• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

17 minutes ago, OneLight said:

A book can be 90% correct, but that other 10% makes it a lie.  God does not lie.

That comes close to many of our English translations of the Bible...  I'd be careful of using that as a standard.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church Canon:

http://www.ethiopianorthodox.org/english/canonical/books.html

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, other one said:

Shows the opposite. Shows the New Testament writers were aware of the information in the book.  Especially since it is older than the New Testament.

Only parts of it are older than the NT.

Guest shiloh357

We finished a conference today that partially included the Book of 1 Enoch. And nine very talented speakers and 3,000 Christians from all over the world take 1 Enoch as reality

So what?

Millions of Evangelicals also think that the other religions are as valid as Christianity and that you don't need to necessarily trust in Jesus alone for salvation.    Millions of Christians don't believe that Jews need Jesus to be saved.

Should we let what other Christians think and believe become the standard for what we base theology upon? 

Guest shiloh357

It should be pointed out that the there is no evidence that when Jude quoted Enoch that Jude's quote came from the book of Enoch.  There is no reference in Scripture to a document called, "the book of Enoch."  

Everything used to make the book of Enoch appear to be ancient relative to the early church is really nothing but tradition, given that we don't have any manuscript evidence to prove it predates the first century by thousands of years as some claim.

Guest shiloh357

That comes close to many of our English translations of the Bible...  I'd be careful of using that as a standard.

You clearly don't understand how translations work.

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Only parts of it are older than the NT.

All of 1 Enoch is older than the new testament and you know that i and most other people reject 2 and 3 Enoch as something to trust.  Yet you constantly throw them together to put down 1 Enoch. It's a pattern.

• Thumbs Up 1

Everything used to make the book of Enoch appear to be ancient relative to the early church is really nothing but tradition, given that we don't have any manuscript evidence to prove it predates the first century by thousands of years as some claim.

That's not true.

So what?

Millions of Evangelicals also think that the other religions are as valid as Christianity and that you don't need to necessarily trust in Jesus alone for salvation.    Millions of Christians don't believe that Jews need Jesus to be saved.

Should we let what other Christians think and believe become the standard for what we base theology upon? 

Not necessarily Shiloh, but when those putting on the conference have higher levels of credentials than yourself, why should I put you over them. We have this discussion over several subjects where people that I agree with have higher levels of training and experience than yourself yet you expect me and others to put trust in your thoughts over others.  So as usual to keep threads from being deleted I'll just express things in my own way and let others decide for themselves. We'll let God sort out things between us..