IGNORED

Question about the Canon being Closed

Guest Judas Machabeus

The problem is what do people consider complete? The 66 or imo the 93 from the Ethiopian Christians? People are stuck on this 66 spiel. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

The problem is what do people consider complete? The 66 or imo the 93 from the Ethiopian Christians? People are stuck on this 66 spiel. 

Do you own a copy of the Orthodox Tewahedo biblical canon ?

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

The 66 have a unique unity not found in the other books of the Ethiopian canon.

20 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The 66 have a unique unity not found in the other books of the Ethiopian canon.

That's nonsense from Protestant reformation. The Catholic bible has more than the 66. The Ethiopian orthodox bible is just more complete. 

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

That's nonsense from Protestant reformation. The Catholic bible has more than the 66. The Ethiopian orthodox bible is just more complete. 

No, it's actual fact.  The 66 books of the Bible contain a thematic unity on several levels that are not shared by the either the pseudographical books or the Apocryphal books.   It is one of the reasons why we know the 66 books of the Bible are the word of God and the extra books in the Ethiopian canon and the Apocrypha are not the Word of God.    It has nothing to do with the protestant Reformation.

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it's actual fact.  The 66 books of the Bible contain a thematic unity on several levels that are not shared by the either the pseudographical books or the Apocryphal books.   It is one of the reasons why we know the 66 books of the Bible are the word of God and the extra books in the Ethiopian canon and the Apocrypha are not the Word of God.    It has nothing to do with the protestant Reformation.

Who said the 93 don't have thematic unity? Who said only the 66 does?  If you've never read the other 27 how do you know they don't have unity? That's extremely biased pov. I would much rather have all the biblical authors and books mentioned in the Bible instead of not having them at all. It gives an amazing background to the 66. 

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Man invented the bible? Please explain.

What part do you not understand exactly? 

Sure, theological liberals will dispute nearly every book of the 66 not just the 39, but what do we have in common with them? If people follow their biased research they will end up as much as a reprobate as those false teachers that place the date of Daniel at about 100 BC or say there are three Isaiahs etc.

Or, 

Biblical Scholars with years of experience arrive at the study unbiased and invested in delineating the truth of the historic faith dedicated to the teachings of Christ. Beginning with the authors and textual evidences arrived at from what was an oral designate in the beginning.

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

the part I don't understand is the word 'invented'.

Perhaps the word, etymology, and then, bible, would assist you in understanding. It is my hope. 

Blessings, 

You do realize the term 'biblical scholars' cover a wide range of scholarship from conservatives to those bent on disproving the bible. You had better be careful from which fold your 'scholars' are picked from. You are aware of the Jesus Seminar for example?

I do realize. And I am aware. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

Certainly. I posted it as a resource for all who would find it useful in our studies. 

This is done by the Alpha Christianity group.  Are you a follower of this group?

33 minutes ago, OneLight said:

This is done by the Alpha Christianity group.  Are you a follower of this group?

I'm a follower of Jesus Christ. 
I'm a poster of that link.