• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

10 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The dissension is on both sides.  It is not either/or.

I agree that the dissension is on both sides; but the rancor and spitefulness is not.  I disagree with YOU and yet we are not arguing.  It's all in how things are put forth.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

Can you think of a more fitting word than jerk to describe a man who pushes a smaller man out of his way so that he can be in the front row of a picture?

Oh my! LOL

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

I disagree with YOU and yet we are not arguing. 

I do not think I have ever had an issue with you MG. Even when we disagree. My beef is with a few people here whom I always seem to have a beef with. I won't name them but you are not on that list. :emot-headphones:

31 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I do not think I have ever had an issue with you MG. Even when we disagree. My beef is with a few people here whom I always seem to have a beef with. I won't name them but you are not on that list. :emot-headphones:

Thanks, LK.  No, you and I have never argued and that's much better than what I get from a few others, here AND in the real world which looks more like this....:fryingpan:

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

There has to be a reason why the other side views it differently.  That view was not conjured up out of thin air.  Is it not possible that the truth lies somewhere in the middle?  As a referee I see both sides saying "Yeah, but it's their behavior that is bad."  It is rare that such statements are true.

I will go so far as to agree that, with the state of American politics right now, emotions are running high and, yes, both sides of the divide need to tone it down.  Good grief, it's just politics.  I have to keep telling myself that too.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Can you think of a more fitting word than jerk to describe a man who pushes a smaller man out of his way so that he can be in the front row of a picture?

Actually, I can think of a few words. Go to You Tube and watch, Montenegro PM reveals how he felt to be 'shoved' by Trump. 

The Prime Minister wasn't offended at all. And he praised Donald Trump after that meeting. The Prime Minister also said that it is natural for the president of the United States to be at the front of such a photo. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I will go so far as to agree that, with the state of American politics right now, emotions are running high and, yes, both side of the divide need to tone it down.  Good grief, it's just politics.

We can become passionate because politics is part of what creates the rules in this world. 

I have to keep telling myself that too.

Me too. :)  Humans are passionate beings. 

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I agree that the dissension is on both sides; but the rancor and spitefulness is not.  I disagree with YOU and yet we are not arguing.  It's all in how things are put forth.

Great point. 

2 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

We can become passionate because politics is part of what creates the rules in this world. 

Me too. :)  Humans are passionate beings. 

Great point. 

Gotta hand it to you, AA; you're right on top of most things.  What is your favorite pizza?

8 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Actually, I can think of a few words. Go to You Tube and watch, Montenegro PM reveals how he felt to be 'shoved' by Trump. 

The Prime Minister wasn't offended at all. And he praised Donald Trump after that meeting. The Prime Minister also said that it is natural for the president of the United States to be at the front of such a photo. 

If one WANTS to see bad in everything, they will.  I prefer to look for the light and leave the dark behind me.  It makes the world a nicer place to be.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

True, there are other words but most of them are not allowed on this forum!  :laugh:

I have seen Markovic's response.  Markovic is a true statesman and responded as such.  In my opinion his response just further highlights the boorish nature of what Trump did.