• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Matthew 1:18 NKJV
[18] Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 3:16 NKJV
[16] When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

Matthew 4:1 NKJV
[1] Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Luke 2:27 NKJV
[27] So he came by the Spirit into the temple. And when the parents brought in the Child Jesus, to do for Him according to the custom of the law,

The Holy Spirit was present during Jesus' ministry, He just hadn't been given to His disciples to indwell until later...

John 7:37-39 NKJV
[37] On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. [38] He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." [39] But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

It would help your case if you cited one or two Scripture references, after all it is a matter of God's Word, not our own ideas.

First I want to compliment you for not chopping the post, and another important thing for not using the Quote, which does not followd the whole of the post, later on. 

Next before I deal with the issues at hand, and it is not the first time that I have noticed that you have use the word "your idea", and your need to demand scripture, for something that you may know from general knowledge that it's scripture based, and if it's sometimes it is put in a simple language, has not departed from the essence of the scriptures. 

They deviation from scripture comes not from a simple language, but when the use of dictionaries come into use, and are use to substitute critical words with others words that are use as steps to lead away from the substance which is in the scriptures in it self. 

If you think what I posted it's not scripture base you may bring this up for discussion. 

If you notice I never cherry pick parts of scripture to support a statement, this is not my style. 

The same thing the others use to discrit Paul, and Peter, even from the other disciples. 

What we don't understand we shouldn't call it idea, because it could also be an idea from JESUS CHRIST. 

I said what the scriptures said, I just repeat the words of Jesus, which the sister earlier posted from the Gospel of John 16: 13- 16. 

JESUS said the Holy Spirit from God , which the Father will send in my name to the world, and to you, has not come yet. 

As we know it came on the day of Penticost. 

I am empasizing this very specific situation. 

Later we learned from the other disciples more about the work of the Holy Spirit of the day of the Penticost, which baptized the disciples with fire for the Gospel, those people were on fired, they were moved by the Spirit, even the way Peter moved, in his mission to Kornilius family. 

The Holy Spirit of the day of Penticost which was given never before, it was for the ministry of the Savior, for the whole world, to witness to the whole world that indeed JESUS CHRIST has died for the sins of the whole world, and he is raised from the dead and he is the judge of all, every knee shall bow down to him. Both Moses, and Farrao. 

JESUS CHRIST knew all those Scriptures you have put forwards, but he did something you have refuse to do, jesus disdinguish the Holy Spirit of the day of Penticost, from the Holy Spirit that was working in the children of the old Mosaic Covenant. 

Even Paul said: have you about the Holy Spirit, and he said that to people who knew, the scriptures. 

So JESUS CHRIST must have known what he was talking about. 

When he said, the Holy Spirit has not come yet. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

To say (as you said in your post at the top of page #2) that the Holy Spirit was not present on earth during Christ's ministry and did not hear Christ's teaching or know what Jesus taught, is simply a denial of the Trinity. In essence, you are denying the omnipresence and omniscience of the Holy Spirit two essential attributes of God.

I read the scriptures very carefully even the ones you have posted, John 7:39, but, this He spoke conserning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive, for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because JESUS was not yet glorified. 

Thank you for the interaction. 

I am not the enemy,hope you can see it. 

I have always believed in Jesus Christ the Son of God, the Heavenl Father and the Holy Spirit. 

God bless. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Steve_K said:

How many "gospels" are there for pete's sake?

REVELATION 22:18-19  I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

The four gospels are the ONLY Gospels.

Like Paul say in 1 Corinthians 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! Nowadays many fail to preach the gospel of God's kingdom. Why? The bible teaches that Satan has deceived the whole world (Revelation 12:9). Jesus said that many would come preaching in his name and yet deceive many (Matthews 24:5). The second coming of Jesus is the Gospel...which means good news. In Revelation 1:Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. 8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. 

All over the bible, from the promise to Abraham in Genesis to the second coming of Jesus in Revelation, the Lord reveals that his kingdom will be on earth. However, the gospel teaches that Jesus will sit on a throne on the earth in Jerusalem. Even before he was born the angel Gabriel informed his mother, Mary of the fact, "...and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David and he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end" (Luke 1:32-33).

13 hours ago, Yowm said:

The Holy Spirit is God as much as the Son and Father.. All knowing, every where present.

Lets go into 1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. The record in heaven in this case is talking about the word of God, form Genesis to Revelation. Lets get other look at this in Revelation 1:

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Notice...Jesus Christ got the Revelation from God, then the revelation was past to the angel or Holy Ghost, afterwards was sent to John or man. So this is the order of how the Lord operates.

On 8/1/2017 at 11:01 PM, Yowm said:

All your passage is simply stating of the Revelation of God the Son (Jesus) which God the Father gave unto him...etc.

Try this irrefutable twosome...

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(Joh 1:1)

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (Joh 1:14)

Therefore the Word (Son of God) was made flesh (Jesus)

Well, the point of my passage was to show that there are three that bare record in heaven, and also who they are, and how the systems works between them all three. peace in Jesus name.

Jesus is called and known by many titles throughout the Bible and one of the most misunderstood title of Jesus is "King of Kings and Lord of Lords" (Revelation 19:16). Sure many people refer to this title and it is even recited in many prayers and gospel songs, but still few people have come to the knowledge of the truth concerning it. The simple truth is, every king has a throne and also subjects whom he rules over. However, our modern day preachers never mention these two things when it comes to Jesus. Maybe they think he is only a symbolic king. However, to the contrary, Jesus is a king in every sense of the word and will even rule over all other Kings, Lords, Princes, Ministers and Presidents. Where then is Jesus' throne and over what people will he reign? Before he was born the angel Gabriel told Mary this concerning her soon to be born son; "...and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: and he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever and of his kingdom there shall be no end." (Luke 1:32-33)

Like all other kings, Jesus will have a throne (David's throne) and a people to rule over (the house of Jacob which is the nation of Israel; Genesis 32:28). David's throne was in Jerusalem, so this is where Jesus will reign from. No wonder Jesus was continually called the son of David and he said himself that Jerusalem is the city of the Great King (Matthew 5:35). These facts concerning Jesus are all common to man, except that his kingdom will last forever. All of the Pharaohs set on a throne in Egypt and ruled over the Egyptian people. Although Alexander the Great conquered the world he still set on a throne in Greece and ruled over the Greeks. Even Donald Trump sits in the White House and rules over the American people.

When Jesus returns he will conquer the world and sit on a throne in Jerusalem ruling over Israel forever. (Daniel 7:13-14, 27) Now we should understand why from birth to death Jesus is called the King of the Jews (still meaning Israel because Jew comes from Judah, the fourth son of Jacob). When Jesus was born wise men came looking for him who is "born King of the Jews" (Matthew 2:1-2). When he died Pilate wrote a title on his cross, "Jesus of Nazareth the King of the Jews" (St. John 19:19). Even when questioned by Pilate before his death and asked if he were the King of the Jews, Jesus replied, "...to this end was I born? And for this cause came I into the world..." (St. John 18:33-37) You mean this is why Jesus was born? 

Today our preachers claim to preach the New Testament, but most of us have never heard these things concerning Jesus, which are all written in the New Testament. Nevertheless the Old Testament also has an abundance of scriptures concerning Jesus our king; (Isaiah 9:6-7) "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given...of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom..." (Isaiah 44:6) "Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel..." (Psalm 2:6) "Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion." (Zechariah 9:9) "Rejoice Greatly, O daughter of Zion; Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold thy King cometh unto thee.." (Micah 5:1-2) "...They shall smite the Judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek. But thou, Beth-lehem...out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel..." As you see, all the prophets spoke about Jesus being King and Micah even told us where he would be born. (Beth-lehem) Micah also let us know Jesus had to die first. (Smite the Judge of Israel). What most people have failed to realize is that Jesus, being like any other king, came (and will come again) to save his people (Matthew 1:21).

He came first to save us spiritually (from our sins) and the second coming will be a physical deliverance. (Luke 1:67-75) Jesus said himself that was he was only sent to "the lost sheep of the house of Israel" and he in turn only sent his apostles to the same (Matthew 15:24 and 10:6). Nevertheless, he made a way for everyone to be saved, if they join on to his people Israel. This is what happened when the Lord saved Israel out of Egypt, a mixed multitude left with them. Even the apostle Paul (an Israelite of course), whom Jesus later sent to the gentiles, said "The Jew first and then the Gentile (Romans 2:9-10). Any king of any people would do the same and that is save his people first. So you might ask, when will Jesus officially take office? Well, the apostles asked Jesus the same question before he ascended up to heaven. "Wilt thou at this time restore again the Kingdom to Israel" (Acts 1:6). Everyone in those days knew exactly what Christ was suppose to do, they just didn't understand the time frame. Notice Jesus didn't tell the disciple he wouldn't restore the kingdom to Israel, but instead told them it was not given them to know when. Jesus knew it wouldn't happen in the days of the apostles but instead in our days because Daniel 2:44 tells us that in the days of certain kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroy, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdom, and it shall stand forever (The European Economic Committee heads) the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed. Jesus at his second coming will fight the ten (10) leaders of the EEC and set his kingdom up forever (Revelation 17:12-14). With the second coming of Jesus will come the gathering of his people Israel and others who have joined on to Israel (Isaiah 56:8 ) Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rearward.  Lets take a look in John 10:16  And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/29/2017 at 8:18 PM, Bro.Tan said:

What is the gospel of Jesus? Is it merely the news that he was born in a manger? Is it confined to the miracles and healing Jesus did while walking the earth? Maybe it's simply the news of his death and resurrection? Well, all of these things are a part of the gospel, but the good news that Jesus preached is much more "... Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God" (Mark 1:14). This is the gospel of Jesus.

Nowadays many fail to preach the gospel of God's kingdom. Why? The bible teaches that Satan has deceived the whole world (Revelation 12:9). Jesus said that many would come preaching in his name and yet deceive many (Matthews 24:5). This is why pastors everywhere claim to be fulfilling the great commission (spreading the gospel all over the world), but never mention the coming of God's kingdom. Therefore, many people are deceived and have not heard the gospel of Jesus. Instead they hear and believe another gospel, which teaches that they are going to heaven. This is not the gospel of Jesus!

All over the bible, from the promise to Abraham in Genesis to the second coming of Jesus in Revelation, the Lord reveals that his kingdom will be on earth. This message is supposed to be good news to us, especially considering the condition of the world. We should be glad to know that God is going to straighten out the trouble and confusion that's presently in the world. Jesus even told us to pray for the fulfillment of his gospel, "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10). Jesus also warned us to repent (turn from our sins) and be prepared for the coming of his kingdom. If we truly believe the gospel, then we will obey God's commandments. "...The unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God" (I Corinthians 6:9). However, Jesus said the meek are blessed because they will inherit the earth (Matthew 5:5). Now why in the world would the meek want to inherit the earth if God is supposed to take us to heaven? Maybe the meek are not so blessed after all?! Yes, the meek are blessed because they will be on the earth, in God's kingdom. "...but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth" (Proverbs 10:30). Therefore, repent and believe the gospel (Mark 1:15). Jesus never promised to take us to heaven. As a matter of fact Jesus said that no man went up to heaven except he (speaking of himself) that came down from heaven (St. John 3:13). Jesus promised us we would dwell with him on the earth. That's right, Jesus is returning to establish the kingdom of God. If we have faith and obey him, we will rule with him on the earth, "And hast made us unto our God kings and priests; and we shall reign on the earth" (Revelation 5:10).

Some believe that Jesus will never actually come back to the earth, but will rule over the earth from heaven. However, the gospel teaches that Jesus will sit on a throne on the earth in Jerusalem. Even before he was born the angel Gabriel informed his mother, Mary of the fact, "...and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David and he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end" (Luke 1:32-33). King Israel,

David never ruled in heaven, but he sat on a throne on the earth in Jerusalem. According to the gospel, Jesus will do the same and he told us this very plainly saying, "Jerusalem...is the city of the great king" (Matthew 5:35). Now, if we intend to dwell with Jesus then where will we be? Sitting with him on his throne in Jerusalem. " To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne" (Revelation 3:21).

beautiful:) Your right everything points to Christ and the purposes of God in Christ. God through Christ has his people created in his image and made through Christ into his likeness. We do not yet know what we will be But when Christ returns we will be like Him:)

I so love John 17 everytime i get to verse 20 I know what my Lord prayed for all of us that believe the disciples. I know he asked to be in us, he wants us to be with him. He will help us to know our Father. He wants us to have eternal life with him.

17 Jesus spoke these things, looked up to heaven, and said:

Father,
the hour has come.
Glorify Your Son
so that the Son may glorify You,
for You gave Him authority
over all flesh;[a]
so He may give eternal life
to all You have given Him.
This is eternal life:
that they may know You, the only true God,
and the One You have sent—Jesus Christ.
I have glorified You on the earth
by completing the work You gave Me to do.
Now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence
with that glory I had with You
before the world existed.

Jesus Prays for His Disciples

I have revealed Your name
to the men You gave Me from the world.
They were Yours, You gave them to Me,
and they have kept Your word.
Now they know that all things
You have given to Me are from You,
because the words that You gave Me,
I have given them.
They have received them
and have known for certain
that I came from You.
They have believed that You sent Me.
I pray[b] for them.
I am not praying for the world
but for those You have given Me,
because they are Yours.
10 Everything I have is Yours,
and everything You have is Mine,
and I have been glorified in them.
11 I am no longer in the world,
but they are in the world,
and I am coming to You.
Holy Father,
protect[c] them by Your name
that You have given Me,
so that they may be one as We are one.
12 While I was with them,
I was protecting them by Your name
that You have given Me.
I guarded them and not one of them is lost,
except the son of destruction,[d]
so that the Scripture may be fulfilled.
13 Now I am coming to You,
and I speak these things in the world
so that they may have My joy completed in them.
14 I have given them Your word.
The world hated them
because they are not of the world,
as I am not of the world.
15 I am not praying
that You take them out of the world
but that You protect them from the evil one.
16 They are not of the world,
as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify[e] them by the truth;
Your word is truth.
18 As You sent Me into the world,
I also have sent them into the world.
19 I sanctify Myself for them,
so they also may be sanctified by the truth.

Jesus Prays for All Believers

20 I pray not only for these,
but also for those who believe in Me
through their message.
21 May they all be one,
as You, Father, are in Me and I am in You.
May they also be one[f] in Us,
so the world may believe You sent Me.
22 I have given them the gloryYou have given Me.
May they be one as We are one.
23 I am in them and You are in Me.
May they be made completely one,
so the world may know You have sent Me
and have loved them as You have loved Me.
24 Father,
I desire those You have given Me
to be with Me where I am.
Then they will see My glory,
which You have given Me
because You loved Me before the world’s foundation.
25 Righteous Father!
The world has not known You.
However, I have known You,
and these have known that You sent Me.
26 I made Your name known to them
and will make it known,
so the love You have loved Me with
may be in them and I may be in them.

• Loved it! 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  13,257
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, Yowm said:

All your passage is simply stating of the Revelation of God the Son (Jesus) which God the Father gave unto him...etc.

Try this irrefutable twosome...

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(Joh 1:1)

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (Joh 1:14)

Therefore the Word (Son of God) was made flesh (Jesus)

pbpwmginfwmy.       I have noticed this at the bottom of your page.   What is it yown.