• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

I have a question.  So I am trying to find out the "ages" of man and earth and where they fall in the bible.  Like the ice age, or the stone age.  A lot of people when they hear the term stone age they think of a caveman packing around a club or what not.  I wonder what time period of the bible this falls in.  Also, when a lot of people read the bible they seem to read it through todays eyes.  I have been trying to read it through the times that it was written and was wondering where the different ages fall in.

In my opinion, I believe that Scripture leads us to know that the age of man (there is only one) began at the fall, when Adam sinned against GOD. And, the Bible chronology of time teaches that man has been on the planet a little over 10,000 years as time goes by. We must take scripture literally, so regardless of/if there is a "gap period," Adam was the first Created Being, with no mention of any evolutionary humans.

8 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

In my opinion, I believe that Scripture leads us to know that the age of man (there is only one) began at the fall, when Adam sinned against GOD. And, the Bible chronology of time teaches that man has been on the planet a little over 10,000 years as time goes by. We must take scripture literally, so regardless of/if there is a "gap period," Adam was the first Created Being, with no mention of any evolutionary humans.

Sorry.  I think you misunderstood my question.  Or maybe I worded it wrong.  But when was the stone age, ice age, bronze age etc.  Is there a graph or something that shows what books of the bible were written in these era's?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

This is just a tidbit/ start/ reference to help get things in perspective >>

https://answersingenesis.org/environmental-science/ice-age/when-was-the-ice-age-in-biblical-history/

"

Knowing these things, how can we use the human history described in the Bible to shed light on the Ice Age’s beginning? Well, for one thing, no human tools or fossils appear anywhere on the earth until found in deposits from the beginning of the Ice Age.8 (God appears to have wiped away all remains of pre-Flood man; see Genesis 6:7.) Since their earliest remains suddenly appear throughout the Old World (Asia, Africa, and Europe), it appears that these are the people who scattered from Babel.

It is reasonable to conclude that the start of the Ice Age roughly coincides with the Babel judgment.

So it is reasonable to conclude that the start of the Ice Age in the Northern Hemisphere (the Pleistocene) roughly coincides with the Babel judgment, around a century or so after the Flood (perhaps 2250 BC).

Who knows, perhaps the Ice Age was part of God’s plan to keep people from quickly resettling in one place again. The unpredictable climate would have made it difficult for anyone to settle down and raise seasonal crops in the years immediately following Babel’s dispersion."

The accuracy and validity of the various times and ages etc as described

at the site: https://answersingenesis.org/environmental-science/ice-age/when-was-the-ice-age-in-biblical-history/

may or may not have been verified by someone or many - it is unknown to me. (I barely read to and thru  the excerpt above)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,631
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

You might want to consider  looking at the engineers drawings within Dispensational Truth by Charles Larkin, and also the Life and Times Historical Reference Bible ( Nelson Publishers).

Edited by Neighbor

Thank you Jeff that is very insightful. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, da_man1974 said:

I have a question.  So I am trying to find out the "ages" of man and earth and where they fall in the bible.  Like the ice age, or the stone age.  A lot of people when they hear the term stone age they think of a caveman packing around a club or what not.  I wonder what time period of the bible this falls in.  Also, when a lot of people read the bible they seem to read it through todays eyes.  I have been trying to read it through the times that it was written and was wondering where the different ages fall in.

There is a book, "The Flood", In The Light Of The Bible, Geology, and Archaeology. By Alfred M. Rewinkle, copyright 1951.

Some people have told me it's the best book about the subject they've read. There have been digs that continued beyond the clay layers below layers of civilizations and have found a civilization with artifacts finer in craftsmanship than the layers of civilizations above. The digs are sited in the book for further inquiry.

An interesting aspect of those civilizations is there weren't any idols. No religious artifacts.

I know you're not inquiring about the flood but the information may help some.

9 minutes ago, Zemke said:

There is a book, "The Flood", In The Light Of The Bible, Geology, and Archaeology. By Alfred M. Rewinkle, copyright 1951.

Some people have told me it's the best book about the subject they've read. There have been digs that continued beyond the clay layers below layers of civilizations and have found a civilization with artifacts finer in craftsmanship than the layers of civilizations above. The digs are sited in the book for further inquiry.

An interesting aspect of those civilizations is there weren't any idols. No religious artifacts.

I know you're not inquiring about the flood but the information may help some.

Thank you I will look for that book.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, da_man1974 said:

Thank you I will look for that book.

I saw a few copies on Amazon a year or two ago. If you can't find one PM me and I'll send you a copy. My mother gave me an original a few years ago and liked it so I got another first addition and a paper back from Amazon.

Just now, Zemke said:

I saw a few copies on Amazon a year or two ago. If you can't find one PM me and I'll send you a copy. My mother gave me an original a few years ago and liked it so I got another first addition and a paper back from Amazon.

OK I will look