• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, JimmyAk said:

In addition, the reason some individuals do not receive permanent solutions to their problems is that they are seeking for it from the wrong source, rather than from the Word of God. Can you imagine a person receiving instructions from an expert motorcyclist when attempting to fly an air plane? But for the grace of God, it might be a catastrophic experience. 

I agree...today we are living in a world where up is not up and down is not down. Every thing so twisted.  Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it. (jeremiah 6:19) 

The Dietary Law: Read the whole 11th chapter of Leviticus. I'll only put up a few verses. "And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them, "Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, these are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth." Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is cloven-footed, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat. Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you. And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you. And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you. And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven-footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth: To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten.” (Leviticus 11:1-10, & 46-47)

Manners and Righteousness: and the LORD spake unto Moses saying, "Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy." Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my Sabbaths: I am the LORD your God. Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the LORD your God. And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field; neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest. And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger:  I am the LORD your God.

Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another. And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning. Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumbling block before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD. Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour. Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times. Ye shall not round the corners of your heads; neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard. Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness. Ye shall keep my Sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD. Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God. Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD.” (Leviticus 19:1-4, 9-18, & 26-32)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

On 8/7/2017 at 7:50 PM, Bro.Tan said:

Everything that is made comes with a set of instructions. Whether it is home appliances, toys, automobiles, pet accessories, clothing, food, etc. Man is no different. Man was created by God and given an instruction manual, that if read and followed carefully, he would be able to make the best of his life given him on earth. Man's instruction manual is called the Bible. The definition of Bible from World Scope Encyclopedia reads: "The book held by Christians and Jews to contain the word of God and to be of divine authority. The word Bible is derived from Medieval Latin,"biblia" in the singular number, and means a book. The Greek form of the word is a plural and means books. As commonly used it signifies the book, in comparison with which other books or writings are unworthy; or if they be called books, then the Bible becomes the book of books. The Latin word scriptura = writing, scripturae = writings, convey the idea that the scriptures are the only writings worthy of being called writings; therefore, they are of higher standing than all other books.”  

With that established, let me say that any knowledge that man has of God he got it out of the Bible. All preachers preach, or teach their congregations from the Bible. If you really look close, you will see that all of man's laws have the Ten Commandments as their foundation. Now before we go any further, let's establish this very important point. "Knowing this first that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” (2Peter 1:20-21)

Also, let me show you that God's word is contained in a book. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success". (Joshua 1:8) "Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read". (Isaiah 34:16)

"The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book". (Jeremiah 30:1-2) "In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans; In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.” (Daniel 9:1-2) "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.” (Revelation 22:18-19)

Let's look and see what the writings in the Bible are good for. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” (2Timothy 3:16-17)

cell phones do not come with instructions any more. they used to not now.

God's Holy Days: "And the LORD spake unto Moses saying, "Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts." Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the Sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings. These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S Passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the first fruits of your harvest unto the priest: And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it. And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the Sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven Sabbaths shall be complete: Even unto the morrow after the seventh Sabbath shall ye numberfifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD. And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute forever in all your dwellings throughout your generations. And the LORD spake unto Moses saying, "Speak unto the children of Israel saying, in the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a Sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation." Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a Day of Atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God. For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people. And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people. Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. It shall be unto you a Sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your Sabbath. And the LORD spake unto Moses saying, "Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, the fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the LORD." On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: on the eighth day shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: it is a solemn assembly; and ye shall do no servile work therein. These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day.” (Leviticus 23:1-7, 9-11, 15-16, 21, & 23-37) 

Women not permitted to teach in the Pulpit: "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety". (1Timothy 2:11-15) "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.” (1Corinthians 14:33-35)

Work out your own Salvation: "Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling". (Philippians 2:12) Study to show thyself approved: "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2Timothy 2:15)

In conclusion, the Word of God contained in the Bible is the only truth that can get man salvation. This is our instruction manual. Please read it so that you can become a vessel of Honor in the house of the Lord. "The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.” (Ecclesiastes 12:10, & 13-14)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Sorry, no the Bible is not an instruction manual. And it should not be used as  a list of do's versus don'ts nor provide excuse for demanding of other what one fails to be able to do themselves in the way  of worship of God.

In  one sentence  here is a statement  declaring what the Bible is: "The Bible is the scarlet thread of redemption"

To quote from W.A. Criswell's introduction; "The Bible is a book of redemption. It is that  or it is nothing at all. It is not a book of history, science, anthropology, or cosmogony. It is  a book of salvation and deliverance for lost mankind. The idea in the word "redemption" is twofold: it refers to a deliverence; and it refers to the price paid for that deliverance, a ransom. We are redeemed from the penalty of sin and from the power of Satan and evil by the price Jesus paid on the cross for us; and we are redeemed to a new freedom from sin, to a new relationship to God, and to a new life by the appropriation of that atonement for our sins. 

The whole of the Bible whether the Old Testment or the New Testament, looks to the mighty redemptive atonement of Christ. His blood sacrifice is the ransom paid for our deliverance. He took our sinful nature upon  Himself in order that  He might satisfy the demands of the Law. His sacrifice is accepted as the payment for the debt the sinner owes to God, and His death is accepted as the full payment for man's deliverance.

Our Lord's redemptive work for us is threefold: (1) It is closely associated with forgiveness since we receive forgiveness through the redemptive price of Christ's death. (2) It involves justification since the deliverance establishes us in a restored position of favor before God. (3) It promises final deliverance from the power of sin at the coming of the Lord. The story of this redemption is 'the Scarlet Thread  Through  The Bible' "

That is the introduction, from there the 'sermon' or text shares the seven facets of the redemption from creation to the apocalypse and consumption of the age.The full text is available  with the Criswell study Bible and perhaps  in part online through the various speakers that  have borrowed the fuller text.

For my own part; I reject the idea that the Bible is a mechanic's aid, an instruction  manual. And that all things come with instruction manuals. No they do not! And the Bible is not that at all! Nor should it be used to beat individual's over the head with rules and with guilt, because salvation is not born of instructions followed. It is born of hearing the Holy Spirit's specific call to  repentance and the reveal of Jesus that is the Bible which is spiritually discerned.  without the Holy Spirit the Bible may just as well be a mechanic's volumous instruction manual handed over to  a person that does not understand "lefty loosey, righty tighty". It will have no more use to a person  than a mechanic's manual will to a person that does not have any knowledge of things mechanical nor how to use or repair them.

A  saint may shout all the rules he has decided is of the Bible he wants, to as many as he wants, he will not bring salvaton to a one.

Man does not save, Jesus redeems, saves through the comforter the Holy Spirit, and through the word of the Bible spiritually discerned  by the indwelled saint in Christ Jesus. I tis for the saints to lend testimony and share of the Gospel of Jesus.

The saved out of fallen mankind do share of the awesome love from Jesus. They are not told to shout as the accuser shouts, proclaiming the wrath of God the Father upon the descendants of Adam without hope. The saved have hope that is certain, that is found in Christ alone, through God's mercy alone. No one wins the soul of another, and especially not by beating up others with fear and with demands of instructions and Laws that reveal only death without hope.

There is joy in Christianity! There is hope, hope certain in the love from God that is the scarlet thread of redemption, the redemption given  the saints through Christ.

Anyway, that is this saint's opinion for whatever little it may be worth. I shall  enjoy the mercy and grace extended to me by God. He is awesome God whom I fear and enjoy both with deep appreciation born of the Holy Spirit's agency  of indwelling me a mere man  saved by grace alone.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/7/2017 at 7:50 PM, Bro.Tan said:

Everything that is made comes with a set of instructions. Whether it is home appliances, toys, automobiles, pet accessories, clothing, food, etc. Man is no different. Man was created by God and given an instruction manual, that if read and followed carefully, he would be able to make the best of his life given him on earth. Man's instruction manual is called the Bible. The definition of Bible from World Scope Encyclopedia reads: "The book held by Christians and Jews to contain the word of God and to be of divine authority. The word Bible is derived from Medieval Latin,"biblia" in the singular number, and means a book. The Greek form of the word is a plural and means books. As commonly used it signifies the book, in comparison with which other books or writings are unworthy; or if they be called books, then the Bible becomes the book of books. The Latin word scriptura = writing, scripturae = writings, convey the idea that the scriptures are the only writings worthy of being called writings; therefore, they are of higher standing than all other books.”  

With that established, let me say that any knowledge that man has of God he got it out of the Bible. All preachers preach, or teach their congregations from the Bible. If you really look close, you will see that all of man's laws have the Ten Commandments as their foundation. Now before we go any further, let's establish this very important point. "Knowing this first that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” (2Peter 1:20-21)

Also, let me show you that God's word is contained in a book. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success". (Joshua 1:8) "Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read". (Isaiah 34:16)

"The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book". (Jeremiah 30:1-2) "In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans; In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.” (Daniel 9:1-2) "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.” (Revelation 22:18-19)

Let's look and see what the writings in the Bible are good for. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” (2Timothy 3:16-17)

amen

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:14 AM, Reinitin said:

amen