IGNORED

Do I have to be baptised in order to receive prayer answers?

LPTSTR

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/25/2017 at 0:55 AM, Davida said:

To get to the heart of the matter,  I think you need to investigate who Jesus truly is, how and why He was born, what His message & purpose for being born was/is , what His life was about & how He died and where He is now.  You will need to do your own work to understand the message of the Gospel & why Jesus Christ is called the Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

I know and understand this. But to me it's till even after knowing it all just a theory. Well I do believe in that but for some reason it still leaves me cold.  I have already accepted the fact that God has nothing for my life and my end is hell.  I know that it is the will of God for me because why else, after knowing it all I still dont have any real desire to follow Jesus...

On 8/25/2017 at 2:26 AM, other one said:

if you were truly reprobate then you would not give any of this a second thought.

Like I wouldnt doubt whether God would has given up on me but know it? Or that I wont be even asking for help here? Just having difficulty with this sentence as english isnt my first language, and this sentence is a bit unclear.

it might help for you to read the Bible several times and get a grasp of how it all fits together considering it was penned over thousands of years by several people and yet it all fits together and has from the beginning told people what would happen in the future....   and so far it's happened or happening...   that would have given me a pretty big push...

I have read it entirely 2 times and now am 3rd time. in addition I have read New Testament for 5 times or so. I have also read study guides and commentaries. So really lack of factual knowledge. In small groups I am no worse than others. I am sometimes even better at bible knowledge and understanding than someone who has been christian longer than me.  But this factual knowledge doesnt help me to hope on God.

when I met the devil..

How? When? What happened?

On 8/25/2017 at 10:06 PM, Bro.Tan said:

The fact that you are still breathing is a form of mercy from God.

But it's nothing special. Everyone who live are breathing. Even animals or people of whom God already knows that they are going to burn in hell. And btw, I would be much happier if tomorrow morning I wont be breathing anymore.

Now we have to do our part and first repent and change our ways of worldly thinking and become more spiritual minded.

Done this. Kinda relapsed to some sort of worldly thinking as nothing followed to when I did what you told me to.

Understand brothers and sisters that the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week, is included in the commandments as well.

I know. I go to church on that day. But I wish that God would still be like He was on old testament days. Then I would go to gather wood on sabbath day just to have God strike me dead.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You may never recognize any of your prayers being answered.  The all knowing knows.  Look at your blessings!  Baptism has only to do with obedience.  The thief on the cross was not baptised.  He made it.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

I know and understand this. But to me it's till even after knowing it all just a theory. Well I do believe in that but for some reason it still leaves me cold.  I have already accepted the fact that God has nothing for my life and my end is hell.  I know that it is the will of God for me because why else, after knowing it all I still dont have any real desire to follow Jesus...

Like I wouldnt doubt whether God would has given up on me but know it? Or that I wont be even asking for help here? Just having difficulty with this sentence as english isnt my first language, and this sentence is a bit unclear.

I have read it entirely 2 times and now am 3rd time. in addition I have read New Testament for 5 times or so. I have also read study guides and commentaries. So really lack of factual knowledge. In small groups I am no worse than others. I am sometimes even better at bible knowledge and understanding than someone who has been christian longer than me.  But this factual knowledge doesnt help me to hope on God.

How? When? What happened?

But it's nothing special. Everyone who live are breathing. Even animals or people of whom God already knows that they are going to burn in hell. And btw, I would be much happier if tomorrow morning I wont be breathing anymore.

Done this. Kinda relapsed to some sort of worldly thinking as nothing followed to when I did what you told me to.

I know. I go to church on that day. But I wish that God would still be like He was on old testament days. Then I would go to gather wood on sabbath day just to have God strike me dead.

It sounds like you are not fulfilled at all.   What drew you to GOD..........why did you come .  try and remember.

so often many come under the guise of a fleshly desire or ambition ..........that only leaves them empty.

When GOD draws you.......I promise its only to CHRIST , no other material reasons.    what church are you in now.

that may be part of the problem   Do they preach on material gains , wordly cares and pleausers in life..........that chokes the word.

none of that can fulfill us...............most sermons I went too left me so empty inside.  Because its focus what not on TRUTH

and GOD had put a hunger for truth on my heart.   Do you yearn for Truth , what do you desire in life.

before you desired to die.........

WHEN GOD drew me ........the only desire in my heart is the DESIRE to know HIM.............hunger for truth, tis still the same now

and nothing else can fill it.  ONLY TRUTH.  I have never had the joy , peace,   , NOT TILL HE drew me to the SON .  that is a hope and a hunger

for only Him and that truly fulfills the soul no matter what I have to suffer through ........just to know him more.   THAT is real hope and real joy and it abounds

no matter how harsh things get.

• Loved it! 1

16 hours ago, Davida said:

Perhaps you need to speak & seek some professional help , you might have depression.

Professional help can only help me with words. They cant bring prayer answers closer.

14 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

so often many come under the guise of a fleshly desire or ambition ..........that only leaves them empty.

What shall I do if that is answer to " What drew you to GOD..........why did you come .  try and remember. " ?

Do they preach on material gains , wordly cares and pleausers in life

no

Do you yearn for Truth , what do you desire in life.

before you desired to die.........

I wanted God and His truth. But I also kept praying to find wife. Years passed and no prayer answer received. I find that it's not loving from God.  God who is not loving should resign and give His throne to someone more worthy of it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/26/2017 at 1:29 AM, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

One guy told me that I have to be baptized in order to receive prayer answers when I was complaining that I have prayed to find wife for years and not received her. He told me that I should not expect my prayers be answered before I get baptised. According to my understanding, baptism is just a symbol of inward change. I would like to know what you think of it? Is it just an other false teaching or not? Is it required to receive prayer answers or not?

Beware private interpretations!

2 Peter 1:20–21 (AV)
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

• Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

Professional help can only help me with words. They cant bring prayer answers closer.

What shall I do if that is answer to " What drew you to GOD..........why did you come .  try and remember. " ?

no

I wanted God and His truth. But I also kept praying to find wife. Years passed and no prayer answer received. I find that it's not loving from God.  God who is not loving should resign and give His throne to someone more worthy of it.

Your desire to have a wife was greater than your desire for God and Truth.

He who loves mother, father son, daughter etc more than me is not worthy of me.   

What you Truly need to do is forsake the idea of a wife and go back after God with all the heart.

I have the joy of serving the Lord and plan to remain single , as I have done so for well over a decade.

I used to be such a whore monger , chasing everything, even other mens wives,

but God took all that evil nature and changed it with a whole new heart with whole new desires

and truly I have found great joy and happiness in just following and keeping His sayings. 

The good news is you never really knew him  .   Now I say that because NOW you have the chance to really come and truly serve the Lord.

The bad news is , IF you keep on this path , well you already know the bad news........and if we think suffering in this life is hard

its nothing compared to the lake of fire.    The thing is.........no matter what comes against me in this life

even the loss of all things, even punishments , or imprisonment or even death..............still I will have more joy ,more peace

than those who seemed to have it easy and even had billions of dollars.........still they will never in this life know the joy , nor peace I have

even in the worst of times for me, like in prison , still like the apostles I shall sing .........that is truly the PEACE that passes all understanding.

• Loved it! 1

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

What you Truly need to do is forsake the idea of a wife and go back after God with all the heart.

I have tried it few times but I have not been able to do it truly. Sooner or later I would feel the pressure of loneliness. And then feeling that God isnt doing anything about me robs my desire for Him.

As I mentioned before. My end is lake of fire and there is nothing I can do about it. I simply cant forshake the idea of finding wife. I have tried and failed.

Edited by LPTSTR

43 minutes ago, LPTSTR said:

I have tried it few times but I have not been able to do it truly. Sooner or later I would feel the pressure of loneliness. And then feeling that God isnt doing anything about me robs my desire for Him.

As I mentioned before. My end is lake of fire and there is nothing I can do about it. I simply cant forshake the idea of finding wife. I have tried and failed.

Quickly answer this .   Have you ever been married before  .   IF so what ended it.

12 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Quickly answer this .   Have you ever been married before  .   IF so what ended it.

No, I havent.

I did some pondering.  it all boils down to this.  EITHER you LOVE GOD or one loves the world.   And we just cant put anything before GOD.

you made the wrong choice.   and yes the end is not good.    But , remember this...............was it worth your soul.  

was having a wife worth your soul.     God was so merciful to you BY not giving you a wife, because you desired it above Him.

I truly pray you repent and realize nothing is worth your soul.   Cause if you think you suffering now , its far worse their .

and the thing is , once your their.......you will realize too little too late .............WHY on earth was anything worth my soul.  but then its too late.