PreacherM@n

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Why am I not ever healed? I feel this lousy feeling that God doesn't want me, because I can't even overcome this illness ever. It eats at my ability to function, to get married, etc.. do i just qualify as a semi-Christian, since I must not understand faith properly?

Edited by PreacherM@n
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

What we all need, whether we realize it or not, is God Himself.

Consider how Jacob wrestled with God. He refused to let go until

God blessed him. Try Jacob's tactic--take aim at pressing in to the Father.

Be sure to repent first and ready yourself to abandon anything that might

get in your way; then, grab a hold of God. I believe that you will discover

your first love, your last love and everything in between. The glory of

knowing Him, makes everything else seem less important.

Genesis 32: 24-32

Jacob Wrestles

24 Then Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him until daybreak. 25 When he saw that he had not prevailed against him, he touched the socket of his thigh; so the socket of Jacob’s thigh was dislocated while he wrestled with him. 26 Then he said, “Let me go, for the dawn is breaking.” But he said, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.” 27 So he said to him, “What is your name?” And he said, “Jacob.” 28 He said, “Your name shall no longer be Jacob, but [a]Israel; for you have striven with God and with men and have prevailed.” 29 Then Jacob asked him and said, “Please tell me your name.” But he said, “Why is it that you ask my name?” And he blessed him there. 30 So Jacob named the place [b]Peniel, for he said, “I have seen God face to face, yet my [c]life has been preserved.” 31 Now the sun rose upon him just as he crossed over Penuel, and he was limping on his thigh. 32 Therefore, to this day the sons of Israel do not eat the sinew of the hip which is on the socket of the thigh, because he touched the socket of Jacob’s thigh in the sinew of the hip.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,630
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

Sorry for your pain!

Perhaps it is true that you do not understand faith  properly. But I would not know of that  at all.

What I do know is Christians come in all states of physical packages, some awfully damaged. They never get healed of their physical attributes, but they do get beyond them.

My human hero is a person badly deformed from a very harsh disease sense infancy. This person loves their life, loves their Lord. The Lord brought this person a spouse that loves them and is able to be of great aid with their physical  deformity and the pain associated with it. I believe God not only knows of the person's extremely harsh plight, but also uses it to His extreme Glory. This person, my human hero,  lifts many a Christian and makes many a non-Christian aware of Christ Jesus.

I pray for relief to come upon you from God, whether it be physical healing, or spiritual strength of purpose in the physical State you are in today. May God show you His mercy and grace, turning you about to being not only comfortable, but also triumphant over all that keeps you hurt and wondering  of God and His will for you. May God's grace be abundant in you. Amen

Edited by Neighbor

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,781
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom Preacherm@n,

You know that Paul had a similar situation!  If anyone had faith to be healed -- it was Paul and yet we read this,

2Co 12:7  So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. 
2Co 12:8  Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 
2Co 12:9  But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
2Co 12:10  For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

We don't know why some people deal with illnesses and others are healed -- but one thing we can trust is that ALL things work together for His Glory!

Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 
Rom 8:27  And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. 
Rom 8:28  And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. 

Whenever I'm going through a tough situation, I'm reminded of Joseph -- how he endured 14 years of hardship -- but in the end was elevated to the right hand of Pharoah! 

May the Lord continue to be with you in the midst of your trials!  

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

11 hours ago, PreacherM@n said:

Why am I not ever healed? I feel this lousy feeling that God doesn't want me, because I can't even overcome this illness ever. It eats at my ability to function, to get married, etc.. do i just qualify as a semi-Christian, since I must not understand faith properly?

I don't understand. One of my freinds was paralized from the waist down in a car accident. She is a barrel racer (horse speed event) and she grieved for the loss of the use if her legs about a year. Then she renembered "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" and got back on her horse and is now a paralized, rodeo winning barrel racer testifying "if God is for us who can be against us". God uses her to bring more people into his kingdom paralized then he ever did when her legs worked. I think you forgot the part your life is not your own. "God works all things for the good of those who love him and are called according to His purposes in Christ Jesus." Maybe you should be praying for courage to live and to know God. sickness can't keep us from his purposes. Our bodies dont have to be perfect or work perfect for him to be glorified by our life or us for us to live full and joyful lives. You're giving sickness power over your life, instead of saying use me Lord as an instrument of your loving kindness and mercy abd be a witness to sick oeopke God is still God abd still loves you abd yses you even if your sick. Lord use me, take me just as I am if it is your will to heal me to show yourself as God and be glorified then Amen. If it is your will to use this sickness to show you are God and be glirified then amen. thy will be done, Lord be glorified in me. The whole sickness is Gods hate and perfect health is Gods love is rediculous your gonna get old and die like everyone else is, every, sick, mammed, handicapped, feeble person is not an object of Gods wrath but are used by Him every day to show his love, mercy and goodness to a dieing world. Our world is subjected to frustration in hope for sons. You really think God who sends rain on the just and unjust would only allow sickness to fall on the only the unjust? He does heal but you should be walking in knowledge of his love and goodness having victory in Christ healed or not healed.

Edited by Reinitin
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1