Mediæval Bæbes -Band

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

Mediæval Bæbes is an all women singing group that sings Medieval hymns, poetry, and other tunes from the Medieval to Late Renaissance period. They are most known for their "Regina, Alleuia" from PBS Masterpiece's Victoria (2016-) starring Jenna Coleman and Tom Hughes, which is a series about Queen Victoria, and their work on the BBC Elizabeth I: The Virgin Queen (2005) starring Tom Hardy and Anne-Maria Duff which was also by the Masterpiece Theater production. Their music is haunting, and rather difficult to forget, the Medieval melody and their voices are like the siran's songs that shipwrecked sailors, and their ability to charm is like Enya (who did the Lord of the Rings Music). Band members have admitted to Neo-Paganism, but claim they never dabbled into Satanism, "Their image can be misleading. "Some of the girls have been into paganism over the years but they've never been Satanists," Ms Blake promised. "That's something people get into to spice up their sex lives. What we do is showbiz – medieval style." (http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/classical/news/mediaeval-baebes-to-tour-englands-cathedrals-amid-unease-over-their-sexy-image-8862610.html).

Still the power their music holds great sway; how it stirs the soul. Neo-Paganism is very much involved in other forms of Occult. So I was wondering, are they just talented or is there gift transcendent in a bad way? We must not forget, Lucifer lead worship in Eden, he is musical by nature, "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire." (Ezekiel 28:13-14). Thus our chief enemy still uses those pipes to seduce us. But what of these (Medieval) Baebes, are they Bezeelbub's choir or simply talented women who are reviving the Medieval Music of yesteryear?

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Mediæval Bæbes is an all women singing group that sings Medieval hymns, poetry, and other tunes from the Medieval to Late Renaissance period. They are most known for their "Regina, Alleuia" from PBS Masterpiece's Victoria (2016-) starring Jenna Coleman and Tom Hughes, which is a series about Queen Victoria, and their work on the Elizabeth I: The Virgin Queen (2005) starring Tom Hardy and Anne-Maria Duff which was also by the Masterpiece Theater production. Their music is haunting, and rather difficult to forget, the Medieval melody and their voices are like the siran's songs that shipwrecked sailors, and their ability to charm is like Enya (who did the Lord of the Rings Music). Band members have admitted to Neo-Paganism, but claim they never dabbled into Satanism, "Their image can be misleading. "Some of the girls have been into paganism over the years but they've never been Satanists," Ms Blake promised. "That's something people get into to spice up their sex lives. What we do is showbiz – medieval style." (http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/classical/news/mediaeval-baebes-to-tour-englands-cathedrals-amid-unease-over-their-sexy-image-8862610.html).

Still the power their music holds great sway; how it stirs the soul. Neo-Paganism is very much involved in other forms of Occult. So I was wondering, are they just talented or is there gift transcendent in a bad way? We must not forget, Lucifer lead worship in Eden, he is musical by nature, "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire." (Ezekiel 28:13-14). Thus our chief enemy still uses those pipes to seduce us. But what of these (Medieval) Baebes, are they Bezeelbub's choir or simply talented women who are reviving the Medieval Music of yesteryear?

Neo paganism likely includes Wicca, which although it is not satanism, is witchcraft and this band  should be avoided by followers of Jesus.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Certainly it includes a revival of the Druid religion and animism, the latter of which we see rising in the US as well.  Liberal environmentalists claimed that when the Christians didn't embrace their cause, they turned to animism and the religions of Native Americans.  I have seen that these are demonic.  Personally I would avoid this group.  But I do enjoy the plains songs that many of our very early hymns used, and early songs such as Greensleeves i.e. What Child is This?.  Some were even based on old beer drinking songs.  But the godly lyrics dedicate them to the Lord and sanctify them.  

Guest Judas Machabeus

Since I have not listened to them or know them I'll comment in more general terms

this reminds me of the days when "if you play the record backwards you can hear satan talking"

satan can not "make" you do anything. We have free will and if you're baptized you have the Holy Spirit and you are marked for the Lord. We are set aside for the Lord.

Growing up I listened to gangster rap, than heavy metal, than death metal. So I've listened to some pretty heavy stuff that would rival neo-paganism music. 

During my dark and sinful years I always had Jesus with me, watching over me. And because of my baptism and being a new creation, I was never taken over by that darkness. 

Not all people are created the same, so to error on the side of caution I would say to stay away.