• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

28 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

Please research the volumes of data on suicide. Yes in every case either environment, brain chemistry, usually a combination of both led them to this decision. 

I would expect that from a secular world.

5 minutes ago, other one said:

I would expect that from a secular world.

Secular has nothing to do with it. Many Christians are involved in social services fields and sciences myself included. Look up the data. It's there. 

Edited by Allroses48

First of all, it is not up to us to decide who goes to heaven and who doesn't; it is also not wise to tell someone who is suicidal it's ok to do so. There are many reasons that people do themselves in and with the six or so that I am familiar with did so because they thought those around them would be better off without them.  I don't see how you can blame that on brain chemistry any more than any other decision that people make.  

21 minutes ago, other one said:

First of all, it is not up to us to decide who goes to heaven and who doesn't; it is also not wise to tell someone who is suicidal it's ok to do so. There are many reasons that people do themselves in and with the six or so that I am familiar with did so because they thought those around them would be better off without them.  I don't see how you can blame that on brain chemistry any more than any other decision that people make.  

Suicide is a symptom of diagnosed or undiagnosed mental illness which does have to do with brain chemistry and environment. Yes, thinking that people would be better off without you is a tell tale sign of irrational thinking which is the hall mark for mental illnesses especially depression. Please just look up the data. It's very plain to see. 

I can only quote personal experiences and being close to the people who died and the people around them.

14 minutes ago, other one said:

I can only quote personal experiences and being close to the people who died and the people around them.

Ok, I don't know what more to say. Take a look at the links if you want.

11 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

Ok, I don't know what more to say. Take a look at the links if you want.

I did and am not impressed.  The information has been around for a long time and has done no good in helping people with the problem........  But I can tell you from experience if you want to stop a suicide make them understand that they matter greatly to the people close to them.  The other reason I have heard a few talk about but not experienced is revenge.  A few people kill themselves to hurt someone around them.

Seeing all our thoughts are chemical and electrical reactions, they are basically the same. If one takes the spiritual realm out of our lives our whole existence is chemical and electrical reactions.....  life itself.....  so it's no wonder that the general thought would be that these things just went astray.  But the same electrical and chemical process causes people to lie, cheat, murder and all kinds of sin, so if you are going to say killing yourself should not keep you from heaven, then neither should murder, rape or hating your neighbor.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying all who kill themselves will go to hell; I'm saying we don't have the authority to make that decision one way or another.  I would think that there would not be any single answer that would be right.  It is not a yes or no question.