• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Spock said:

Grace,

OMG!!!!!!!! Reading this was soooooo gut wrenching, yet so real that we all can relate to. Thank you for sharing this. Your testimony here has encouraged me greatly because I see Gods love even more working through you. I am sorry about your accident. I love you, sis.

proud to be your brother.

spock

Thank you for the kind and positive response, spock.  I appreciate it.  I'm glad to have you as my brother.  That's the wonderful thing about being a Christian -- we have a large and ever-growing family!   God bless you!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, daughterofGrace said:

Thank you for the kind and positive response, spock.  I appreciate it.  I'm glad to have you as my brother.  That's the wonderful thing about being a Christian -- we have a large and ever-growing family!   God bless you!

Grace,

Your words touched the innermost places my mind often travels to.

I often reflect on the question WHY, SUCH AS:

why some people get cancer, and why some don't; why some people get involved in a serious car accident (especially not their fault), and why some don't; why some people have children who are practically perfect and easy to raise, and why some don't quite have it that easy; why some people seem to get all the breaks, and why some don't.  Stuff like that. 

Now mind you, I want to be clear here, I am one who does not have cancer (yet), has never been in a serious car accident, and has usually gotten my share of breaks in my life.  However, I have had my struggles raising and watching our daughter grow up pretty much from 3rd grade to present day (age 28). Not to long ago my wife and I paid her attorney almost 20k for her divorce and custody battle (her x-husband's father paid over 60k I heard).  So, we continue to partake in heartache being a part of her struggles (we dont think they will ease up much in the foreseeable future). 

But, I say this to let you know the struggle I have in my thoughts with God is not so much involving me personally (because I do have so many good things from His hand) but wondering why others who love Him are also not getting all these good things too (great health, protection from crime, good paying jobs, etc).   When I see a brother in the Lord get cancer and then pass and leave children with spouse, or when I read about brothers or sisters in Christ getting involved in serious car accidents (not their doing), I also wonder.......where were you God?  Couldn't you have done something to have prevented that from occurring?  

At times, I even feel somewhat guilty for being so blessed with the things we consider good (health, etc) when I see others not having this. This mental torment seems to follow me around and I can't quite be at peace about it. Every time I see a deformed or disabled child I wonder.....why them? Why not me? 

That is why reading a testimony like yours, when you came out of it, I can see you have something most of us don't even understand and I am soooooo happy for you.  Good for you....you should have something extra good.......you deserve it!   

Well, I'm rambling now and this is getting a wee bit verbose. Thanks again for sharing your life with us here. This thread has been one of my favorite threads on Worthy because of posts like yours. Thanks. 

Spock

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, Spock said:

Grace,

Your words touched the innermost places my mind often travels to.

I often reflect on the question WHY, SUCH AS:

why some people get cancer, and why some don't; why some people get involved in a serious car accident (especially not their fault), and why some don't; why some people have children who are practically perfect and easy to raise, and why some don't quite have it that easy; why some people seem to get all the breaks, and why some don't.  Stuff like that. 

Now mind you, I want to be clear here, I am one who does not have cancer (yet), has never been in a serious car accident, and has usually gotten my share of breaks in my life.  However, I have had my struggles raising and watching our daughter grow up pretty much from 3rd grade to present day (age 28). Not to long ago my wife and I paid her attorney almost 20k for her divorce and custody battle (her x-husband's father paid over 60k I heard).  So, we continue to partake in heartache being a part of her struggles (we dont think they will ease up much in the foreseeable future). 

But, I say this to let you know the struggle I have in my thoughts with God is not so much involving me personally (because I do have so many good things from His hand) but wondering why others who love Him are also not getting all these good things too (great health, protection from crime, good paying jobs, etc).   When I see a brother in the Lord get cancer and then pass and leave children with spouse, or when I read about brothers or sisters in Christ getting involved in serious car accidents (not their doing), I also wonder.......where were you God?  Couldn't you have done something to have prevented that from occurring?  

At times, I even feel somewhat guilty for being so blessed with the things we consider good (health, etc) when I see others not having this. This mental torment seems to follow me around and I can't quite be at peace about it. Every time I see a deformed or disabled child I wonder.....why them? Why not me? 

That is why reading a testimony like yours, when you came out of it, I can see you have something most of us don't even understand and I am soooooo happy for you.  Good for you....you should have something extra good.......you deserve it!   

Well, I'm rambling now and this is getting a wee bit verbose. Thanks again for sharing your life with us here. This thread has been one of my favorite threads on Worthy because of posts like yours. Thanks. 

Spock

I think everybody wrestles with those things, Spock.  They say that it's the existence of evil and suffering in the world that keeps so many people from the Lord.  But we live in a fallen world.  And when I see Christians suffering and non-Christians having a great life, I always think of Psalm 73 -- our suffering is temporary thanks to Jesus, but the suffering of those who don't accept him and his gift of salvation is going to be eternal.

You sound like a kind, thoughtful individual, Spock.  Thanks again for your words of encouragement.