• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/29/1984

So how do we speak "gospelese" to a lost person?

Paul says in Romans that he is not ashamed of the GOSPEL which is the power of God for salvation, but what is "the gospel"?

I have an idea but I want to hear some other responses first.
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, ByTheSpirit said:

Paul says in Romans that he is not ashamed of the GOSPEL which is the power of God for salvation, but what is "the gospel"?

IT is YOU.  I just seen this BY the SPIRIT on the other christain forums.   Be blessed and praise the Lord.

keep reaching out and encouraging the peoples.  Just speak as the SPIRIT leads.  that is how we speak the gospel .  we live it and we tell it . amen.

Well gospel means Good news.  thus the gospel is That Christ has paid the price of our sins. and that we must believe in HIM and Follow HIM all the days of our life.

That he came to set us free from the power of sin . a new creature.  Sing this to them .  Jesus is the ONLY way , and no other name can save a soul.

interfaith might rage war against us in time.  but the god of interfaith aint my god.  GOD is and ONLY the SON CHRIST JESUS can reveal the FATHER to us. 

SO sing it peoples..................sing that song and do good to all. 

• Loved it! 1

My view of "THE GOSPEL" is this:

It is a message:
God came down as a man, in Jesus. He suffered and died for our sins. He was buried and raised to life on the third day, bringing reality to the future resurrection. Those who have faith in Him will live forever with him in God's Kingdom.

It is a lifestyle:
God created man for fellowship. As already hinted at, we were made to know God, obey God, and love God. Adam's sin brought an impasse to this relationship. Man had become an enemy to God. But those who have faith in Christ are restored to that original state of being and are made able to know God, obey God and love God.  

It is for this reconciliation that Jesus came. So that we, God's most prized possession and creation, could once again enjoy his presence and fellowship. Only those who continue to believe in Jesus have the reality though.

• Loved it! 1

Praise the Lord all who love the Lord , yeah I say praise the Lord.   Sing it and lift those hands high unto the Lord .

I know harsh times against us are on the way, but this life is but a vapor , but for all who endure faithful to the end

those will forever be with the Lord.  And our walk starts on day one with our Lord.  But again harsh times

will come against the few who resist the all inclusive lie that all who are not in the lambs book will believe as

the dark one who comes will lead them into the last hour which this is leading them too.  And truly

they will believe they do this god of love and all inclusivitys will , they will see themselves as servants of God

and us as haters who have no place in their utopian one world hug interfaith society.

I see this dark spirit at work in the world huge.  From religion, from news, from leaders , its seen

in events , triatholons , just more and more this all inclusive message is expaniding.   It seems like love

to the ones under its spell.  But it will have no place for an gospel that does NOT INCLUDE , that says JESUS is the only way.

people, even churches , religions will just see it as hate to exclude people like that , by saying No, you must repent , only those

who believe in JESUS and follow him will be saved.  They will see it as an attack upon their earth family. this love is all wrong , it honors man < NOT GOD, NOT CHRIST

and I shall have nothing to do with it .  not a thing , not a thing.   ONLY JESUS saves and sin is still sin , and ONLY JESUS can save and change a heart.

• This is Worthy 1

12 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

"Gospel" is "Good News" in Greek. The good news is that our wages of sin, which is death, has been commuted by Jesus taking our place. The Christian's ministry is teach reconciliation man with God.

2 Corinthians 5:17-21 (KJV)
Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.  Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.  For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.  

Is it only a message though?  If not what else is the gospel?

19 minutes ago, Yowm said:

The same author of Romans tells us point blank in 1Corinthians...

Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,
(1Co 15:1-4)

The Gospel is truly the Good News of what God has done for mankind. We are called to believe it.

AMEN PEOPLES AMEN.    SING IT , this is THE GOOD NEWS.   and let no man steal your reward by saying allah saves and budda saves and we one big earth family in interfaith.

JESUS is the only way , The ONLY way.............the O   N    L    Y     way one is saved.  The O   N    L   Y  name under heaven whereby any can be saved.

Kick that false gospel of interfaith right back to the lies of darkness from whence it sprang peoples........and rise up and proclaim JESUS as the ONLY WAY .

and also that JESUS aint no minsitir of sin.  IF a man walks on in darkness HE KNOWS NOT CHRIST and if he KNOWS not CHRIST he KNOWS not the Father .

• Loved it! 1

Peter also explains a part of the gospel that even paul made mention of , yet it sure aint heard in the churches today.

JESUS came to set the captives free.   FREE...............oh yes.............FREE FROM THE BONDAGE OF SIN.   For whom the SON sets free is free.

and a servant of sin is not free, but in bondage to sin.

Let peter say a bit.................He took our sins in his own body upon the TREE..................that we being DEAD to sins. SHOULD LIVE UNTO RIGHTEOUS

YES BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED.....................SING IT PEOPLES < SING IT ......................

or as pual once said................being then made free from sin, ye became servants to RIGHTEOUNSS

and the very definition of GRACE confirms this.................for the grace of GOD has appeared to all, TEACHING us to DENY ungodliness and worldy lusts

to be living soberly Righteously and godly in this present world............SING IT PEOPLES............now

I leave us with one more word from paul................AWAKE TO RIGHTEOUSESS and SIN NOT........................and those who are Christs have crucified the affections of the flesh.

and let all who name the name of Christ depart from inquity.......................sing it peoples ...................JESUS SETS the captives FREE ..................amen.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

It is recorded that the gospel of Jesus was spoken directly by Him.

"I am the way,  the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father except through Me."

The conversation recorded as John 14 declares the gospel of Jesus as shared by Jesus.

The truth is there are not many ways to God, there is one way, that is through Jesus alone.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

19 hours ago, ByTheSpirit said:

The gospel is the power of God for salvation to all who believe first to the Jew and then to the Gentiles. 

I think first we need to be led by the Spirit in our testimony of Christ. Because different people have different obsticles. With out the Spirit of the Lords power, a true witness of the Lord Jesus Christ or the heavenly seed your not bringing access to Gods kingdom to men. 

But the ABC's for recieving salvation are;

All men have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. (you may have to break down sin, judgment, righteousness and refute arguments about sins hold, death, hell and the grave,etc). when prompted by the Lord we give the instruction.

Admit
Admit to God that you are a sinner. All persons need salvation. Each of us has a problem the
Bible calls sin. Sin is a refusal to acknowledge God’s authority over our lives. Everyone who does
not live a life of obedience to the Lord and is guilty of sin. “For all have sinned and fall short
of the glory of God” (Rom. 3:23). Since none of us is perfect, all of us are sinners (Rom. 3:10-
18).
The result of sin is spiritual death (Rom. 6:23). Spiritual death means eternal separation from
God. By God’s perfect standard we are guilty of sin and therefore subject to the punishment for
sin, which is separation from God. Admitting that you are a sinner and separated from God is
the first step of repentance, which is turning from sin and self and turning toward God.

But, God who is rich in kindness and mercy made a way for us through Christ. I like to show them in John 17 what Jesus prayed for them if they believe that He wants them to see him in Glory, He wants them to be where he is, he promises to be in them. they don't have to look into the heavens a pray to a God sin has seperated them from or one who is hid from them. He will be in you. You wont go through anything without Him. So

Believe
Believe in Jesus Christ as God’s Son and receive Jesus’ gift of forgiveness from sin. God loves
each of us. God offers us salvation. Although we have done nothing to deserve His love and sal-
vation, God wants to save us. In the death of Jesus on the cross, God provided salvation for all
who would repent of their sins and believe in Jesus. “For God so loved the world that he gave
his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John
3:16).

Considering unless the Lord has quickened me, I have no idea how much guilt and shame a person has or how isolated they may be by areas of hidden sin. so i walk very compassionatly into this and let them know the blood was not only His sacrafice for our sin but also to remove our guilt and shame and so he can be light and love in all those self lothing places in our soul and we can boldy approach His throne of grace. I also show them how the Holy Spirit fully cleanses so we can approach God and its a fellowship of our walk he doesnt damn us over our sin when he exposes it. Its because he is ready to walk us through a victory in that area of our life using our fellow ship with Him and our brothern who are going through the same renewing of our minds and our spirits. Confession isnt embracing your guilt and punishing yourself with it. its humbling yourself so Jesus can walk with you and instruct you. confession will be part of our fellowship with the Lord our whole life in the flesh. Usually after the Lord has opened there Spirit with Joy they now have a witness of His Spirit that they are a child of God. After the witness of the Holy Spirit I give His command to be baptised and with joy and a Spirit that cry's abba father. they confess Jesus as Lord.

Confess
Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord to others. After you have received Jesus
Christ into your life, share your decision with another person. Tell your pastor or a Christian
friend about your decision. Following Christ’s example, ask for baptism by immersion in your
local church as a public expression of your faith. “If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is
Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is
with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess
and are saved” (Rom. 10:9-10).

I never forget to give them Roman's 10:13 who so ever calls upon the Name of the Lord Shall be saved". So the Holy Spirit can bring it to there rememberance when the cares of the world and doubt floods their mind.

Edited by Reinitin
  • Loved it! 3