• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, HisFirst said:

I don't agree with a male confronting a female about her state of dress in Church - at least send an older female to discuss that with wisdom and understanding.

I'd be mortified if a male confronted me in Church.

*Tbh, I don't understand why men are vastly different to women  when it comes to attraction....

Thats what we call seeing the forest for the trees. You shouldnt focus on the fact that a male approached you about your dress, but on the fact that you were dressing  in a way that warranted speaking about

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Thats what we call seeing the forest for the trees. You shouldnt focus on the fact that a male approached you about your dress, but on the fact that you were dressing  in a way that warranted speaking about

No, I'm focusing on the fact it's a female issue which should be addressed by a fellow female.

If I had issues with a guys tight pants at Church, I would let an elder know of my concerns about inappropriate dress at Church and let the older men take charge of the matter.

21 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

So... whats not to understand-  If youre wearing a nice dress and you pass  a store front  and see some other ones that look great, does the fact that you already have on a nice one, stop you from admiring the other nice looking ones?  No! If she looks atractive, he'll look, regardless of  whether or not  hes with a woman already. Its when  he stars  continually thinking, following and actively pursuing that the problem starts

I've never heard that analogy of a dress in a shop versus looking at a woman who is not your partner.

that just doesn't equate, sorry.

2 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

No, I'm focusing on the fact it's a female issue which should be addressed by a fellow female.

If I had issues with a guys tight pants at Church, I would let an elder know of my concerns about inappropriate dress at Church and let the older men take charge of the matter.

I get that part, but still thats a minor issue. Dont let the messenger distract you from the message. Thats somethin i started to realise about myself- I might get something told to me in a way i didnt like , but it still doesnt make the message less poingnant.

Guest shiloh357

As it regards modesty in dress, that cuts both ways.  Christian women and men should always dress in a way that is God-honoring.  I think that takes it a step or two above "modesty."   We should dress to honor the Lord, at all times.  That doesn't mean being frumpy, but it means that we consider how our dress effects our witness and how we represent the Lord as His ambassadors.  We don't have to dress to  the nines, but our clothes should be neat and clean and nothing we wear in public should in any way, compromise our testimony. 

2 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

I get that part, but still thats a minor issue. Dont let the messenger distract you from the message. Thats somethin i started to realise about myself- I might get something told to me in a way i didnt like , but it still doesnt make the message less poingnant.

To me, sending a male to talk about a woman's issue is inappropriate. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

5 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

I've never heard that analogy of a dress in a shop versus looking at a woman who is not your partner.

that just doesn't equate, sorry.

Well ok. but its still unrealistic to think a man will only be attracted t his wife or a woman to her husband. Attraction doesnt mean interest in pursuing just if you like what you see, youll want to look. especially if they have what you like and your spouse doesnt anymore

2 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

To me, sending a male to talk about a woman's issue is inappropriate. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Oh im not saying a woman isnt a better option to send. but im saying if a man comes to say it, dont be so focused on that fact that you ignore whats being told

2 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

especially if they have what you like and your spouse doesnt anymore

And that's  a great breeding ground for temptation which leads to adultery in your head -  so just Don't look at another woman to appreciate her form if she isn't your wife - 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

Modesty and even "G0d-honoring" are strictly based upon the culture and the timeframe you live in.  What we today consider "modest" would have been scandalous 200 years ago and what we consider to be immodest is the fancy dress in some cultures. 

I do 100% agree if a church has a dress code then people should abide by it just like they would for their place of work.  It is disrespectful to God to obey work rules and not those of the Church you are a part of.  If you think their rules are wrong either find a new church or work to change them.  

I also agree that men and women are different, but even us men are all wired different.  We each have things that are more apt to "catch our attention" than other things.   I have said in the past I am much more likely to take a "second look" at a woman in a nice pair of jeans and a sweater than I am one dressed in daisy dukes and a tank top.  But that is just me, other men are different.   As such I do not think the goal of a woman when she is getting dressed should be to keep men from lusting.