The Love of God

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

I love deep discussions, debate, discipleship, and seeking out deep mysteries of Christ. But I often are reminded that everything must be in His love. Jesus makes it clear from get go, the Greatest Commands are based in love, "Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." (Matthew 22:36-41). The Ten Commandments are in point of fact partial wedding vows, the clause where the Lord says, "Have no other gods before me," is in same vein as "I wed thee, forsaking all others." The Ten Commandments were meant to show us how to love God and people. We are reminded by Apostle John, that "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love," (1 John 4;8), meaning that love comes from Him, He is its source, and so if we abide in Him (John 17:20-23) we then abide in His love and the source of love. This is why love is growing cold (Matthew 24:12), because world does not know Jesus and He is where love comes from. Then there is the warning of Apostle Paul, like a gong it rouses me, "Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ," (Ephesians 4:15) and "If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing (I am nothing)," (1 Corinthians 13:1-3). Then the Apostle says, "Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.." (1 Corinthians 13:13). God's Love, manifested in Jesus Christ and His Sacrifice for us while we were still sinners (Romans 5:8, John 3:16), it is model for Jesus said, "no greater love than to lay down one's life for a friend." (John 15:13). Oh the love of God, the cardinal mark of Christ. Love is always where we can improve. It is easy to be become knowledgeable (I am not assaulting knowledge), it is easy to become more vigilant and even zealous, but learning to love in its complexity, "For God's throne is righteousness and justice, and love and truth are his attendants." (Psalm 89:14 NASB). Love has faces, "Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance," (1 Corinthians 13:4-7). It isn't a perpetual puppy dog licking us, it is mature, like we are, affected by actions. The more we show love, the more it grows and unfolds, God shows himself in different kinds of love, the drops of our blood (suffering), the deep compassion (tender loving kindness), and the discipline (notice its close to disciple), "Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent." (Revelation 3:19).

The Love of God is vast and endless. My endeavor is to spread it, wither it be with mercy (as most picture it) or in justice (doing what is right even if someone doesn't like justice, it can be what is best for them). I know that the discussions get heated, but my heart is to share Love of God. At times it may seem like a sword, but that is seed that God can use as surgeon's knife to heal, but I also enjoy the sap of the olive branch with is encouragement and compassion. It is not easy to be operate in gift of Evangelist (which tend to lean on compassion) and the gift of Prophet (which tend to lean on justice), which are gifts as Apostle says, "Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers." (Ephesians 4:11, Greek really is Gifts not Offices). My hope is this thread can serve as place to share the love of God, discuss it, and if it only serves one purpose, a reminder to myself and all who read that we must not forget our first love, "But I have this complaint against you. You don't love me or each other as you did at first!" (Revelation 2:4), and "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another, By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (John 13:34-35).

01-21-15-transformed-three-steps-to-surrender-and-eight-resultes_mini.jpg

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

There's no greater act of love then sharing the gospel I think. Its amazing what doors open when your fully surrendered to God and desire to do his will to love others and bring them to Jesus.

"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39).

Even if fears and powers try to make us feel separated, we aren't separated from God. His love never fails, it endures forever, it is steadfast, never ending, all consuming, and mighty to overpower all evil.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

This is such a good reminder.  There are new babes in Christ here as well as mature Christians.  And some new christians can be more loving than some older ones.  Some of us older ones fall on our faces occasionally as not such good examples.  

2Co 4:6 NKJV For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ

2Co 4:7  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.

3 minutes ago, Willa said:

This is such a good reminder.  There are new babes in Christ here as well as mature Christians.  And some new christians can be more loving than some older ones.  Some of us older ones fall on our faces occasionally as not such good examples.  

2Co 4:6 NKJV For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ

2Co 4:7  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.

I find being around New Born (New Believers) can be refreshing because that have that First Love (Revelation 2:4) and simplicity of faith Paul warns us to keep (2 Corinthians 11:3). And yet we older believers have a message too, we have learned the wheels people keep trying to reinvent, and the treadmills of religion that do not satisfy like the relationship with our Savior. This is why I believe the old and young beleivers should be together, we offer each other so much. In addition it allows God's love to pass between generations. :) 

26 minutes ago, Yowm said:

ⓌⒺⓁⓁ, Ⓘ ⒼⓊⒺⓈⓈ, ⒿⒺⓈⓊⓈ ⒹⒾⒺⒹ ⒻⓄⓇ ⓉⓇⓄⓁⓁⓈ ⓉⓄⓄ, ⒷⓊⓉ ⓉⒽⒺⓎ ⒶⓇⒺ ⓈⓉⒾⓁⓁ ⒽⒶⓇⒹ ⓉⓄ ⓁⓄⓋⒺ.

Such are opportunities to practice this kind of love, "But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you." Luke 6:27-31)

12 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I know those verses, I was just wondering what they looked like on a forum.

Bless them when they speak lies about Jesus?

Love is not always gooey.

Of course not, "Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ," (Ephesians 4:15) and, "love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out." (1 Corinthians 13:1-6). 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

The test of our love is when adversity comes. Its easy to love those who respect us and are kind, but love is truly tested in hours of contention, "If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? Even sinners love those who love them!And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you get credit? Even sinners do that much! And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." (Luke 6:30-36).

14 minutes ago, Yowm said:

So, sometimes to rebuke is showing great love? (if done with the motive for their edification)

Yes indeed, "Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness," (1 Timothy 3:16),"For the LORD disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child." (Hebrews 12:6), and, "Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent." (Revelation 3:19). But always remembering do do this in love (Ephesians 4:15: a spirit, motive, and in forum setting give indicators like add "I say this from concern or love or care for you."). 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Yes indeed, "Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness," (1 Timothy 3:16),"For the LORD disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child." (Hebrews 12:6), and, "Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent." (Revelation 3:19). But always remembering do do this in love (Ephesians 4:15: a spirit, motive, and in forum setting give indicators like add "I say this from concern or love or care for you."). 

Didn't Jesus rebuke his own people and going to the extreme ,  when he became enraged some of them were working with the local merchants and exchanging monies before the temple ? So that fellow Jews could buy their sacrificial animals with Roman coin? 

Of course he did. How could the son of man and of God remain quiet and simply love the trespass that was happening before God's house. 

I do admit to not quite getting someone's troll comment here. I love trolls . I use to collect the little color dolls when I was a kid.