his office......

The president has yet to excercise his Veto power on any spending bill. ANY spending bill. The full weight of the blame DOES rest on him. Bush has absolutely zero fiscal responsibility, in fact he has outspent Clinton 2:1 on non-military non-security related spending. Not that I liked Clinton either but the facts are the facts.

Here is a much better website that is unbiased on the Schiavo case.

Abstract Appeal

Edited by Cerran

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

yes, sure, veto it, and mean while, the government no longer has any power to deploy troops, has no spending power, has no social security payments going out, has no mail being delivered, has no federal workers working until all this is taken care of... including the law enforcement and military....

hmmmmm..... sounds good,

I can read about 10 pages of type an hour ( the way it is wrote up on the forms and such ) that would mean, for every 100 pages, we are talking about 10 hours, and either veto the entire thing, or accept the entire thing...... at that time line item veto would not work......hmmmm yea, makes perfect sense.....

it still boils down to this............

IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PEOPLE TO RUN THE GOVERNMENT.......

not the governments responsibility to run the people.... which has been allowed by too many people sluffing off their responsibilities .......

we want some one else to take the blame for what we are not doing or doing wrong, we do not want some one saying that it is our fault.... that goes for each and every one of us that has not contacted their reps in office.....

have you contacted your rep? have you wrote them? emailed them? phoned them?

shoot, one day, ( not saying how it happened ) i got hold of the Vice Presidents office ( of the USA )...... I will continue to do my part and support those in office, but on the same hand, will also let them know what I need from them... being they are representing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have heard the same thing about people that do not like their pastors, they gripe and complain but do nothing about it, except spread hate and discontent thru out the congregation, and then wonder where all the people went..........

heard one man tell his pastor that he will be glad when he ( the pastor) leaves

cause he didnt like the type of people the pastor was bringing into the church ( the church was barely able to make the utilities and had a congrregation of less then 100 , and now has plenty coming in, has had to expand the building twice to hold everyone during a single service, has two services in the morning and standing room only during one, and is now pushing a congregation close to 1000, alot of them are reformed druggies and boozers..... most have backgrounds that you would consider shameful, and probably just walk on by with your nose in the air....

this country, is alot like that. we, at one time, accepted just about anyone, now we are thumbing our noses at anyone that we do not think the same way they do....

sheesh... support and pray for our leaders.... they are there in office, and need your love and support.... if you hate them how do you think they will ever do goof for you????

mike

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

yes, sure, veto it, and mean while, the government no longer has any power to deploy troops, has no spending power, has no social security payments going out, has no mail being delivered, has no federal workers working until all this is taken care of... including the law enforcement and military....

hmmmmm..... sounds good,

I can read about 10 pages of type an hour ( the way it is wrote up on the forms and such ) that would mean, for every 100 pages, we are talking about 10 hours, and either veto the entire thing, or accept the entire thing...... at that time line item veto would not work......hmmmm yea, makes perfect sense.....

It does make perfect sense. If congress keeps pulling shenannigans like this they will very quickly find themselves very unpopular with their voters.

All the president would have to say if that he vetoed the bill because congress did not give him sufficient time to read it.

If you really care about things like this go to DownsizeDC.org and sign the petition that states congress must read EVERY bill and have a 7 day comment period before making it law.

IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PEOPLE TO RUN THE GOVERNMENT.......

I couldn't agree more but our representatives have a fiduciary responsibility to follow the constitution and do their jobs. I'm not going to give Bush a pass because he's a christian, he has still put this country in the worst financial situation in history.

I write my congressman at least twice a week and have had several conversations with him.

sheesh... support and pray for our leaders.... they are there in office, and need your love and support.... if you hate them how do you think they will ever do goof for you????

I don't have to support my leaders if I don't agree with them. I will pray for them and I will respect the office they hold. However I judge them both biblically and constitutionally as my job as a citizen and a christian.

the financial situation of the united states did not occur over night, nor in just a short number of years.....

what we see today, is not something that happened yesterday, or last year, what we are seeing today is things that happened years ago, even as far back as 20 years, for the effects to trickle down.....

and example of what I am saying here even happens in the sales part of this world... to make a sale today, i would have to be working things towards it for sometimes years.....

when I was recruiting for the military, I was looking at not just myself, but also the ones that would follow me for years after. I was working an age range of 10 year olds to 35 year olds..... some thought i was foolish, but the people that followed didnt, for they had seeds planted in those 10 year olds for three years, which resulted in three years they did not have to work as hard..... for my gains, i had to work twice as hard as I should have needed to.

if we really think that the USA is in the position it is in right now cause of one man, we are in very sad shape.....

talk to the Democrats about why there is the ability to "piggy back" a bill on another bill...... it was the democrats that pushed that thru..... that is how some of these bogus bills get passed into laws.....

if you want to know why medicare fees jumped the first year bush was in office, talke to kerry, it was passed into law during the clinton rule, with a delay for date for it to become effective......

hmmm what a way to end a carreer, booby trap the one following you.....

ask the democrats why i can not find out information as to the condition of my family members if they are taken to a hospital that they have not signed a piece of paper so that i can receive info ( if they are unconscience) that was Hilerys doings......

we can make this a democrat/republican fight/battle, but that is not what this thread is about..... it is not about one man, it is about the entire nation allowingg trash to happen.....

thats right,

it is about you and me allowing things to happen...... not the man in office. we put him there ( directly or indirectly, we put him there ) if you do not like him tough, you can do something about it the next time around..... by starting now, not with a hate campain, or with mud slinging, that is the biggest turn off there is, do it with love..... the love of God, the love of Man, the love of Creation, the love of Jesus, that is the most powerful thing there is, LOVE..... next is hate, if you hate some one, it grows like a cancer..... worse then cancer.....

love the man, pray for the man,

i dont peticularly like every thing he is about, but I love the man,.....

it is easy being an arm chair quarter back.....

if you think you can do better, then do it.......

mike

by the way,

something else to think about.

NAFTA,

real good for tearing down the economy....

put into law by democrats, to steal american jobs from american people.......

the effects are just begining to be felt......... as I said, JUST BEGINING TO BE FELT. and the effects are being blamed on Bush.... hogwash...... get real, Clinton signed that one in.... back in the early 90s, it has taken almost 10 years for it to take effect..... my brothers and their spouses have already been affected by Nafta, spouses lost their jobs, and brothers cut hours...... hmmmm

I did not agree with the policy changes within the military, and could no longer support it as I once did, so i did what I had to do, i got out, after 16 years, i no longer believed in the cause we were sent to support, and could not support it, so I left it..... why? cause i could not serve under a man that went against my beliefs and morals..... thats why.... same as condoning his beliefs and actions and i could do nothing about it, could not even protest against him, could not sue him could do nothing for a president is the head of the military. now I can do things i feel i need to do....

and turning over NAFTA is one of them, bringing the jobs back to the USA....

even if NAFTA was abolished today, it would take upto about 10 years for us to notice any change..... wow, and who would be in office then? they would get the credit for the turn around....

for those that are Republican,

THE REPUBLICANS ARE FOR THE RICH MAN...... TO BECOME RICHER..........

for those that are democrats,

THE DEMOCRATS ARE FOR THE POOR MAN...... TO STAY POOR...........

mike

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I'm Canadian so I have a view from the outside .

You didn't appear to have much of a choice for president.

Kerry supports killing babies and promoting sexual deviancy

and Bush.. well let's just say I hope the Lord comes soon.

We're not that much better off up here.

Our prime minister also claims to be christian, yet insists gay marriage is a God givin right. Oppression seems to be the name of the game no matter where you live.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I just heard on the radio that Mike Schiavo is in a relationship with a woman other than his wife. If this is true than it only confirms what I had suspected. Since legaly he is unable to divorce an invalid, he has opted for the next best thing, her death. He may be masking it as a "mercy killing" but the motive is still the same.

I still have trouble with the majorities reaction to the governments intervention. I have to wonder if any of these trials regarding Terri Schiavo have been by jury or the decissions of self-righteous Judges. Somehow I find it hard to think that a majority of any people would/could agree to permit a death under the given circumstances.

Cut the husband loose and let her parents assume responsibility for her care. Whats so hard about that? I understand that by Gods law he is bound to her till either of their deaths, but it doesn't seem like Mike is worried about that is he is having an extramarital affair.

I pray that God will lift up Terri Schiavo and heal her. I pray he will make her whole so all the world will have to take notice. May those who have forsaken your power, glory and mercy come to repent for their lack of faith in you Lord.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Some facts most folks don't know:

1. Terry Schiavo's friends say the Schiavo's marriage was on the rocks, and that they fought a great deal.

2. The night before Terry's injury they had a "violent argument," so bad a friend suggested Terry spend the night at her house.

3. When Michael Schiavo found her face down in the bathroom, he left her there (very odd, don't you think, not to even try to turn her over and hold her?).

4. His suit in court argued it would be expensive to care for her for a life expectancy of 50 years, so he was awarded millions.

5. A few months after he got the law suit money, he started trying to have her killed.

6. Seventeen (17) physicians who have seen her, have said she IS NOT in a vegetative state.

7. Nurses who have cared for her have said she seems to respond. Some say she uses simple words like 'pain' 'help me' 'hi', that she smiles, etc.

8. Once after a visit from her husband, who was alone with her for 20 minutes with the door closed, Terry went into hypoglycemic shock, and her nurse found an empty insulin bottle and syringe hidden in the room's garbage can. She also reports Terry had needle marks in hidden areas of her body (under both breasts, and in the arm pit). After going to the police, she was dismissed from this hospital!

9. Michael Schiavo has ordered that physical therapy (which was making progress) cease.

10. He has ordered a quick funeral and no autopsy.

11. Terry Schiavo CAN EAT BY MOUTH AND SWALLOW. She is very slow at it, however, and the hospital would have to have someone there for extended periods to help feed her. It is a medical expediency to have the feeding and hydration tube.

12. To my mind, all this adds up to a murder mystery, with Michael Schiavo as the clear suspect.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I wouldn't doubt one bit of it either. His affair with another woman suggests that he is ready to move on with his life, even if he has to kill his wife to do it.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

He has been living with the other woman for over 10yrs and has children to her. If Terri was in a normal state of mind she would of divorced him a long time ago for that alone. There is no reason this man should be allowed to continue to make decisions for her.

God Bless,

Dave