• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, jashley said:

I am so upset and hurt right now because this guy I thought was my friend was talking crap about me to a mutual friend and apparently is mad at me and won't talk to me about it. I hate it when people talk about me to mutual friends when they have an issue with or are mad at me but won't talk to me about it and instead avoid me. It's clear that there is nothing I can do if you won't talk to me but instead talk to others about me. My mutual friend had brought up that he and that guy got together because that guy wanted to talk to him about something and when I asked what it was he said he asked him not to talk about it to anyone else and that it was a sensitive subject. I asked is it about me and he said kind of, and I said is he mad about me and he said I dont know how to answer that. which I took to mean he was mad at me. Why? Why wouldnt he just talk to me about what his issue was with me instead of this other mutual friend. And not tell me?

It does not sound like this person is a friend.A fake friend is really quite common. You pray for them and then you walk away. The trust has been broken which is very damaging. Don't let it make you feel bad about yourself. It is the other person's issue.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, jashley said:

I am so upset and hurt right now because this guy I thought was my friend was talking crap about me to a mutual friend and apparently is mad at me and won't talk to me about it. I hate it when people talk about me to mutual friends when they have an issue with or are mad at me but won't talk to me about it and instead avoid me. It's clear that there is nothing I can do if you won't talk to me but instead talk to others about me. My mutual friend had brought up that he and that guy got together because that guy wanted to talk to him about something and when I asked what it was he said he asked him not to talk about it to anyone else and that it was a sensitive subject. I asked is it about me and he said kind of, and I said is he mad about me and he said I dont know how to answer that. which I took to mean he was mad at me. Why? Why wouldnt he just talk to me about what his issue was with me instead of this other mutual friend. And not tell me?

When they talk about their issues with you to others but avoid you so they can air out their issues with you in private, you're finding out who this person is. If they're talking bad about you to your friends and they don't shut that person down asap, you're finding out who your friends are not too. 

If it were me, I'd consider this person as doing me a huge favor. They're helping me to learn who I cannot trust in my circle. Starting with themselves, being they refuse to talk with you about their issues with you and find peace somehow. 

Let it all go. What others think about you is not in your control. 
I want friends around me that love and respect me. You should too. Because you're worth that. 
God Bless You. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, jashley said:

Perhaps the best thing to do is approach that person directly and ask them?  Too often people fail to communicate over simple misunderstandings and once the gossiping starts it snowballs from there into something larger than it ever should have been.