• Topic Count:  956
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,616
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

44 minutes ago, just_abc said:

Hi Neighbor

Thanks very much for your kind words.  :b: But actually what I meant was the whole hymn / praise worship song - being sung in more than one language at the same time - in a bilingual service.  :b:

For example you might be holding a hymnal in your hand and singing in english... and someone nearby might be singing the same song but in a different language  :)

-  I think your suggestion of using a line or two in different languages is very interesting!  And might be a good idea too for churches where I live.  :):)

Oye, I have a hard time when there is just a simple multipart harmony where men are singing one line and the women singing another part at the same time. I do love the overall idea though of multiple languages for the sake of inclusiveness.

Course, it will probably be cause to split a church apart too, as music is the number one reason for discord in a church.

Why the Church of Christ will not allow instruments, nor multipart harmony, nor anything but a pitch pipe to start the congregation off with as they sing together. I always was suspicious back when I attended one, with some really fine Christians of strange understandings. That pitch pipe and the person that sounded the pitch, was God offended by it? Did the pitch pipe piper lose his salvation? Could a woman sound the pitch too or just certain men? What was the rule? :o

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18

34 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Of course.    When I read only part what you brought that I had said, I got a wee concerned that it should have been the whole text you brought.

So I have to clarify that it don't matter what skin suit we have on.  the only thing that matters is that we worship Christ . 

see, I am white , but not all whites are my family.   only those in Christ .  in fact my daughter can marry any group she desires, black, Asian , white , indian

but only IF they know Christ .   I will honor no marriage of my daughter to any white person IF they don't belive in Christ , I will honor any marriage which

the other party believes and honors Christ.   No other gods , no other lies, will be accepted.   I hope that helps .

Oh you are the hard case! 

That's wonderful in a moment of theory building I suppose, but when the rubber meets the road so to speak, will you make even a daughter's marriage more difficult for her and her husband, as well as for your own spouse rather than be inclusive and inviting of the non believer into the family, and to hear the gospel of Jesus?  Really? What of children that do not yet believe, are they to be ostracized too?

Will you deny your own flesh and blood grandchildren too? Do you think any child will marry only  to whom it pleases others including a parent?

Seems way beyond the pay grade of any parent to demand such a thing as the price of their own love and compassion. Fortunately my Lord Jesus was not so stiffnecked with me. He took me just as I was, standing there without one plea nor justification.

I certain hope God softens  hearts of parents when children  marry and the man or woman  does not meet all standards preset by her parents and family.  

Further I do pray that all of us welcome our children's spouses as being equal  to our own children and not as some "inlaw" a distinction  of separation, and of a lower responsibility to love. It is not optional to love our sons and daughters in laws it is necessary. Our own testimony of Jesus is at stake and we always  lose when we condemn a presumed  unsaved person instead of giving them a hug of welcome. - even one into the family.

Do you really mean what you wrote? ??? Really?

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

I will simply follow Christ and if it cost me everything SO BE IT.   JESUS is my LIFE and is before all things  , mother , father , child ,

JESUS is loved above all.    And if I am seen as ugly or hateful, I shall embrace it as gain to KNOW and SUFFER FOR CHRIST .   ITS ALL FOR CHRIST NOW.

My pattern will be that of the early church who truly followed Christ .   OH amen , I could just sing the joy of this all day.   Sing , sing to the LORD peoples.

I hope that answers your assumptions about me neighbor.   Feel completely free to see me as a hater and or wrong.   it truly wont matter.  I will just pray for you and others.

But I refuse to conform , even the slightest of the slight of any bit towards the world .   Neighbor I cannot fully express the freedom in this

knowing no matter what comes against me, no matter what others may or may not think of me,  the JOY of JESUS FIRST , TRUTH ABOVE EVRYTHING is a joy no man can take.

And the all inclusive mindset of today, I just shun it to the darkness .    And oh what peace those whose minds are only on Christ , what peace and joy they have.

While at the same time its so hard to have to see others wading right into dangerous currents.   all I can do is offer the boat and oars I cannot make them get in.

But pray for them I will.    Oh sing to the LORD all peoples......and all peoples to the Lord let us sing.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

So I have to clarify that it don't matter what skin suit we have on.  the only thing that matters is that we worship Christ .

hi

Thanks again for clarifying.  :)

I was just a bit puzzled by the earlier post thats all.  Because the term 'Indians' was used in the same sentence as terms refering to specific religion such as muslims and buddhists.  But the term 'Indian' usually refers to nationality.. or race / ethnicity/ culture etc.    So I was a bit puzzled why a term usually used for nationality / race / ethnicity / culture etc  was used in those sentences..  That's why I asked if you were refering to hindus  {i.e. hinduism}.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused in this thread.  But thank you again for clarifying.

Edited by just_abc

2 minutes ago, just_abc said:

hi

Thanks again for clarifying.  :)

I was just a bit puzzled by the earlier post thats all.  Because the term 'Indians' was used in the same sentence as terms refering to specific religion such as muslims and buddhists.  But the term 'Indian' usually refers to nationality.. or race / ethnicity/ culture etc.    So I was a bit puzzled why a term usually used for nationality / race / ethnicity / culture etc  was used in those sentences..  rather than a specific religon.    That's why I asked if you were refering to hindus  {i.e. hinduism}.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused in this thread.  But thank you again for clarifying.

No worries .    I know this is off subject but I just watched the weather.   IT looks like we have not one but possibly two hurricanes on the way.

Pray people .   and pray for many souls to COME TO CHRIST so they may have eternal life.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

On 30.8.2017 at 1:53 PM, Neighbor said:

I wonder can it be, and I pray that it is, that music may be a great catalyst to melt hearts and bridge cultures even as we all struggle over illegals, foreigners, and refugees, of the world? May we be enabled  to surrender our fears and our prejudices over to God, and join together in worshipping Him in music that bridges language barriers and cultural differences. May we all praise our creator and  in him find love and fellowship for each other.

Hi Neighbor,

that's interesting, I think. Blending different cultures in music for worship could mean that culture can't divide Christianity, it just means some little work for the musicians to somehow come to a result that sounds nice.

Just the way, Yowm said...

On 30.8.2017 at 3:54 PM, Yowm said:

All shows culture is secondary to...

John 4:23-24 KJVS
[23] But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. [24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

...as long as those two ingredients are present, culture is of little importance.

I think, culture still is of importance, as it it is given some thought in the Bible. Solomon, for instance, approached only internationally renowned artists in their specialities constructing the first temple. But cultural differences can't hinder the faithful from praising God toghether.

Furthermore, if refugees can become team members of the music team at church, they can feel more integrated, I think, and have the feeling of being able to contibute something rather than staying at the receiving end. I think, they finally would be able to feel equal to the others.

Thomas

Equal Equal to others. Interesting phrase. I'm thinking on that one, will for awhile. 

Equal hmm. For myself I do desire acceptance, I don't know if that is also desiring to be equal. Thinking that one through for awhile. Maybe it is splitting hairs.

Edited by Neighbor

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Under the new covenant temples of wood and stone are nothing compared to our bodies as temples of the Living God. Refugees can become team members sure, but when it comes to worship, if it is done according to truth, no culture's worship is better than the next. They are equal through the shed blood of the Lamb...no need to 'feel' equal.

Just one big HOLY SPIRIT FILLED FAMILY, where no one is above the other.   I seen this FEEL equal do major damage.  in society and worse in churches too.

We have what I call racial churches.  they focus on their races problems , make that the issue and call of the church.   OUR CALL is to proclaim the gosple

and the truth is it don't matter what skin suit you have on, if you christain the world is going to wrong you.  so focus on Christ not race.

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Equal Equal to others. Interesting phrase. I'm thinking on that one, will for awhile. 

Equal hmm. For myself I do desire acceptance, I don't know if that is also desiring to be equal. Thinking that one through for awhile. Maybe it is splitting hairs.

Don't see this as an attack.   But I spotted your problem.    Me,  it matters not if I am accepted.  What matters to me is souls to be saved .

OF course I would love to have the fellowship with others as one in Christ.   But acceptance means not a thing to me.   FOR people to ACCEPT CHRIST as savoir , means everything.

Thanks,  I must be doing much better.

People used to make top ten lists of my problems.