• Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

4 minutes ago, Wolf Bridges said:

See above? As is yours. 

If you have a point then please make it. Simply quoting two separate and distinct posts of mine is not making one.

Edited by Churchmouse

12 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

I am overly impressed with your profound ability to determine everything from your perspective and anoint yourself with such grandiose embellishments but I believe I will follow what the Holy Spirit has placed in my heart and leave you  to your own designs.  You see I can do the passive aggressive thing myself and pat myself on my own back with the best of them. I just don't do it because of the taste it leaves in my mouth.

You see if you'd have taken the time to ask I would have told you of the multiple addictions and the mental illnesses that I have been suffering with my entire life, but since you had it in mind to believe what you believe, then I let you do so. Consequently If I followed the path that you would prescribe I would not be here today. I was about to go through a complete and total mental breakdown when I finally reached out to God and he was the one who brought me back from the precipice. I've contemplated suicide many times and have felt the noose around my neck more than once.  Please don't talk to me again as an outsider looking into the fishbowl of mental illness and think you have what people need. Good bye.

I would say that I am uniquely qualified as an insider. I have lived with major depression and ptsd since the age of 4. I also continue to deal with an addiction. I have also been extremely suicidal off and on since preschool. I am not saying God doesn't bring you through it but had I not had the compassion and empathy of others I would never have understood my illness or what's going on in my brain. I am in the fishbowl and have lived there all my life. Sometimes people are so extremely ill, their brains are so imbalanced that they are too sick to have any kind of relationship with God let alone listen to him. This is when being Christ like helps our fellow human beings get through these issues. Sometimes unfortunately they are not able to hear God because they are so extremely sick. This is when they lose hope and commit suicide. Just because you're mentally ill doesn't mean you speak for the entire population of those who are suicidal. You most certainly don't speak for me or the vast amount of suicidal people I've worked with in my jobs.  They are hopeless because they are so ill. Our job is go and get them and bring them back. Once they're stabilized and their brains are working right then  they're able to have a relationship with God. When I was so extremely sick and suicidal I was too ill to have any kind of relationship with Christ because my brain was so out of wack. Had it not been for the help of professional people I would never have gotten back on track with medications and counseling. I don't judge people when they commit suicide because I've been there myself and I know how completely wrecked their minds are. All I can say is I truly feel sorry for you. After every thing you've been through you still have this judgmental attitude towards the mentally ill and call people like me "bleeding hearts". 

Edited by Allroses48

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4

4 hours ago, Allroses48 said:

I would say that I am uniquely qualified as an insider. I have lived with major depression and ptsd since the age of 4. I also continue to deal with an addiction. I have also been extremely suicidal off and on since preschool. I am not saying God doesn't bring you through it but had I not had the compassion and empathy of others I would never have understood my illness or what's going on in my brain. I am in the fishbowl and have lived there all my life. Sometimes people are so extremely ill, their brains are so imbalanced that they are too sick to have any kind of relationship with God let alone listen to him. This is when being Christ like helps our fellow human beings get through these issues. Sometimes unfortunately they are not able to hear God because they are so extremely sick. This is when they lose hope and commit suicide. Just because you're mentally ill doesn't mean you speak for the entire population of those who are suicidal. You most certainly don't speak for me or the vast amount of suicidal people I've worked with in my jobs.  They are hopeless because they are so ill. Our job is go and get them and bring them back. Once they're stabilized and their brains are working right then  they're able to have a relationship with God. When I was so extremely sick and suicidal I was too ill to have any kind of relationship with Christ because my brain was so out of wack. Had it not been for the help of professional people I would never have gotten back on track with medications and counseling. I don't judge people when they commit suicide because I've been there myself and I know how completely wrecked their minds are. All I can say is I truly feel sorry for you. After every thing you've been through you still have this judgmental attitude towards the mentally ill and call people like me "bleeding hearts". 

Unsubstantiated claims backed up  by information that can easily be found anywhere on the internet. Sounds like a nice story, but I've seen this before. All it is a special pleading from a person who is obviously here, as am I. I guess we both are equal in the claims department since neither one of us can verify the other's story, but the topic is about wither God will allow someone who committed suicide to enter Heaven and my point of view has not changed.

I apologize for calling you a bleeding Heart, but you began that be putting forth the Idea I lacked compassion because I didn't have your views and neither one of us have a monopoly on that. God granted you through the Holy Spirit your direction as he did mine, but you are the one emoting over this. There is a difference between having compassion and letting your emotions run all over you.

You can shovel on the guilt trips all you like by using the "I feel sorry for you" line, but I've had whinos in detox give me the same line to try and get out of me what they could. Judgementalism it what the left used when they first brought out political correctness to stifle speech.

Edited by Churchmouse

My claims aren't unsubstantiated and I've no reason to lie, however, I knew you'd go down that path in insinuating I'm making up my story. All of my history is documented in medical records etc. I'm not emoting over anything. If you have a problem with emotions and what you call bleeding heart people, that's on you. Maybe you had no one there for you, or maybe you take such a hardline approach because you feel alone in your suffering. I don't know. I'm simply saying, like I've said before, that with the suicidal especially it's critical to be compassionate and empathetic. If you want to take a hardline approach towards seriously suffering individuals that's on you and you can answer to God on that one. Yeah, I do feel sorry for you. It's a shame you're unable to walk a mile in other peoples shoes because you of all people would and should know what wanting to die is like. They are truly out of their mind with suffering. Oh and btw, I never once doubted your story...did I? So thanks again for that judgment as well as the bleeding heart nonsense. Anyway, have a nice day.

Edited by Allroses48

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4

7 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

My claims aren't unsubstantiated and I've no reason to lie, however, I knew you'd go down that path in insinuating I'm making up my story. All of my history is documented in medical records etc. I'm not emoting over anything. If you have a problem with emotions and what you call bleeding heart people, that's on you. Maybe you had no one there for you, or maybe you take such a hardline approach because you feel alone in your suffering. I don't know. I'm simply saying, like I've said before, that with the suicidal especially it's critical to be compassionate and empathetic. If you want to take a hardline approach towards seriously suffering individuals that's on you and you can answer to God on that one. Yeah, I do feel sorry for you. It's a shame you're unable to walk a mile in other peoples shoes because you of all people would and should know what wanting to die is like. They are truly out of their mind with suffering. Oh and btw, I never once doubted your story...did I? So thanks again for that judgment as well as the bleeding heart nonsense. Anyway, have a nice day.

Your use of emotionaly charged words is quite good.  (1) problem with emotions (2) hard line approach. You should go into adverting. Sorry, but I'm not into the Special Pleading logical fallacy.  Unsubstantiated claims are just that . It is not denying anything it is a good does of skepticism.

What you haven't addressed is the fact that you are concentrating on the head as if God looks at that. God looks at the heart and that is not effected by anyone's mental health because he knew them before they were born. He knew you and he did what he did to save you, wither you place that on medication or the work of science, that is up to you. To me, God intervened in your half and saved you from those things that other people hearts were not set up to acknowledge.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i haven't read the whole thread, but one question came to mind from reading the title of the thread.    Not do Christians who commit suicide go to heaven, but are people who commit suicide really Christians.

16 minutes ago, other one said:

i haven't read the whole thread, but one question came to mind from reading the title of the thread.    Not do Christians who commit suicide go to heaven, but are people who commit suicide really Christians.

Yes they are really Christians. Suicide is a result of a chemical imbalance in the brain of an experience(s) with serious trauma. It has nothing to do with whether you are a Christian or not but everything to do with chemistry and environment.

46 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Your use of emotionaly charged words is quite good.  (1) problem with emotions (2) hard line approach. You should go into adverting. Sorry, but I'm not into the Special Pleading logical fallacy.  Unsubstantiated claims are just that . It is not denying anything it is a good does of skepticism.

What you haven't addressed is the fact that you are concentrating on the head as if God looks at that. God looks at the heart and that is not effected by anyone's mental health because he knew them before they were born. He knew you and he did what he did to save you, wither you place that on medication or the work of science, that is up to you. To me, God intervened in your half and saved you from those things that other people hearts were not set up to acknowledge.

No one is special pleading anything. You simply lack compassion and empathy as clearly seen in all your posts and your ongoing judgments and insults further prove my point. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

Yes they are really Christians. Suicide is a result of a chemical imbalance in the brain of an experience(s) with serious trauma. It has nothing to do with whether you are a Christian or not but everything to do with chemistry and environment.

I think you are oversimplifying what causes all suicide.   It may be the case in some but to say that about all is rather presumptuous.  One could say that chemistry and environment causes most sin in the world also.

2 minutes ago, other one said:

I think you are oversimplifying what causes all suicide.   It may be the case in some but to say that about all is rather presumptuous.  One could say that chemistry and environment causes most sin in the world also.

Please research the volumes of data on suicide. Yes in every case either environment, brain chemistry, usually a combination of both led them to this decision. 

Edited by Allroses48