IGNORED

The Book of Enoch

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, other one said:

Not necessarily Shiloh, but when those putting on the conference have higher levels of credentials than yourself, why should I put you over them.

You're not putting them over me.  You're putting them over Scripture.   You are more committed to your conspiracies than you are the word of God.

We have this discussion over several subjects where people that I agree with have higher levels of training and experience than yourself yet you expect me and others to put trust in your thoughts over others.  

Actually, my appeal has never been to myself but to Scripture which you pretty much poo poo in deference to your extraterrestrials and the book of Enoch.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

It should be pointed out that the there is no evidence that when Jude quoted Enoch that Jude's quote came from the book of Enoch.  There is no reference in Scripture to a document called, "the book of Enoch."  

Everything used to make the book of Enoch appear to be ancient relative to the early church is really nothing but tradition, given that we don't have any manuscript evidence to prove it predates the first century by thousands of years as some claim.

There are copies of it in the dead sea scrolls that prove its older than the new testament (speaking only of of 1 Enoch).  2 and 3 Enoch are not part of 1 Enoch.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

You're not putting them over me.  You're putting them over Scripture.   You are more committed to your conspiracies than you are the word of God.

Actually, my appeal has never been to myself but to Scripture which you pretty much poo poo in deference to your extraterrestrials and the book of Enoch.

Pfft ET's are fallen angels, and they are to be thrown down here according to scripture.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Only parts of it are older than the NT.

1 Enoch is older then the New Testament. 1 Enoch is what I'm speaking about.

I have no idea what so ever about 2nd and 3rd Enoch. 

Guest shiloh357
Just now, other one said:

There are copies of it in the dead sea scrolls that prove its older than the new testament (speaking only of of 1 Enoch).  2 and 3 Enoch are not part of 1 Enoch.

parts of if are older than the New Testament, but not the parts that bear similarity to the NT.  Ancient documents were not written in one sitting, necessarily

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Jude1:3 said:

1 Enoch is older then the New Testament. 1 Enoch is what I'm speaking about.

I have no idea what so ever about 2nd and 3rd Enoch. 

There is not enough manuscript evidence to support any claims about the accuracy and authenticity of the book of Enoch.   That's what makes the Bible the only 100% accurate and authentic source of truth.

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, Jude1:3 said:

That's not true.

It is true.  We can verify the authenticity of Scripture, but not the book of Enoch.  The manuscript evidence simply isn't there.

We

It is true.  We can verify the authenticity of Scripture, but not the book of Enoch.  The manuscript evidence simply isn't there.

Once again most of us are simply stating that 1Enoch is true, not that it is written by God.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, other one said:

Pfft ET's are fallen angels, and they are to be thrown down here according to scripture.

ET's are a myth and the fallen angel = ET's  nonsense is just more conspiracy not supported by Scripture. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

There is not enough manuscript evidence to support any claims about the accuracy and authenticity of the book of Enoch.   That's what makes the Bible the only 100% accurate and authentic source of truth.

There is in The Ethiopian Bible written in Geez. It's what R.H. Charles used to translate it into English.

John Strugnell said that he saw a Microfilm of an Aramaic version of Enoch that has never been published:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Strugnell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aramaic_Enoch_Scroll

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch