• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,272
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Both our kids went to public school from day one, I believe in the long run it was the best thing for them.  So many things they encountered they were able to come home and talk about and work out in their heads in a safe and open environment. 

My daughters teach their children at home, they are stay at home moms, with their own cottage business. . My son and son in law  have their own businesses, do very well. All of our children are involved believers, saved grandchildren (schooled at home)  and that is enough for me. It really can't get any better.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.66
  • Days Won:  25

34 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

My daughters teach their children at home, they are stay at home moms, with their own cottage business. . My son and son in law  have their own businesses, do very well. All of our children are involved believers, saved grandchildren (schooled at home)  and that is enough for me. It really can't get any better.

Does sound good! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

Kids falling away when they get away from home has been happening since the time of Cain and Abel.  In 1984 I was first made a lay pastor for the youth of the church I was a part of and at that time the same thing was happening as it happening today.  And it happens to those not going to college as well. 

But to blame the colleges is to pass the buck.  The colleges are not the problem, if the youth of the church were properly prepared they would be ready for what they will face in college.  But our kids are put into a tighter bubble than even we keep ourselves in.   They are prepared to face the world as they are never allowed to ask questions, never allowed to make mistakes, never allowed to think outside the bubble their partners and the church put them in.    So, yeah, when they get out of that safe environment they are blown away by it all, and many of them fall for a time because of it.  But it does not have to happen. 

Thank you.  I have an idea where you are coming from.  Our state is one of the most unchurched in the nation.  Our kids and grandkids live in multicultural atmospheres. They also held down jobs from the time they were 15, which I believe helped them since we were there to help them cope with the things and people they dealt with.   

I was an agnostic who was saved when I was 13, and have asked questions all my life.  So I don't relate to most of what you have said.  In fact, I rarely can relate to much of what you present on Worthy.  All my digging and questioning took me to a different place than you came to, apparently.