IGNORED

THE TRINITY OF THE GODHEAD SEEN IN NATURE

KiwiChristian

Guest shiloh357
38 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

So if I understand you correctly, the body and soul passes away at death, but our spirit is resurrected with new bodies.  I am trying to reconcile this with Genesis 1:26.  Thanks for you response.

What aspects are you trying to reconcile with Gen. 1:26?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

What aspects are you trying to reconcile with Gen. 1:26?

Forget about Genesis 1:26 for the moment, I am now looking at Genesis 2:7 and comparing the KJV with the NKJV.  Living being and living soul are the same thing.  So what returns to God when we die is the breadth of life He gave us to be a living soul/being.  It seems modern religion has confused us unnecessarily as to what happens to us at death and how we live.  The breadth of life returns to God at our death, to be united with an uncorrupted new body at our resurrection.  Does that make sense to you?

Genesis 2:7 (NKJV)...'And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.'

Genesis 2:7 (KJV) ...'And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.'

Ultimately, we are the same dust/earth that Adam was made of.

Genesis 1:26-27 - New International Version (NIV)

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[1] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

Footnotes:

1. Genesis 1:26: Probable reading of the original Hebrew text (see Syriac); Masoretic Text the earth

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

So getting back to Genesis 1:26-27, I am trying to relate that, as best as a mere mortal can, how we are created in the image and likeness of God.  From other scriptures we know we were made a little lower than the Angels.  These are just thoughts running through my head, I don't expect you or anyone else to have all the answers.  God bless you.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Forget about Genesis 1:26 for the moment, I am now looking at Genesis 2:7 and comparing the KJV with the NKJV.  Living being and living soul are the same thing.  So what returns to God when we die is the breadth of life He gave us to be a living soul/being.  It seems modern religion has confused us unnecessarily as to what happens to us at death and how we live.  The breadth of life returns to God at our death, to be united with an uncorrupted new body at our resurrection.  Does that make sense to you?

Genesis 2:7 (NKJV)...'And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.'

Genesis 2:7 (KJV) ...'And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.'

Ultimately, we are the same dust/earth that Adam was made of.

Genesis 1:26-27 - New International Version (NIV)

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[1] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

Footnotes:

1. Genesis 1:26: Probable reading of the original Hebrew text (see Syriac); Masoretic Text the earth

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

So getting back to Genesis 1:26-27, I am trying to relate that, as best as a mere mortal can, how we are created in the image and likeness of God.  From other scriptures we know we were made a little lower than the Angels.  These are just thoughts running through my head, I don't expect you or anyone else to have all the answers.  God bless you.

Man is actually spirit, soul and body.  Your spirit the real you, the part that is born again, is what goes to heaven. 

I read all of that, but respectfully, I think you are overthinking things.  I think it is far easier just to read without over analyzing the text. 

when the Bible says we are made in His image, it isn't referring to anything physical.   We are made in His image in that we reflect His moral image, and His communicable attributes.

Even sinners, reflect God's moral image in their general compassion for other human beings as we are seeing in Texas, right now.  Even sinners can be merciful, gracious, possess a sense of justice and fair play.  They reflect His image in the field of medicine and their desire to heal.    We are the only creatures made with the ability to communicate with God and fellowship with Him.   There are so many things about how we are made in His image that we reflect every day and we can see His image in humanity in general. 

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

How are we created in the likeness and image of God? 

There is Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.  Three in One.  We are body, spirit, and soul.  Three in one. 

What i find fascinating is the greek word for spirit is Pneuma.   Its where we get words like Pneumatic... and the bible says He breathed the breath of life... and he became a living soul.  

This is true only if you separate the spirit from the soul.  If a living soul is the body and spirit, we've only identified two of three parts as related to the trinity.  I agree with the Greek word pneuma, as it indicates an action, as God has given us life by His breadth.

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Man is actually spirit, soul and body.  Your spirit the real you, the part that is born again, is what goes to heaven. 

I read all of that, but respectfully, I think you are overthinking things.  I think it is far easier just to read without over analyzing the text. 

when the Bible says we are made in His image, it isn't referring to anything physical.   We are made in His image in that we reflect His moral image, and His communicable attributes.

Even sinners, reflect God's moral image in their general compassion for other human beings as we are seeing in Texas, right now.  Even sinners can be merciful, gracious, possess a sense of justice and fair play.  They reflect His image in the field of medicine and their desire to heal.    We are the only creatures made with the ability to communicate with God and fellowship with Him.   There are so many things about how we are made in His image that we reflect every day and we can see His image in humanity in general. 

I may indeed be overanalyzing things.  It's in my nature as an engineer to do that.  It was my thought to relate our being to the Trinity, but I can't get there if soul and spirit are the same thing.  Then there is Hebrews 4:12 indicating they are separate but connected.

New American Standard Bible - Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

So I am back where I started.  Taking these Scriptures in context, I am left with the Spirit returns to God when I die, but is returned to me at my resurrection with a resurrected mind/soul and body.  I will still be me, only better and not subject to the sin nature inherited from my humanity.  Does that make some semblance of sense?

With respect to Texas, you see the best of people when tragedy hits a community.  I am glad to see so many people coming together, but the storms not over yet.  Louisiana could feel some of the effects of Harvey too.  We should keep all of these people in our prayers.  My house has flooded 9 times in 17 years, and I'm not even in a flood plain.  My prayers are with them even after the storms calm and the rebuilding begins.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Looking at this from a human perspective, what is the difference between the body, soul, spirit, intellect, thoughts, feelings, dreams, etc.  How do you think these align from a Biblical perspective?  Given, some are obviously connected.  No traps here, I am looking/searching for the difference between body, soul, spirit and intellect primarily.  I know we will have resurrected bodies, but what will remain of us when we are no longer under the temptation of the flesh?

Hi Saved, One. y, Grace.

I have posted these scriptures before regarding body soul and Spirit. I'll dig them up out of my documents. I hope this helps.

Every living thing has a body, soul and spirit. The soul is that which feels and the spirit is that which knows. 

The body of any being is the outward form or house in which his soul and spirit dwells (Gen. 2:7, 19; John 5:28-29; Matt. 27:12; 1 Cor. 15:34-58; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23; Heb. 10:5-10). There are spiritual and natural bodies, or heavenly and earthly bodies; and both kinds are real (1 Cor. 15:40-49).

Animals have both feelings and knowledge although somewhat limited and on a much lower scale than that of man. Animals were not created in the likeness of God as men are. They are a lower type of life and they have souls and spirits in the sense of feelings, emotions, appetites, desires, passions, and a low form of knowledge, as can be seen in may Scriptures.

If there are horses in Heaven as the Scriptures teach then there must be all kinds of animals there for Heaven is called a better place, and therefore it is sure to be as good as the Earth (Hebrews 11:10-16).

Scriptures teach that there is a difference between the natural spirit of man and the spirit of beasts (Eccl. 3:21); that there is a difference between "breath" and "spirit" (Job 34:15; Ps. 19:7; Luke 12:19; 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 7:1) ; and that each creature has a separate spirit which is not a part of God (Num. 16:22; 27:17; Eccl. 3:21 ; Ezek. 21:7; Dan. 2:1-3; Mal. 2:15-16; Prov. 16:2; 1 Cor. 2:10-12; 14:32; Heb. 12:9, 23; 1 Thess. 5:23).

Eccl. 3:21 states this; "Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

The soul is that invisible part of all living beings that feels, the seat of his affections, emotions, passions, and desires, and which gives him self consciousness and makes him a sentient being (Lev. 23:43; 1 Sam. 22:2; 30:6; 2 Sam. 13:39; 2 Kings 4:27; 23:3; Ps. 107:5, 9, 18, 26; Mark 12:33; Matt. 26:38; John 12:27; Heb. 10:38; Heb. 4:12).

The spirit is that invisible part of all living beings that knows, the seat of his intellect, mind, and will, and that which gives him self-determination and makes him a free moral agent and a rational being (1 Cor. 2:11; Matt. 26:41; Exodus 35:21; Job 38:8, 18; Prov. 20:27; Phil. 4:12; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23).

The Bible teaches that unsaved men do not have God's Spirit in them (Rom. 8:9-16; John 4:4-6); that God's Spirit is not received until the new birth (John 3:1-5; 14:17; Rom. 8:9-16) ; that there is a difference between the natural spirit of man and beasts (Eccl. 3:21) ; that there is a difference between breath and spirit (Job 34:15; Ps. 19:7; Luke 12:19; 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 7:1) ; and that each creature has a separate spirit which is not a part of God (Num. 16:22; 27:17; Eccl. 3:21; Ezek. 21:7; Dan. 2:1-3; Mal. 2:15-16;  Prov. 16:2; 1 Cor. 2:10-12; 14:32; Heb. 12:9, 23; 1 Thess. 5:23).  If we try to substitute breath for soul and spirit in all of the above passages we will see how ridiculous such meanings are.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Hi Saved, One. y, Grace.

I have posted these scriptures before regarding body soul and Spirit. I'll dig them up out of my documents. I hope this helps.

Every living thing has a body, soul and spirit. The soul is that which feels and the spirit is that which knows. 

The body of any being is the outward form or house in which his soul and spirit dwells (Gen. 2:7, 19; John 5:28-29; Matt. 27:12; 1 Cor. 15:34-58; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23; Heb. 10:5-10). There are spiritual and natural bodies, or heavenly and earthly bodies; and both kinds are real (1 Cor. 15:40-49).

Animals have both feelings and knowledge although somewhat limited and on a much lower scale than that of man. Animals were not created in the likeness of God as men are. They are a lower type of life and they have souls and spirits in the sense of feelings, emotions, appetites, desires, passions, and a low form of knowledge, as can be seen in may Scriptures.

If there are horses in Heaven as the Scriptures teach then there must be all kinds of animals there for Heaven is called a better place, and therefore it is sure to be as good as the Earth (Hebrews 11:10-16).

Scriptures teach that there is a difference between the natural spirit of man and the spirit of beasts (Eccl. 3:21); that there is a difference between "breath" and "spirit" (Job 34:15; Ps. 19:7; Luke 12:19; 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 7:1) ; and that each creature has a separate spirit which is not a part of God (Num. 16:22; 27:17; Eccl. 3:21 ; Ezek. 21:7; Dan. 2:1-3; Mal. 2:15-16; Prov. 16:2; 1 Cor. 2:10-12; 14:32; Heb. 12:9, 23; 1 Thess. 5:23).

Eccl. 3:21 states this; "Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

The soul is that invisible part of all living beings that feels, the seat of his affections, emotions, passions, and desires, and which gives him self consciousness and makes him a sentient being (Lev. 23:43; 1 Sam. 22:2; 30:6; 2 Sam. 13:39; 2 Kings 4:27; 23:3; Ps. 107:5, 9, 18, 26; Mark 12:33; Matt. 26:38; John 12:27; Heb. 10:38; Heb. 4:12).

The spirit is that invisible part of all living beings that knows, the seat of his intellect, mind, and will, and that which gives him self-determination and makes him a free moral agent and a rational being (1 Cor. 2:11; Matt. 26:41; Exodus 35:21; Job 38:8, 18; Prov. 20:27; Phil. 4:12; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23).

The Bible teaches that unsaved men do not have God's Spirit in them (Rom. 8:9-16; John 4:4-6); that God's Spirit is not received until the new birth (John 3:1-5; 14:17; Rom. 8:9-16) ; that there is a difference between the natural spirit of man and beasts (Eccl. 3:21) ; that there is a difference between breath and spirit (Job 34:15; Ps. 19:7; Luke 12:19; 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 7:1) ; and that each creature has a separate spirit which is not a part of God (Num. 16:22; 27:17; Eccl. 3:21; Ezek. 21:7; Dan. 2:1-3; Mal. 2:15-16;  Prov. 16:2; 1 Cor. 2:10-12; 14:32; Heb. 12:9, 23; 1 Thess. 5:23).  If we try to substitute breath for soul and spirit in all of the above passages we will see how ridiculous such meanings are.

So it appears that all have a spirit then they get saved and get another spirit?

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:17 AM, KiwiChristian said:

14) Sub-atomic particles: 3 main sub-atomic particles are: proton, electron, neutron.

This one actually matches Scripture with precise detail.

mhp-0565.png

10 hours ago, Base12 said:

This one actually matches Scripture with precise detail.

mhp-0565.png

Your analogy breaks down immediately when one considers the first element in the Periodic Table, hydrogen.  Hydrogen has one proton and one electron.  It does not have a neutron. 

11 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Your analogy breaks down immediately when one considers the first element in the Periodic Table, hydrogen.  Hydrogen has one proton and one electron.  It does not have a neutron. 

You mean you've never heard of the Son being separated from the Father?

It's quite a story you know.

:king: