• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi!

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

What if original reason why I first came to God was not because I knew about my sinfulness and wanted forgiveness but because I seeked supernatural help with finding wife? Does that mean that God used this difficulty of my life to draw me or is there any possibility that I came with my own initiative and that God has not actually drawn me?

In other words if I came to God for wrong reasons, can I assume that I have been drawn by God?

Edited by LPTSTR

7 minutes ago, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

What if original reason why I first came to God was not because I knew about my sinfulness and wanted forgiveness but because I seeked supernatural help with finding wife? Does that mean that God used this difficulty of my life to draw me or is there any possibility that I came with my own initiative and that God has not actually drawn me?

So you are special and scripture doesnt apply to you?

You have sought signs and wonders. God didnt put that in you but the deceiver satan did ie your mind!!

When are you going to stop with your wanting God to please your fleshy desires and put God first in all things?

John 4:48Jesus said to him, “Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will never believe.”

You must be reborn in the spirit! That SHOULD be your ONLY concern . Your priorities are all wrong.

The ABC’s Of Salvation

A. Christ DIED for you – Romans 5:8
B. Christ PAID your sins in Full – 2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 2:24
C. BELIEVE(Trust In Completely) on Christ ALONE for salvation – John 3:16, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 2:8,9, 1 Cor. 15:1-4
Repent! For the kingdom of Heaven is at hand! Matthew 4:17

“For the wages of sin is death(Eternal Torment In Hell & The Lake of Fire); But the Gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ Our Lord”. Romans 6:23

IT IS THAT SIMPLE – THE GOSPEL TRUTH

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

So you are special and scripture doesnt apply to you?

You have sought signs and wonders. God didnt put that in you but the deceiver satan did ie your mind!!

When are you going to stop with your wanting God to please your fleshy desires and put God first in all things?

John 4:48Jesus said to him, “Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will never believe.”

You must be reborn in the spirit! That SHOULD be your ONLY concern . Your priorities are all wrong.

The ABC’s Of Salvation

A. Christ DIED for you – Romans 5:8
B. Christ PAID your sins in Full – 2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 2:24
C. BELIEVE(Trust In Completely) on Christ ALONE for salvation – John 3:16, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 2:8,9, 1 Cor. 15:1-4
Repent! For the kingdom of Heaven is at hand! Matthew 4:17

“For the wages of sin is death(Eternal Torment In Hell & The Lake of Fire); But the Gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ Our Lord”. Romans 6:23

IT IS THAT SIMPLE – THE GOSPEL TRUTH

Please read 1 Timothy 2:12.
Copy-paste answer is not loving.
They way you talk is not loving.
If I merely look at your behaviour I dont see how you would inherit the kingdom of God any more than I do.

PS you still didnt answer: " if I came to God for wrong reasons, can I still assume that I have been drawn by God?" Instead I received proof of your self righteousness.

Edited by LPTSTR

8 minutes ago, LPTSTR said:

If I merely look at your behaviour I dont see how you would inherit the kingdom of God any more than I do.

You want your ears tickled. You need to learn the true meaning of love.

Hint: It isnt what you hear "in" the world. The truth is in Gods word and the truth will set you free!

I base my opinion on Gods word.

You lean on your own understanding and wanting God to please your fleshy desires!

Faith come by hearing(studying) and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

7 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

It doesnt surprise me that you take Gods word out of context! You must be reborn again!

1 Corinthians 2:15 15The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments,

You are clearly pharisee in Luke 18:9-14.
I am nit taking it out of context.  You are woman and if the Bible tells woman shall not teach or have authority over man then that's it You dont teach here. Full stop. Not only are you teaching man but you are also looking down on me like this pharisee looked down on tax collector. You are assuming to have authority over me right now.

But I want you to remember that it was not man who was deceived but woman who then also deceived man. Man is not created of woman but woman of man.

You are only here to be some one. but you still havent answered my question. (I have edited my original post to make my question more clear.)

Edited by LPTSTR

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

30 minutes ago, LPTSTR said:

PS you still didnt answer: " if I came to God for wrong reasons, can I still assume that I have been drawn by God?" Instead I received proof of your self righteousness.

Hello LPTSTR,

I don't have all the answers, but I believe God draws all to Him.  No one can claim they came to God on their own, the glory goes to God alone!

Yes, I believe God draws YOU to Him.  You and I may both have wrong reasons, even ignorance, and yes, sin, but God wants a relationship with you anyway!  This is good news!

As for 1 Timothy 2:12, I think there is a little more behind that than you may be taking, it may take some studying to determine what is meant in that verse.  

Matthew 7:6 seems to be good advice to follow from time to time, but every time I see it used it seems to be used as a club, and it hurts me to even read it in this context. Please forgive us LPTSTR, as we are all learning. 

• Loved it! 1

3 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Hello LPTSTR,

I don't have all the answers, but I believe God draws all to Him.  No one can claim they came to God on their own, the glory goes to God alone!

Yes, I believe God draws YOU to Him.  You and I may both have wrong reasons, even ignorance, and yes, sin, but God wants a relationship with you anyway!  This is good news!

As for 1 Timothy 2:12, I think there is a little more behind that than you may be taking, it may take some studying to determine what is meant in that verse.  

Matthew 7:6 seems to be good advice to follow from time to time, but every time I see it used it seems to be used as a club, and it hurts me to even read it in this context. Please forgive us LPTSTR, as we are all learning. 

Thanks.

I can safely assume that even though I originally cam to God for wrong reason I am still been drawn? Just asking to clarify because wanting to have relationship and actually drawing seem to be two different things to me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Just now, LPTSTR said:

Thanks.

I can safely assume that even though I originally cam to God for wrong reason I am still been drawn? Just asking to clarify because wanting to have relationship and actually drawing seem to be two different things to me.

God is sovereign, and there is some mystery to all this, at least for me.  

Romans 1:20  

For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, nhave been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,7 in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

Even though none of us seek Him, we are all without excuse, as He reveals Himself to us.  So while there are verses talking about God's foreknowledge and His plans, there are also verses expressing God's desire that none should perish, that He loves us and wants all to come to Him. So when I look at all He has written in the bible for us to learn of Him, there is still something of a mystery as to how it all comes together.  Like I said, I don't have all the answers, and I think God designed it to be so, we are to trust Him.   Try finding a quiet place and just be honest and ask Him to reveal Himself to you.  One has to be humbled enough to listen, but I believe God answers us, even in our unbelief.  I believe, Lord, help me in my unbelief! 

• Loved it! 1

One of the attributes of one who was drawn is that he will have a godly sorrow of his sinfulness. He will desire to turn from that sin to honor Christ who died on the cross for all of us as payment for our sins.. God brings us to "seeing" why we desperately need him at the same time that he puts a desire in us to seek him! God is HOLY. God demands reverence.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. Proverbs 9:10

Edited by Guest