Getting Closer With God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

For the past month, I've been busy getting myself used to all the fundamentals of the faith like reading the bible, praying etc. So far, it has been a blessed month. For example, God aided me and helped me overcome my adulterous tendencies in less than a week! A week! What I tried to overcome in two years, God did it in one week. All glory to God!

At this point, I'm established in the faith. The devil won't take me away from God anymore, as the Bible promised that God won't lose me and I've been through a month of spiritual dryness thus far. However, I have a desire to grow closer. The question is, how do I do that?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings MayGodHAveMercyOnmYSoul

Welcome to Worthy,I would love to ask you some questions but this is the Q & A,"answer only"...maybe next time? So you are established in the Faith,in a month? What you need to be firmly established in is the Word of God ,Faith comes by hearing His Word...that is the Faith Builder

When there is spiritual 'dryness" as you say(not sure w4hat that means?) it would indicate to me that it is exactly as you say" busy getting myself used to all the fundamentals of the faith like reading the bible, praying etc."  I don't know what "praying" means to you......Christianity is a Relationship with God in Christ Jesus

When you are reading the Bible you need to Understand it is the Living Word of God,the same as you are here reading what I am saying & I reading what you are saying,it is a form of communication,not a book of fundamentals   Praying as well,it is communicating with our Living  Redeemer

You ask"How do I grow closer"....by Seeking Him,His Face.....

King James Bible
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

Ask our Lord & Savior to Reveal Himself to you,if you are seeking with an earnest heart then He Will........You learn about God because He Reveals His Character,His Nature through the SCripture ,through Christ He Reveals  Himself,Jesus is God      Keep your eyes on Jesus & ask,ask,ask....He Abides in the BEliever

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

13 hours ago, MayGodHaveMercyOnMySoul said:

For the past month, I've been busy getting myself used to all the fundamentals of the faith like reading the bible, praying etc. So far, it has been a blessed month. For example, God aided me and helped me overcome my adulterous tendencies in less than a week! A week! What I tried to overcome in two years, God did it in one week. All glory to God!

At this point, I'm established in the faith. The devil won't take me away from God anymore, as the Bible promised that God won't lose me and I've been through a month of spiritual dryness thus far. However, I have a desire to grow closer. The question is, how do I do that?

Welcome to worthy and praise the Lord for the wonderful report :)

I Timothy 6:12  Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

• 3 months later...
  • Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 5/2/2017 at 1:22 AM, MayGodHaveMercyOnMySoul said:

However, I have a desire to grow closer. The question is, how do I do that?

James 4:7-8  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. ]

You're as close to God as you want to be!  Live a lifestyle of repentance, prayer, and staying in His Word!

• This is Worthy 1