• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Who is Christopher Wray? Donald Trump picks new FBI boss

• President Trump said he will nominate Christopher A. Wray to lead the FBI.
  • Wray led the Enron Task Force when he was with the Department of Justice.
  • He represented New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie during the investigation into the George Washington Bridge lane-closing case.

Christopher A. Wray, President Donald Trump's pick to succeed James Comey as FBI director, led the federal investigation of Enron and represented Gov. Chris Christie in the Bridgegate scandal.

Wray was nominated by President George W. Bush as assistant attorney general in charge of the Criminal Division, according to the Justice Department. He held that job from 2003 to 2005.

Wray, a Yale Law School graduate, served on the President's Corporate Fraud Task Force and oversaw the Enron Task Force and other major fraud investigations, according to the Washington law firm King & Spaulding, where he is a litigation partner.

The FBI says the Enron probe was the "largest and most complex white-collar investigation" in the agency's history.

Wray specializes in white collar law and internal investigations, according to the Justice Department site. He represented the New Jersey governor in the scandal surrounding the closing of lanes on the George Washington Bridge in 2013 as a way to attack political opponents. Christie was never charged but two of his allies were convicted.

Before Wray became an assistant attorney general at the Justice Department, he was principal associate deputy attorney General.

Trump fired the last director of the FBI, James Comey, as he was overseeing an investigation into links between the Trump presidential campaign and the Kremlin.

Trump's announcement came the day before Comey appears before the Senate Intelligence Committee. In the highly anticipated hearing, Comey will almost certainly be asked whether Trump tried to get him to back off a probe into former national security advisor Michael Flynn.

Trump's tweet also came just hours before acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe and other top intelligence officials testify before the committee. Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats will likely be asked about a Washington Post report that he told associates that Trump asked him if he could persuade Comey to ease off Flynn.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/07/who-is-christopher-wray-donald-trump-nominates-new-fbi-boss.html

• Group:  Royal Member

stock-photo-the-word-who-in-red-d-letters-to-symbolize-a-question-about-a-person-who-is-the-center-of-a-136508033.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

I like the choice.  Glad he didn't go for a big name just for the name.  

1 minute ago, Running Gator said:

I like the choice.  Glad he didn't go for a big name just for the name.  

Definitely someone who was not (at least to my knowledge) on anyone's radar.

As I read through the article, the one thing that stuck out to me (and given our political climate may be a deal killer) was his involvement with Chris Christie and the 'bridgegate scandal'.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Definitely someone who was not (at least to my knowledge) on anyone's radar.

As I read through the article, the one thing that stuck out to me (and given our political climate may be a deal killer) was his involvement with Chris Christie and the 'bridgegate scandal'.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Blessings,

-Ed

I will say that I am impressed that Trump went this deep in his search.  I can see the Christie thing being an issue, but I cannot see this nomination not making it through.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Who is Christopher Wray? Donald Trump picks new FBI boss

• President Trump said he will nominate Christopher A. Wray to lead the FBI.
  • Wray led the Enron Task Force when he was with the Department of Justice.
  • He represented New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie during the investigation into the George Washington Bridge lane-closing case.

Christopher A. Wray, President Donald Trump's pick to succeed James Comey as FBI director, led the federal investigation of Enron and represented Gov. Chris Christie in the Bridgegate scandal.

Wray was nominated by President George W. Bush as assistant attorney general in charge of the Criminal Division, according to the Justice Department. He held that job from 2003 to 2005.

Wray, a Yale Law School graduate, served on the President's Corporate Fraud Task Force and oversaw the Enron Task Force and other major fraud investigations, according to the Washington law firm King & Spaulding, where he is a litigation partner.

The FBI says the Enron probe was the "largest and most complex white-collar investigation" in the agency's history.

Wray specializes in white collar law and internal investigations, according to the Justice Department site. He represented the New Jersey governor in the scandal surrounding the closing of lanes on the George Washington Bridge in 2013 as a way to attack political opponents. Christie was never charged but two of his allies were convicted.

Before Wray became an assistant attorney general at the Justice Department, he was principal associate deputy attorney General.

Trump fired the last director of the FBI, James Comey, as he was overseeing an investigation into links between the Trump presidential campaign and the Kremlin.

Trump's announcement came the day before Comey appears before the Senate Intelligence Committee. In the highly anticipated hearing, Comey will almost certainly be asked whether Trump tried to get him to back off a probe into former national security advisor Michael Flynn.

Trump's tweet also came just hours before acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe and other top intelligence officials testify before the committee. Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats will likely be asked about a Washington Post report that he told associates that Trump asked him if he could persuade Comey to ease off Flynn.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/07/who-is-christopher-wray-donald-trump-nominates-new-fbi-boss.html

Christopher "Chris" A. Wray

I think Hillary would count her blessing this guy wasn't head of the FBI while the investigation into her illegal server was underway. 

Otherwise her latest pantsuit may be a one piece. 

Edited by PlanetChee

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

Christopher "Chris" A. Wray

I think Hillary would count her blessing this guy wasn't head of the FBI while the investigation into her illegal server was underway. 

Otherwise her latest pantsuit may be a one piece. 

Hmmm....I have to admit I know NOTHING about Christopher Wray, never even heard the name before.  I need to check him out because I hate to come across something I'm clueless about.

11 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Hmmm....I have to admit I know NOTHING about Christopher Wray, never even heard the name before.  I need to check him out because I hate to come across something I'm clueless about.

I never heard of him till this article. Google is my friend. :D 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

From what I can see he looks like a good choice.

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

From what I can see he looks like a good choice.

I believe he is too. Let us pray so, so that President Trump can get on with it.