• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,629
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Ah the good old days, where have they gone? Where? They went onward to tomorrow if, I live today well. And if God grants me tomorrow.

So  when pensive melancholy visits today bringing forth the question of the old gang, the old times, the old things, I must remember; today  is that same yesterday  I wonder about today come tomorrow.

So, I must live today well, enjoying the new people I meet, as much as seeing the old yet again if only in my memory, for I am not going to concede my day  to dreaming the dreams of old men about yesterdays friends and events. I much prefer building  up upon the visions of the young by doing something well today. And whatever I do, I must strive to attain that goal of doing all things well unto the glory of God. Whatever I do, I need to pray and work in order to  do it well, including meeting new old friends.

So hello! So glad to meet you today in this cyber way.

May it be that we, each one, share of the abundance of blessing our Lord has laid out for each of us individually even in the shadow of the valley  of death, that banquet of security the psalmist shared about with us as He gave his appreciation to God for them, in full confidence they  are there, beside the still waters in the protection of the tall grasses.

It is a grand day for another walk with the LORD via the guide the Holy Spirit. Praise my Lord Jesus for His making it so.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

It is a grand day for another walk with the LORD via the guide the Holy Spirit. Praise my Lord Jesus for His making it so.

Psa_118:24  This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Top of the morning to you Neighbor. I also wake up and say; "Thanks Lord for another day"  I know old age is a privilege, not granted to everyone. Remembering the past sometimes helps to avoid mistakes in the future, for me. Upon waking, I try to remember to ask the Lord to show me, or put me in a position to be a blessing to someone. I need the nudge. Have a blessed day my brother.

Php_4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Hi Gary Lee,

Yes, it is top of the morning here.
Your hello is a blessing upon me. May God make your day, whether it be cloudy or sunny, bright with his light.

Your shared message and goal is an uplift to me, better than straight black coffee even. Speaking of which....

Edited by Neighbor

18 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi Gary Lee,

Yes, it is top of the morning here.
Your hello is a blessing upon me. May God make your day, whether it be cloudy or sunny, bright with his light.

Your shared message and goal is an uplift to me, better than straight black coffee even. Speaking of which....

Thanks Neighbor, on my third cup as we speak.  Haven't taken it black but seldom  since I left the military almost fifty years ago.  Military coffee was so bad the spoon stood up in the middle of the cup, and had to drench it with fixings. A morning ritual, coffee and the forum to get my head into the word, thinking to exercise the brain, cut on the lights and compressor in the shop, a couple of chapters of Louis L'Amoure, then start putting more cabinets together. One man shop, peaceful, heat and AC for comfort, radio tuned to the station (Pandora) I enjoy with tunes only desired, and no commercials. (And in my language!) I also have a child bride now for almost forty seven years. Just two weeks ago, she jumped out of a perfectly good airplane at forty five hundred feet. What you gonna do, she's still a kid.

Wow! Forty five hundred feet!

Thinking about it I almost had to jump out of a plane at forty six hundred feet. It was  at Solvang California. The runway was at that elevation, we went down the runway didn't lift but instead went off the end at the side of the mountain and dropped, only gaining speed enough to fly as we fell. Felt like we were one of those  prop planes of old going off the end of an aircraft carrier. Thought the whole family had bought the farm.

But I digress, so you are a cabinet maker!  I claim no personal talent there, but my son is an outstanding crafter in wood. Plus, I do have some decent wood working machines. As  my child bride and I go looking at places to live in the mountains, I tend to drool over old barns and  work sheds more than the homes, thinking about room to set up  the Laguna table saw, the planes,  lathes, band saws, etc. and get back to at least whittling. 

As a young man I came close to being a cabinet maker. I became a funeral director, instead. There's a better punchline in there somewhere, I'll have to work on it.

Such satisfaction to work with materials that end up being beautiful and serviceable to others too! You seem fortunate there.

Edited by Neighbor

20 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Such satisfaction to work with materials that end up being beautiful and serviceable to others too! You seem fortunate there.

Well, I figured, why not take up a trade my Lord was taught, that carpenter from Nazareth. ;)   I'm fortunate to have a business that when installed, my customers get to see their anticipated results before them, and I generally  receive the little pat on the back. (Usually) I mostly have done installs for other shops, large architectural cabinet and mill work jobs with my crew, and custom homes. Lived on job sites for almost fifty years, (another world),  and it's nice to finally "retire" to my shop for the jobs of my choice, right at home. (My shop is my 401K)  Yes, I am blessed, more than I deserve. I'll tell you sometime about an almost plane crash back in sixty eight on a Saturn Airlines four engine flight to a little place in the orient. Exiting, fur sure..........

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Ah the good old days, where have they gone? Where? They went onward to tomorrow if, I live today well. And if God grants me tomorrow.

So  when pensive melancholy visits today bringing forth the question of the old gang, the old times, the old things, I must remember; today  is that same yesterday  I wonder about today come tomorrow.

So, I must live today well, enjoying the new people I meet, as much as seeing the old yet again if only in my memory, for I am not going to concede my day  to dreaming the dreams of old men about yesterdays friends and events. I much prefer building  up upon the visions of the young by doing something well today. And whatever I do, I must strive to attain that goal of doing all things well unto the glory of God. Whatever I do, I need to pray and work in order to  do it well, including meeting new old friends.

So hello! So glad to meet you today in this cyber way.

May it be that we, each one, share of the abundance of blessing our Lord has laid out for each of us individually even in the shadow of the valley  of death, that banquet of security the psalmist shared about with us as He gave his appreciation to God for them, in full confidence they  are there, beside the still waters in the protection of the tall grasses.

Neighbour I picture myself hiking up this long winding path, up a mountain, switchback after switchback slowly inching myself up from the valley down below, going up into the cloud banks past meadows of mountain flowers then up into the rocky crags. Yes I see myself going around a bend on that mountain path and coming upon a small oasis and there you are sitting there.

I say this not to mock you but to say that I don't often hear such beautiful words of wisdom.

God bless you brother.

and thank you

Mike2

Thank you Mike; from the  "Oasis" on the mountain side, elevation 68 feet.

It is very cool,  cloudy and humid here today  on the highest hill around- feels like 92 today, down from the feels like 115 of yesterday.

Am so looking forward to a summer  away to the mountains and cooler terrain. It will be much like a second childhood to this New England native. My "Sweet Texas Peach" just found a houseboat online with a smaller houseboat attached for traveling a lake, up in NC. Seems abit extravigant, but hey don't know till we call. Kind of a mothership and pod I guess.

Funny you should call your shop your 401K Cary Lee, we each are so very blessed to be physically and mentally able to be active and independent enough not to have to rely totally on any stockpiles from past efforts. It is a fine privilege. 

ps-I'm so used to low lands now that my ears pop just going over the Skyway Bridge.

Edited by Neighbor
Added names to make sense of my response(s)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

I think the time for Apocalyptic Blues to end has come. The fact is, the worse things get, the closer to Jesus Christ's Second Coming and Paradise (Revelation 1:7, 19:11, and 21:1-4). Much that seems meant for evil God is going to use for good. And while yes, many in the Western Churches are not ready for persecution, persecution draws people closer to Christ and makes them better Christians.

On 6/2/2017 at 9:24 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

I think the time for Apocalyptic Blues to end has come. The fact is, the worse things get, the closer to Jesus Christ's Second Coming and Paradise (Revelation 1:7, 19:11, and 21:1-4). Much that seems meant for evil God is going to use for good. And while yes, many in the Western Churches are not ready for persecution, persecution draws people closer to Christ and makes them better Christians.

Interesting, and a view often enough projected. But:

To paraphrase from a thought shared by Paul; so do we sin all the more so that grace shall flourish the more. Heaven forbid.

In the same manner; do we seek persecution so that  we become better Christians? Heaven forbid, is my thought.

I hear of the prayer; may I not be so rich that I do not need God nor be so poor that I dispise God, and think it to be a nugget  of good counsel. 

I also ask, is praying to be crushed by persecution so that I may fluorish more in  my walk with my creator , perhaps not so smart a thing for me to be doing?

I think that instead; I will read  of the Psalmist and his petitions before God for safety from his persecutors, and do likewise. Much  like my Lord prayed, if it be possible take this cup away from me. I too will have a similar prayer on my lips. Lord if it be possible keep me from my enemies, take this grievous conflict away that I may not have to endure it.