Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Living in denial is never hard.  It's the consequences down the road that are going to be a bear.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I think everyone, at some point in their life, asks themselves life's questions. I sure did.

1. Who am I, really?

2. Where am I going?

3. Why am I here?

4. Is there more, or is this life it?

5. What happens when I die?

6. Is there a God?

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

Which reminds me of my atheistic dad who was accepting of me when I was into drugs, immorality and the occult etc., but when I came to faith in Jesus he seriously wanted to have me committed to a looney bin.

My comment is not directed to any person or relationship, but solely a general secular observation and comment on my part.  

Basically, our belief system can be divided into two basic camps, creation and evolution. Evolution is a religion, the religion is atheism and there is no God.

Even from a secular evolutionist viewpoint, there is NO evidence of evolution between kinds (a zebra changing into a monkey). Much-less we came from a cocktail of primordial soup produced from a rock, or a Big Bang from something as small as an atom creating everything in existence. Is that all we are, our forefathers were Campbell's Primordial Pond Scum soup? That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  How much faith and belief does it take to believe "the lie?" Such teaching insults my observations and critical thinking and I resent it.

We have a book with hundreds of prophecies that have been fulfilled, 100% accurate, 100% of the time, with many more to come to pass. Only someone residing outside of space and time can see history, the present and future all at the same time. We have hundreds of individuals who personally witnessed and recorded things in the Bible, including Jesus's life, death and resurrection of Christ. The Bible records science's and things not known until modern times and are completely accurate. We have literally millions of martyr's throughout history who have given up their very lives rather than denounce their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.  Whom would give up their very life for a lie (other than Islam)?

I could name at least 100 things that are necessary for our very existence and function of life here on earth. A statistician would have a field day trying to figure the odds of all the things necessary to come together just to support our life and planet. 

Even from a secular viewpoint, it's a no brainier which one is the truth and holds all the facts and evidence. And which one is a lie from the the father of all lies.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

5 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

We have a book with hundreds of prophecies that have been fulfilled, 100% accurate, 100% of the time, with many more to come to pass. Only someone residing outside of space and time can see history, the present and future all at the same time. We have hundreds of individuals who personally witnessed and recorded things in the Bible, including Jesus's life, death and resurrection of Christ. The Bible records science's and things not known until modern times and are completely accurate. We have literally millions of martyr's throughout history who have given up their very lives rather than denounce their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.  Whom would give up their very life for a lie (other than Islam)?

So, why is it some see and understand the truth, and so many do not?

2Co 4:3,4  But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

HOWEVER...........

Joh_10:27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

11 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

So, why is it some see and understand the truth, and so many do not?

2Co 4:3,4  But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

HOWEVER...........

Joh_10:27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

My response would be, some want to live a carnal life and serve the flesh and lusts of their own desires, and not believe they will someday be held accountable and judged according to God's Word. The Lord didn't create us as robots to parrot His will,  He created us that we might choose to become part of His family, and provided the means and way of doing so. He gave us free will to accept or reject the truth. Just as we are innately born with a conscience, to know good from evil, right from wrong, even at childhood, we can by self will eventually sear our very own conscience and choose to reject wisdom and truth. 

I believe it is planted in every human heart, a knowledge or sense there is something greater than ourselves to be sought out and worshiped. 

The hurtful and sad part of the truth is, choices have consequences, and in this case, this truth has eternal consequences.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

This may be, but some sure put up a good front acting like 'we only go around once, so go for all the world you can' or 'he who dies with the most toys wins'.

How true. But in reality, we exit this world the same way we entered it, naked and with nothing. Whom gets all those accumulated toys when the soul leaves the flesh? As the old saying goes, "you can't take it with you." How could anyone consider that a win? A win is our treasures stored up in heaven and our eternal Salvation. But I'm preaching to the choir. 

• Thanks 1