• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:51 AM, Aryeh said:

trees-640.jpg

Fruits of the Spirit is the same as the months in the year: 12 or 13.

On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month...

(Rev. 22:2)

"By the river on its bank, on one side and on the other, will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither and their fruit will not fail. They will bear every month because their water flows from the sanctuary, and their fruit will be for food and their leaves for healing.

(Ez. 47:12)

The Revelation of John shows us the spiritual world, and in the book of the prophet Ezekiel we are shown the material world.

In the Epistles of the Apostle Paul, 12 fruits of the Spirit are named.

Wisdom is not mentioned among the fruits of the Spirit, but it is also mentioned in the apostolic epistles of the New Testament.

To each of the 12 or 13 fruits of the Spirit there corresponds a certain fruit of the real kind of tree, and this correspondence can be established on the basis of the Old Testament.

For example, the tree of knowledge, whose fruit a Man stole, is the fig tree. Jesus cursed this fig tree, and when it withered, a cross was made of it, on which Jesus Christ Himself was hanged. 

If we talk today about the materialization of spiritual fruits, then we must build the Temple, which is written in the book of the prophet Ezekiel. It is along the streams of Nahal Hever and Nahal Arugot in the Judean Desert that 12 paradise trees will be materialized.

Hiya Aryeh :) I had never heard of this concept of real fruits before. Did you develop this yourself? Seems like something interesting to study.

Where in the Bible do you get the idea that the tree of knowledge of good and evil is the fig tree? 

Eph. 5:9 doesn't seem to point to that to me?

(for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true),

God bless,
GE

• Group:  Royal Member

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
(Mat 7:17-18)

Hiya Yowm! :) 

Yes I'm aware of what the passage states it was quoted in it's entirety by Fidei. So how do we explain Christians who fall into temptation or into sin? They are technically "good" trees and bearing "evil" fruit. Also, how do we explain non-Christians who are very kind, gentle, helping others, etc. They are technically "evil" trees bearing "good fruit"?

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Royal Member

20 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I would say, we are good on the merits and covering of Christ, so even though we misstep, we are covered (and chastened). Our ongoing 'goodness' is an obtained one, first by the seed of the Word and also by the continual work of the Spirit.

OTOH, with those not covered by the imputed righteousness of Christ, have no covering, no new birth and their 'good deeds' are evil because they still fall short and are done for self glorying and not for God's glory.

That explains it well :thumbsup: 

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, GoldenEagle said:

Hiya Aryeh :) I had never heard of this concept of real fruits before. Did you develop this yourself? Seems like something interesting to study.

Where in the Bible do you get the idea that the tree of knowledge of good and evil is the fig tree? 

Eph. 5:9 doesn't seem to point to that to me?

(for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true),

God bless,
GE

In the Russian Synodal translation of the Bible, a variant of manuscripts "the fruit of the spirit" was chosen. It was easier for us to see 12 fruits.

fotos.jpg

Evidence points to the fig tree:

Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings.  (Gen.3:7)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

58 minutes ago, GoldenEagle said:

Oh I'm not trying to defend the Meme itself but to engage others in how we view so-called "evidence" of Christ-like living.

So let me rephrase my question.

8. Are fruits of the Spirit what we do (of our own will) or what God does through us (of His own will).

God bless,

GE

I'd think the two should be indistinguishable when we're to live like Christ. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

Hiya Yowm! :) 

Yes I'm aware of what the passage states it was quoted in it's entirety by Fidei. So how do we explain Christians who fall into temptation or into sin? They are technically "good" trees and bearing "evil" fruit. Also, how do we explain non-Christians who are very kind, gentle, helping others, etc. They are technically "evil" trees bearing "good fruit"?

God bless,

GE

Bad roots, springing what looks like good fruit but once bitten or cut open, exposes the bad fruit for what it is.

Fruits of the Spirit = Works directed by God.

God wants truth, honest intent from the heart. Not what some perceive as this is what good looks like or should be so I will do as much as I can and that shows I'm good. It has to TRULY be of the heart.

Kind people may have good seed of the Spirit but lack proper sowing. Need to be planted cared for and then their good fruit can grow.

Edited by notsolostsoul

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

"attendance, tithing, hemline attention, easy-listening music, passivity, and denial; volunteerism, dressing up on Sundays, and superiority"

God has different order of need in each of us.  The first thing God dealt with me on was my lack of love.  Perhaps the next was giving by His inspiration, and not even in tithes.  But I brought another lady when we went to find the Christians organization God had motivated each of us individually to contribute to.  The lady we visited had no idea why we arrived with  money but had been going through her mail.  They found that a mistake had been made in their checking account.  My friend made up the missing amount and my puny contribution covered the bank fee.  Each of us doing our part met their need.  The next thing God disciplined me for was my self righteousness that was the core sin behind the lack of love and unforgiveness.  That involved some scourging of an emotional nature.  I felt like I had been kicked out of the kingdom and for a month or so lost the close communion and leading of the Lord. 

My husband has always liked easy listing music--elevator music.  I thought it was OK but looked for Christian hard rock with a good rhythm to exercise to.  . People caught up in the party scene and concerts may have had this removed.  In the 70s long dresses and long hair became fashionable so I got a wig since my hair has been thin and never looked good long. We also wore bluejeans, capris .  The church also began to accept women wearing pants suits in church.  By the 80s the churches here no longer cared what people wore to church but modesty was the norm.  These sorts of things were never things God dealt with me about.  They were man's norms.  God dealt with me on attitudes and changing my heart.  So your list of attendance, tithing music and hemlines were never preached in our churches but were consider the less important things, or the minors.  But God had given me a hunger ro read God's word and to attend church as often as I could.  God had a different list of priorities in my life than man's

Many people have ptsd and have been damaged emotionally.  Often these things must be healed before God can deal with other things.  Some people had amnesia, flashbacks, and learning to trust as more important issues to deal with.