• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Can you send out lightnings, that they may go, and say to you, “Here we are!”?’
 Job 38:35 NKJV

The Bible predicted modern telecommunications. Does that sound incredible to you? If so, consider this verse: ‘Can you send out lightnings, that they may go, and say to you, “Here we are!”?’ 

Fifteen hundred years before Christ, in the book of Job, God said light could be sent, and manifest itself in speech. And along those same lines, did you know that all electromagnetic radiation—from radio waves to X-rays―travels at the speed of light (about 300,000 km per second)?

That’s what gives us instant wireless communication with someone on the other side of the world.

The fact that light can be sent and translated into speech wasn’t discovered by science until 1864—nearly 3,300 years later—when British scientist James Clerk Maxwell suggested that electricity and light waves were two forms of the same thing.

Samuel Morse, who invented the first telegraph and forever changed the world of communication, was a Bible-believing Christian.

A few years before he died, he said, ‘The nearer I approach the end of my pilgrimage, the clearer is the evidence of the divine origin of the Bible. The grandeur and sublimity of God’s remedy for fallen man are more appreciated, and the future is illuminated with hope and joy.

"The Word For Today" - Bob Gass

https://vision.org.au/the-word-for-today/

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

"Only in recent years has science discovered that everything we see is composed of invisible atoms. Here, Scripture tells us that the "things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. Medical science has only recently discovered that blood-clotting in a newborn reaches its peak on the eighth day, then drops. The Bible consistently says that a baby must be circumcised on the eighth day.  At a time when it was believed that the earth sat on a large animal or a giant (1500 B.C.), the Bible spoke of the earth’s free float in space: "He...hangs the earth upon nothing" (Job 26:7). The prophet Isaiah also tells us that the earth is round: "It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22). This is not a reference to a flat disk, as some sceptic maintain, but to a sphere. Secular man discovered this 2,400 years later. At a time when science believed that the earth was flat, is was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around the world (see Proverbs 3:6 footnote)".

images.jpg

Edited by Karen Reck

• Group:  Royal Member

‘He… sits above the circle of the earth.’
Isaiah 40:22 NKJV

The Bible tells us the earth is round. ‘It is He who sits above the circle of the earth.’ The word circle comes from a Hebrew word which can also be translated as ‘circuit’. The book of Isaiah was written about seven hundred years before the birth of Christ. That’s at least three hundred years before Aristotle suggested in his book On the Heavensthat the earth might be a sphere. Another two thousand years later, at a time when ordinary people believed the earth was flat, Christopher Columbus was inspired by Scripture sail around the world. He wrote: ‘It was the Lord who put it into my mind… I could feel His hand upon me… There is no question the inspiration came from the Holy Spirit because He comforted me with rays of marvellous illumination from the Holy Scriptures’ (from the diary of Christopher Columbus, in reference to his discovery of the New World).

The Bible teaches oceanography. In the nineteenth century, Matthew Fontaine Maury, who is called the ‘Father of Modern Oceanography and Naval Meteorology’, read the words of David describing ‘paths of the sea’ (Psalm 8:8). 
He said, ‘If God said there are paths in the sea, I am going to find them.’ Today we’re indebted to his discovery of the warm and cold ocean currents. His book on oceanography remains a basic text on the subject and is still used in universities. So next time you meet someone who questions the accuracy of the Scriptures, smile graciously and tell them how the Bible has been the basis of historical exploration and scientific discovery.

‘In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.’
 Genesis 1:1 NKJV

To say that true science and the Bible are contradictory is simply not so. If there’s even one chance in a million that God, Heaven and hell are true, wouldn’t you want to know? After all, one day you’re going to die. What then? And furthermore, since our children and grandchildren are increasingly exposed to secular teaching, don’t you want to be able to answer their questions when they come home from school or college, and steer them in the right direction? Well, guess what? The more science advances, the more it’s evident the Bible has been true all along! For the next few days let’s talk about it:

(1) The Bible tells us the earth floats in space. There was a time when people believed it sat on a large animal or giant. Seriously! But fifteen hundred years before Christ, the patriarch Job said,‘He… hangs the earth on nothing.’ (Job 26:7 ESV) Think about that: you can’t even hang your hat on nothing! The fact is, science didn’t discover that the earth hangs upon nothing until AD 1650.

(2) The Bible tells us the earth is composed of atoms. ‘By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen are not made of things which are visible.’ (Hebrews 11:3 NKJV) Only in recent years has science discovered that everything we see is composed of things we can’t see—namely, invisible atoms. Yet the Bible, written more than two thousand years ago, said it was so. Now, the Bible doesn’t need science to prove that it’s true—it just so happens that it does

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,626
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Fun stuff, BUT it is risky to pin the hope of the Bible on science.

For the reveal of Jesus which the Bible is, does not rely on science. It has nothing to do with science. It has all to do with the awesome power of God. Forcing the Bible to be a book of science would have me forced to belief that leaves clap, as example. And that the stones will cry out. Now God can will what God will, but in general the leaves they do not clap, and the rocks they do not cry at all.

The Law of Moses within it's various provisions and in some cases perceived benefits to the flesh is sometimes used to justify  science, when it seems convenient to do so anyway. Example: the idea that  a babe's blood clots fastest on the eighth day. Okay  to accept that scientifically, but that does not have anything to do with  faith,  nor with circumcision having to be done on the eighth day of life. Many men were circumscised physically as adults, as is told in the Bible. Plus many were never circumcised physically in the flesh at all. Nor is circumsicion necessary to faith at all, as is also shared in the Bible. For God honors circumcision of the heart- which is not a scientifically provable fact at all. 

The Bible is not a book of science! It is a reveal of God the Son manifested in the flesh  to come and reclaim many from the  curse from God the Father over Adam and his descendants. Saints in Christ Jesus are called to their redemption through the agency of God the Holy Spirit. That is not a scientifically duplicable feat.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

We do need to be very careful about all of this.    Science may be able to show evidence of Godswork, but it will never lead one to Christ.

it will however lead to the concept of God , but not as god..........but as who men think he is , or should be like.     I have long fled science.

I do not need it to confirm my faith.   Most may use it , perhaps so as they can not seem DUMB for just having blind faith.

Me , I already know the world will think I am just foolish and dumb, and I wear it as a badge of honor.   For the wisdom of this world IS foolishness with GOD.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, HisFirst said:

‘He… sits above the circle of the earth.’
Isaiah 40:22 NKJV

The Bible tells us the earth is round. ‘It is He who sits above the circle of the earth.’ The word circle comes from a Hebrew word which can also be translated as ‘circuit’. The book of Isaiah was written about seven hundred years before the birth of Christ. That’s at least three hundred years before Aristotle suggested in his book On the Heavensthat the earth might be a sphere. Another two thousand years later, at a time when ordinary people believed the earth was flat, Christopher Columbus was inspired by Scripture sail around the world. He wrote: ‘It was the Lord who put it into my mind… I could feel His hand upon me… There is no question the inspiration came from the Holy Spirit because He comforted me with rays of marvellous illumination from the Holy Scriptures’ (from the diary of Christopher Columbus, in reference to his discovery of the New World).

The Bible teaches oceanography. In the nineteenth century, Matthew Fontaine Maury, who is called the ‘Father of Modern Oceanography and Naval Meteorology’, read the words of David describing ‘paths of the sea’ (Psalm 8:8). 
He said, ‘If God said there are paths in the sea, I am going to find them.’ Today we’re indebted to his discovery of the warm and cold ocean currents. His book on oceanography remains a basic text on the subject and is still used in universities. So next time you meet someone who questions the accuracy of the Scriptures, smile graciously and tell them how the Bible has been the basis of historical exploration and scientific discovery.

Some don't realize that.   But I have long said it too.  OLD CHRIS must have read that bible .   IT DID say that,

When Christopher set sail, he did not set sail TO AMERICA , no he thought he was going to go in a BIG CIRCLE and END UP and the Danish west indies

HENCE Indians got their name.   The book most despise..................HAS ALWAYS BEEN TRUTH

https://vision.org.au/the-word-for-today/2017/08/09/science-and-the-bible-4/

Science and The Bible 4

‘To the place from which the rivers come, there they return again.’
Ecclesiastes 1:7 NKJV

The Bible talks about the water cycle. 
‘All the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea is not full; to the place from which the rivers come, there they return again.’Every second the Mississippi River dumps approximately 18.5 million litres of water into the Gulf of Mexico. And when you think about the Thames, the Nile and the Amazon, every day the same thing is happening in rivers all around the world. So, where does all that water go? The answer lies in the hydrologic cycle, which the Bible introduced almost three millennia ago. The wise King Solomon wrote, ‘If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth.’(Ecclesiastes 11:3 KJV) Amos the prophet said, ‘He… calls the waters of the sea, and pours them out on the face of the earth.’ (Amos 9:6 NKJV) And Job’s friend Elihu said, ‘Behold, God is great… He draws up drops of water, which distil as rain from the mist, which the clouds drop down and pour abundantly on man.’(Job 36:26–28 NKJV) The idea of a complete water cycle was not fully understood by science until the seventeenth century. Yet more than two thousand years prior to the discoveries of brilliant minds like Pierre Perrault, Edme Mariotte, Edmond Halley and others, the Bible clearly explained the water cycle. The truth is, your Bible is inspired, inerrant, reliable and more up-to-date than tomorrow morning’s newspaper. Every newspaper has a correction column acknowledging its printed errors. Not the Bible! You can trust it to guide you right in every area of your life.

SoulFood: 1 Chr 10:1–12:22, Mark 3:20–35, Ps 119:33–40, Prov 20:28–30

I'm not saying seek science  to prove the Bible  - I'm seeing that science Confirming what the Bible has already stated about how the natural operates.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

On 8/7/2017 at 0:42 PM, HisFirst said:

Can you send out lightnings, that they may go, and say to you, “Here we are!”?’
 Job 38:35 NKJV

The Bible predicted modern telecommunications. Does that sound incredible to you? If so, consider this verse: ‘Can you send out lightnings, that they may go, and say to you, “Here we are!”?’ 

Fifteen hundred years before Christ, in the book of Job, God said light could be sent, and manifest itself in speech. And along those same lines, did you know that all electromagnetic radiation—from radio waves to X-rays―travels at the speed of light (about 300,000 km per second)?

That’s what gives us instant wireless communication with someone on the other side of the world.

The fact that light can be sent and translated into speech wasn’t discovered by science until 1864—nearly 3,300 years later—when British scientist James Clerk Maxwell suggested that electricity and light waves were two forms of the same thing.

Samuel Morse, who invented the first telegraph and forever changed the world of communication, was a Bible-believing Christian.

A few years before he died, he said, ‘The nearer I approach the end of my pilgrimage, the clearer is the evidence of the divine origin of the Bible. The grandeur and sublimity of God’s remedy for fallen man are more appreciated, and the future is illuminated with hope and joy.

"The Word For Today" - Bob Gass

https://vision.org.au/the-word-for-today/

Job 38:35 is talking about lightning being under the control of God and not man. I ignore what scientists have to say and focus 100% on God.