• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

16 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

The argument presented by Shiloh357, I believe, has been successfully refuted

His Argument hasn't even been ADDRESSED much less refuted. :rolleyes: 

at least in my mind as the Holy Spirit has blessed me and others with an older understanding of Genesis.

Confirming what I said above.  

Things that go on 'in your mind' ... aren't "Successful" Refutations. 

Nothing written in the Bible is definitively 6 solar days of Creation.

1.  It's 6 Days.  The Sun wasn't created till the 4th Day.  

2.  (Exodus 20:11) "For in *six days* the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

Looking at the 7th day, in never ended.

(Exodus 20:9-10) "Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:  {10} But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:"

Ergo...The Jews (Their Servants/nor any of their guests)...since Exodus, have Labored.

Makes Perfect Sense.  thumbsup.gif

There's much to study in the article I hyperlinked and with related articles.

There's nothing much, save for Elephant Hurling Fallacies.  

The only question I have is: is the Gap Theory correct; or is the Day-Age Theory correct?

1.  False Dichotomy (Fallacy).  Both have been Demonstrably PUMMELED on this Forum greater than 50 times each.

2.  Both are Equivalent Fairytales... Phlogiston has more Veracity than your offerings here, Combined!!

As I've said on multiple occasions, salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ is not dependent on our understanding of the first ten or so chapters of Genesis.

Well Jesus Christ is the Author of the First Ten Chapters of Genesis.  So how can you have Faith -- (TRUST) in Jesus Christ, if you feign incomprehension... then dismiss HIS first TEN CHAPTERS of Genesis??

Source: The Solar System Is Awash in Water

Source: Water in the Universe

Food for thought.

Brought to you by the Same Organization that Shouts from the Rooftops (Short List):  There is No God, evolution, big bang, multiverses, billions of years, "The Vacuum of Space"... In DIRECT CONTRADICTION to the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics (Laws of Entropy).  

AND...

Life on Mars.jpg 

https://www.nasa.gov/images/content/694114main_Watkins-2-pia16204_full.jpg

Life on Mars 2.jpg

LIFE on MARS !!!

:rolleyes:

Food for thought.

regards

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

In the absence of anyone thus far winning a nobel prize for refuting and disproving many peer reviewed scientific disciplines and techniques that show an old earth. Does anyone know of any evidence for a young earth avoiding the circular reasoning fallacy..ie the bible is correct because it says in the bible.  I mean actual peer reviewed and demonstrable evidence?

Been trying to find on line but most stuff is just asserting refutes that isn't demonstrated or true. This doesn't get to a young earth...or do we only have circular reasoning assertions?

I understand why people think young earth but that drops into this fallacy and a huge bias. Ie..the bible is clearly true to indicated a young earth therefore one must refute the evidence at all costs and no matter what is presented it must be wrong in this mindset. I get why people do it but to me this young earth view seems to be on faith..faith is what we need here in the absence of evidence or we'd call it evidence...and what's the best way to find what's true on this issue..or any. I'm sure everyone demands evidence in other aspects of life or work or whatever.

Edited by Kevinb
Misc

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Perhaps the most revealing proof,  is all the falsified science, the fraudulent research published,  claiming there is any truth in an old earth theory.   If it was true,  they wouldn't have to falsify so much, every year.

Yeah..I've answered this.  This science isnt refuted or it would be the new scientific understanding. Nobel prize...bias? Where is young earth evidence?

Edited by Kevinb

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97

33 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

In the absence of anyone thus far winning a nobel prize for refuting and disproving many peer reviewed scientific disciplines and techniques that show an old earth. Does anyone know of any evidence for a young earth avoiding the circular reasoning fallacy..ie the bible is correct because it says in the bible.  I mean actual peer reviewed and demonstrable evidence?

Been trying to find on line but most stuff is just asserting refutes that isn't demonstrated or true. This doesn't get to a young earth...or do we only have circular reasoning assertions?

I understand why people think young earth but that drops into this fallacy and a huge bias. Ie..the bible is clearly true to indicated a young earth therefore one must refute the evidence at all costs and no matter what is presented it must be wrong in this mindset. I get why people do it but to me this young earth view seems to be on faith..faith is what we need here in the absence of evidence or we'd call it evidence...and what's the best way to find what's true on this issue..or any. I'm sure everyone demands evidence in other aspects of life or work or whatever.

The error is the assertion by YEC that there is suppressed proof of a young earth creation that scientists are suppressing.  They make these unsubstantiated claims and people of faith blindly accept these assertions as truth.  They dismiss people like Dr. Norman Geisler and Dr. Hugh Ross because the truth doesn't fit their ideas of what we should believe.  They are blinded by their distorted viewpoint and I hope they are not preventing Christian seekers from accepting the real truth of OEC as detailed in the Bible.

Yes agreed. I understand some feel they must just accept young earth...else in their minds that reasoning could be applied to everything else then unravels but it doesn't have to be that way

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

If it were important to God that we knew how old the earth is, don't you think he would of told us?  Instead, here we are trying to prove one way or the other by means of men.  Young Earth / Old Earth, what does it matter?  All we should be focused on is the harvest for the harvest is plenty, but the workers are few.

4 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Yes agreed. I understand some feel they must just accept young earth...else in their minds that reasoning could be applied to everything else then unravels but it doesn't have to be that way

Very as several of us have tried to explain.  Falsehoods are spread as facts.  One such falsehood is that OEC was designed to combat evolution, when in fact, it proceeded evolution by several thousand years and was generally the opinion of the Old Testament writers and early New Testament writers who quoted from the Jewish Book of Enoch.

14 minutes ago, OneLight said:

If it were important to God that we knew how old the earth is, don't you think he would of told us?  Instead, here we are trying to prove one way or the other by means of men.  Young Earth / Old Earth, what does it matter?  All we should be focused on is the harvest for the harvest is plenty, but the workers are few.

For me, I believe it is important for us to know the truth of Holy Scripture.  If I can't believe the truth, the inerrancy of Holy Scripture, where do I draw the line?  Without the inerrancy of Holy Scripture, we put the whole Bible in doubt.  Science confirms the Bible, it does not put it into doubt.  One need not believe in the theory of evolution, to believe in the inerrancy of Holy Scripture.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Psalm 33:8-10Contemporary English Version (CEV)

8 Everyone in this world
should worship
    and honor
    the Lord!

As soon as he spoke
    the world was created;
    at his command,
    the earth was formed.

10 The Lord destroys the plans
    and spoils the schemes
    of the nations.

Contemporary English Version (CEV)