IGNORED

Masterpiece Cakeshop Is Fighting For The First Amendment, Not Against Gay Marriage

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, Yowm said:

What I don't understand is why some 'christians' are quicker to defend ungodly laws (e.g. Gay marriage and abortion) than they are to defend the right of the Christian to stand by his God given (through the new birth and God's Word) conscience. It's like man's law takes precedence over God's Word.

It demonstrates a fundamental rejection of the authority of Scripture and an abandonment of godliness.   This is what you get after a decade or more of the secular world invading the Church and corrupting the Church's worldview.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, I am not turning it toward you. I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy inherent in your argument.  You have no problem with religious bigotry, which makes your argument void.

That's what I was referring to. Twisting what I said when religious bigotry is the whole point of the bakers supreme court pursuit. 

12 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Your idea of love is fallacious. We dont do as the world would do which is what you are purporting he do. Love is not always a soft hug but it is also a strong rebuke against those against Christ.   And yes, he does have the right to judge sin against God and the sinner has absolutely no ground to judge him! 

1 Corinth 2: 14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment. 16“For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.…

When someone implies I'm a demon , a lecture about bible understanding and love is impossible. 

12 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

"Free exercise of religion" is exactly what this baker is doing by NOT baking a cake that REPRESENTS SIN against God. 

Which btw; I didnt call you a name nor did I imply insult to you. 

The reason I posted this is because I am full aware of many people that have wrong understanding about the separation of church and state. I have witnessed countless people twist the first amendment out of ignorance especially younger generations that are liberals.  

Proverbs 19:11

Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.

As far as this particular  discussion,I think it is important for you to understand why defending the faith is of vital importance. Many are falling away or compromising . Christians are a peculiar people and what we do will not agree with the world. We MUST stand FIRM  as a witness to the world that narrow is the way and broad is the path to death.

Proverbs 27:5-6

Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy.

Psalm 119:165 

Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble.

Blessings :) 

Christians aren't the only one's that would be granted "free exercise" of religion were the supreme court to agree with this bakers argument. 

19 hours ago, Thallasa said:

I don't think that it is helpful to ones own soul to be forced to comply with , what is evidently.an open attack on ones conscience . In fact this kind of thing and how we deal with it , is how God is testing us .

God tests us? Yes, I'd agree. Love thy neighbor as thyself. It is a test. How is this baker doing in this particular instance? 

2 hours ago, Flowerwater said:

Christians aren't the only one's that would be granted "free exercise" of religion were the supreme court to agree with this bakers argument. 

Correct. In this case;other religions are not involved. I dont see the relevance of your observation to this  discussion.

2 hours ago, Flowerwater said:

When someone implies I'm a demon , a lecture about bible understanding and love is impossible. 

Can you point that out for me? Im having a hard time following what you are talking about.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings,I think there is a really big mis-understanding about thallasa's statement....

There's always demons present.   Oppressing the mind/ soul/ spirit.

There are demons present & she has not called any "person" a demon......it is the spirit of pride she recognizes,the spirit of division,the spirit of chaos,confusion,anger    She said there are FEW on WCF,I disagree,we are attacked by MANY here

Shall I go on? When members respond in an unkind,unloving ,name calling way it is not flesh & blood we wrestle with(members)...it is in FACT,principalities,ru9lers of darkness etc,,,,these are the demons that invade the thoughts of Christians......we have a choice to resist or comply,it does not mean anyone is being called "demon"

Thallasa reply was in response to simplejeffs quote of Scripture & what he said in reference to demons....With love-in Christ,Kwik

41 minutes ago, Flowerwater said:

God tests us? Yes, I'd agree. Love thy neighbor as thyself. It is a test. How is this baker doing in this particular instance? 

I see that fallacious worldly definition of love  again.  A christian honors and obeys the LORD in all circumstances. Period!   Compromising truth is not loving . The cake is a TOOL FOR CELEBRATION with the UNITY between two SODOMITES. Gods wrath is upon the gay that marries. They know it is wrong or at least one time their conscious accused them! Romans 1

Isaiah 5:2020Woe to those who call evil good, and goodevil; Who substitute darkness for light and lightfor darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweetand sweet for bitter! 21Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes And clever in their own sight!…

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

It's amazing what passes for Christian in this world.