thereaperman

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

when we die, do we go to heaven, or do we stay "dead" till the resurection when we come back to life to walk on the new earth? plus what happens when im cremated and dont have a body to rise up from the ground?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

2 Corinthians 5:8

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

it think that tells you lol, when we die there is no soul sleep we go to heaven or Hell right away!

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

When we die, we either go to heaven or hell, depending upon if we accept Christ before death. When we die phsyically, our flesh dies, but not our souls. When we go to heaven, we are given new bodies and we become perfect. We will then worship Jesus for all eternity. However, if one has not accepted Christ, that man will then die a spiritual death in hell where the worm dieth not and the fire is not quenched.

I am not completely sure how accurate this is.... as i donot have scripture to back it up at this point.... but i am sure that Jesus died on the cross for your sins so you can go to heaven and we are not garunteed another day. Can you recall a time in your life when you accepted Christ?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  97

i was 10 and at a christian camp, the one single most happy weekend of my life. im getting on better with god now, i pray first thing when i wake up, last thing at nite and all the points in between when i get a moment

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Amen 2 Cor 5:8. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. I don't believe in soul sleep either. So when we die we go either to heaven or hell depending on what we did with Christ. As for cremation that has nothing to do with it. We are going to get a new body. I'm going to be cremated too. See you in the air! Praise God.

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

my youth pastor told me that it was biblical to be buried in the ground, not cremated... still in need of askign him where he got that from......

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Yes, I believe we are with Jesus from the very moment of our death. Absent from the body, present with the Lord.

I don't think cremation is unscriptural at all. We will still have a resurrected body. What about all the people who died centuries ago? Their bodies are dust right now... no different than being cremated. I, for one, prefer to be cremated, if the Lord tarries.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59

I believe when we die, we sleep. Scripture is very clear to me on this.

All the OT talks about people "sleeping". Not raising to heaven. Hell is not eternal torment anyway. Hell is the grave. Messiah was in hell but it could not keep Him. Even in the NT it is very clear. Lazarus was not dead he was asleep (John 11:11) Yeshua is the first fruits of them that slept. The only one ascended into heaven.

1 Thes 4:14 them also which sleep in Jesus.

It really doesn't matter because if you are His then how close are you to seeing his face? The span of your lifetime because just like when you sleep, time will be not known to you. The next thing you will know is you will either be waking up to be with Yeshua or you will be waking up for the Great White Throne judgement.

Hopefully the first of the two.

Blessings,

Jen

Guest NewPilgrim

Rusty, with respect, I think your understanding of 2Cor 5:8 may be out of context. WHat the writer is speaking of is simply that there is a great desire to be with the Lord rather than to stay in the world as it is.

2Co 5:1
Edited by NewPilgrim

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings,

One point I see missing here is the timelessness of "eternity". When we step out of these bodies, there IS NO MORE TIME, at least nothing that we can understand. Our Mortal Minds just cannot fathom eternity:

Ecclesiastes 3:11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

Ecclesiastes 6:12 For who knoweth what is good for man in this life, all the days of his vain life which he spendeth as a shadow? for who can tell a man what shall be after him under the sun?

There is another verse, which I can't find right now and believe it is in Job, that declares that we cannot fathom the eternity of God.

If you regard:

Luke 9:30-31 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias: 31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

We are certain about Elijah going to heaven:

2 Kings 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

and we "might" take the following that Moses too was taken to heaven:

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

If you will notice, Moses and Elijah "appeared in their glory" so what can this mean but that they ALREADY HAD THEIR RESURRECTED BODIES?

REMEMBER, there is NO "time" with God, so to speculate either that we sleep or go immediately to be with the Lord is not a valid question. We must go with what the scriptures say.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie