Christ's Free Servant

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Someone in another thread brought up a point that got me thinking about something.

Why is it that people have all these disaster dreams and visions, yet no one can speak a prophetic word of the Lord to Scientific Athiest or Undecided Frog or FogLight? Are not these the unsaved you want to call to repentance?

Yet what prophetic words are there that will reveal the secrets of their hearts, "and so, falling down on [their] face, [they] will worship God and report that God is truly among you." (I Co. 14:25)?

Amen sis nebula,

This is the most "profound truth" that I have read in quite some time in this prophecy section. I think dreams lift up self but the Word of God pierces the darkness and reveals the secrets of their hearts as the word says it does and it edifies the body building it up but dreams don't build me up when I don't know what they mean and have to play guessing games to figure what God is supposingly saying through them. It is like speaking in tongues which is of no benefit if there is no interpreter present and it doesn't edify or build the body up at all. I do agree with this so so very much.

OC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Sue, thanks for starting this thread. I think it is the will of God that we be watching out as he commanded in Mat 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21.

I have been praying that the leadership of the churchs would repent. As I have studied their false doctrines, my heart has been vexed for them and their hearers. My prayer has been that they would return again to 1 Cor2:1And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

........and....1 Cor 1:17For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

As I was seeking the Lord concerning these things, I wondered.....how could so many leave the truth?.. he showed me something........he said "They have left the simplicity of the gospel and have chased after strange meat" .........and boom...it hit me. So many and myself included, was always taught to leave the milk and get to the meat........being in the WOF cult, we would study laws such as .......the laws of Prosperity.....the laws of creating your own reality..........the laws of the generational curse........and the like. These were outside or added to the Blood of Jesus and it happened so slowly and smoothly that I actually thought that I was becoming more enlightened. I thought that all these new revelations were moving me closer to God but I was really leaving the "Power of God" the preaching of "The Cross" because we were also taught that the cross of Christ was a defeat when in reality it was the victory!!!

There are many cults that have spawned off from the Bible and they all seem to start and are controlled by prophets. These prophets will usally tell the people not to "touch God's anointed" they try to place curses on people who would come against their teaching. And when your trying to please God, that stuff starts scaring you up into submission. So many of these prophets have prophecied things that never came to pass and even the opposite happened. The Bible tells us that when this happenes, we don't have to fear that prophet......yet so many of us want so bad for that prophet to be right, we will go to extremes to defend them because they have tickled our itching ears.

But to all who would truly seek the Lord, he has made their folly plain.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Jesus warned that many false prophets and teachers would lead many astray, even the elect if that were possible. We can see this today, and even within the church, or ones that think they are or claim to be Christians. The church had better wake up.

The question is: Are there any true prophets today?

Many of the verses you quoted are from the old testament, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that, however, some things have changed since then. The old testament was written to Israel, as the church was not born yet. Men did not have the Holy Spirit living in them then, as we do today. The prophets of old were the only ones to have the Holy Spirit. And if the Jews wanted a word from God, it would come from the prophets.

That was then, but this is now. Every born again believer today has the Holy Spirit living inside them and they have no need of listening to a so-called prophet. Jesus said that His sheep hear His voice. If this is so, which it is, then why would one of His sheep be trying to tune in to some self proclaiming prophet?

Hebrews 1:1-2

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, (2)but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

It is my belief that anyone who claims to be a prophet today is false. Jesus and His apostles were the last true prophets, that gave us the new testament. I don't believe the world will see any true prophets until they see the two witnesses in Jerusalem. One more thing, all of the true prophets, from both, the old and new testaments always had a physical connection to the city of Jerusalem.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Jesus warned that many false prophets and teachers would lead many astray, even the elect if that were possible. We can see this today, and even within the church, or ones that think they are or claim to be Christians. The church had better wake up.

The question is: Are there any true prophets today?

Many of the verses you quoted are from the old testament, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that, however, some things have changed since then. The old testament was written to Israel, as the church was not born yet. Men did not have the Holy Spirit living in them then, as we do today. The prophets of old were the only ones to have the Holy Spirit. And if the Jews wanted a word from God, it would come from the prophets.

That was then, but this is now. Every born again believer today has the Holy Spirit living inside them and they have no need of listening to a so-called prophet. Jesus said that His sheep hear His voice. If this is so, which it is, then why would one of His sheep be trying to tune in to some self proclaiming prophet?

Hebrews 1:1-2

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, (2)but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

It is my belief that anyone who claims to be a prophet today is false. Jesus and His apostles were the last true prophets, that gave us the new testament. I don't believe the world will see any true prophets until they see the two witnesses in Jerusalem. One more thing, all of the true prophets, from both, the old and new testaments always had a physical connection to the city of Jerusalem.

Prophets exist today, and they are among the most reviled. We need to love them and hear them. It is a difficult gift to bear, and many who have it hide it, and rightly so. Too bad.

Prophecy isn't simply prognosticating...it is revealing truth from the Word of God. My pastor prophesies every week.

Prophecy isn't simply prognosticating...it is revealing truth from the Word of God. My pastor prophesies every week.

I've heard that before too. Yes, we can all proclaim the word of God, but this in no way makes one a prophet. If it were so, then we would have no need of having God choose our spiritual gifts. We could choose our own spiritual gifts. I'd be very careful if I were you, there are many wolves standing in the pulpits today.

I've heard that before too. Yes, we can all proclaim the word of God, but this in no way makes one a prophet. If it were so, then we would have no need of having God choose our spiritual gifts. We could choose our own spiritual gifts. I'd be very careful if I were you, there are many wolves standing in the pulpits today.

Don't worry about me. A true man of God prophesies when he preaches.

Don't worry about me. A true man of God prophesies when he preaches.

I'm not worried, but do you have a scripture for that?

It's one thing to proclaim God's word, but it's another thing entirely to proclaim to be a prophet. These are not one and the same. Scripture please.

Revelation 19:10

Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said, "No, don